How much can you bench press?

• Thread starter Concept
  • 612 comments

Concept

(Banned)
I was just wondering. How much can you bench press? Give your weight and age as well. It will help out in getting an idea of how strong you are in this area.

I am like this:

Weight - 145lbs.

Age - 15

Bench Press - 160lbs.

Now it is your turn. :)

Update as of 11/02/03

Weight - 161

Age - 16

Bench press - 220

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your height?

Age - 31 (yeah yeah..)
Height - 5'10"
Weight - 82kg (180 pds)
Bench (3 x 8 reps) - 125 pds (no idea on my max)

weight - 150
age - 17
Bench - 187 (2 months ago)
i dont usually bench, i like doing dips and pullups :)

Ok people I am sorry. I was in a rush to post that. Here we go again.

Weight - 145lbs

Height - 6 foot even

Age 15

Max 170 with one rep. 160 with 5-8 reps.

Hope that makes it a little more insightful.

6 foot at 15 :shakehead Another mutant!

I remember when I was normal height - I seem to be sliding into 'little bloke' status.

height doesnt mean **** this guy in my skool benches 350 and he's about 6'5 and he cant fight for ****, some asian guy beat the **** out of 'em, and the asian guys my height

Originally posted by vat_man
6 foot at 15 :shakehead Another mutant!

I remember when I was normal height - I seem to be sliding into 'little bloke' status.

Do not forget a size 14 shoe, and hands that feel comfortable around an Xbox controller. ;) :P

Originally posted by 1mic
height doesnt mean **** this guy in my skool benches 350 and he's about 6'5 and he cant fight for ****, some asian guy beat the **** out of 'em, and the asian guys my height

Yeah, but I have to look over these people in crowds!

well im short too, iverson is short as well, he's listed at 6'1'', but hes actually around 5'11-6', and iverson can skool players in basketball 6-7 inches taller then him!

Yeah, Iverson, 6 feet, 160lbs. I don't like him personally. He's a jackass.:P I hope he gets kicked out of the league. Anyway, this isn't the right forum for this so I'll shut up.:P I've never really worked out, so I have no idea what I can bench.:( I play all sports though.;):P

Originally posted by DessViperV-10
AGE-14
HEIGHT-5"8
Weight-140
BENCH-150

wow VC!!! you are ****in tall!!!

Hey - you've acheived my ambition - benching your own weight!

I'm coming at it from both directions - losing weight and increasing bench press weight.

Originally posted by DessViperV-10
AGE-14
HEIGHT-5"8
Weight-140
BENCH-150

wow VC!!! you are ****in tall!!!

No not really. I should be getting up in the 6'3'' range before I stop getting taller. My father is 6'5'' and my older brother is 6'4'' so maybe I will turn out 6'3'' range. :)

here come all the hero threads.

anyway, benchpressing is nothing without repetition. ask yourselves, can you benchpress 80kilos 20 times? haha no way.

oh and i can lift the tv remote with no problems.

Originally posted by Dudebusta

anyway, benchpressing is nothing without repetition. ask yourselves, can you benchpress 80kilos 20 times? haha no way.

Actually, my friends and I were bench pressing for the hell of it at the end of class and we all did 95lbs 18+ times.

I do not even know what a kilo is people. :odd:

I am talking about the bench press where you lay on your back and have a bar with weights on each end.

kilogram. im guessing 95 pounds is about 40 kilograms. not bad for a 15 year old kid. cant say that i know how much i can lift, ive never really felt the urge to bust my arse.

Originally posted by StevieMo
what kinda angle do you extend your arms at?
that makes a big difference too

I think we do things differently than other people. I am not sure. I do not understand your question totally. :odd:

I am one of only a handful of people in my weight training class who do not use a wide grip while benching heavy weight. Coach and other students say it is much easier but I have tried I can barely bench 120 with wide grip. I usually bench with my hands 15-20 inches away from each other. (I can not measure worth a **** excuse me if that sounds weird.)

kilogram. im guessing 95 pounds is about 40 kilograms. not bad for a 15 year old kid. cant say that i know how much i can lift, ive never really felt the urge to bust my arse.

Or nuts for that matter. :P

Hmmm...I smashed a hotel TV because they had the remote attached to the TV like a phone cord. Pulled it, thought it was weird that it was resisting, let it go, and SMASH! :D

The most I could do is 70-80 lb but the heaviest weight I have is 55 lb. In a set I can do 15-25. Total I will either do 25, 55 or 110 reps.

Alright here we go, these are stats from 6 years ago before I quit training:

Age - 22
Height - 5' 11"
Weight - 185 lbs
Bench (Max) - 325 lbs

I was using a awesome bench program, if anyones interested I can post it. Basically if you follow the program, your max bench will increase 5lbs. per week...

BTW - I'm sure that my Max now is no where near that...and yes I think about getting back into it every day!

Also, for compitition purposes, if you take your Max/Weight you get a ratio. Most comps use this ratio for scoring....

With those stats, my ratio would be 1.75 on a flat-back press (flatback, meaning my back wasn't arched or off of the bench pad.)

Latest Posts

Back