How To: Apply Racing/Sports/Comfort Tires on Dirt/Snow Track and Vice Versa! (+Pictures!)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 60 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
Pretty old trick actually. But overlooked. Im shocked there is no thread about it yet.

1. At the main screen, go to the car settings.
2. Make sure one of your A,B,C setup has racing/sports/comfort tires installed. After that change to something else beside that.
3. Go to the dirt/snow track.
4. Go to car settings again. Then change the setup to that which contains racing/sports/comfort tires.
5. Go race/drive!

This can be applied backwards a.k.a putting snow/dirt tires on the road tracks.

- The handling feels like what happen when you drive on the gravel on the road tracks.

- For the vice nersa, there is some artificial grip made specifically for those dirt/snow tires.

- Some cars has the rim changed. Some others does not.

Pitcures:

Snow tire on road with 15 Anniversary car:
Silverstone The Stowe Circuit_2.jpg
Silverstone The Stowe Circuit_3.jpg

Dirt tire on road with base model:
Matterhorn Short Track_5.jpg

Racing tire on dirt with base model:
Eiger Nordwand - W Trail_1.jpg

Snow tire on the road with base model:
Red Bull Ring Short Track.jpg

Important note: After changing car settings, DO NOT click the "driving options"! It will revert to the correct tires. If you want to change driving options please do it before doing this glitch.

Last edited:
Pretty old trick actually. But overlooked. Im shocked there is no thread about it yet.

2. Make sure one of your A,B,C setup has racing/sports/comfort tires installed. After that change to something else beside that.
4. Go to car settings again. Then change the setup to that which contains racing/sports/comfort tires.
5. Go race/drive!

The handling feels like what happen when you drive on the gravel on the road tracks. The vice versa seems like on the sports range type of handling.
Oh wow that is amazing. But now that i know, i wish you hadn't made this thread, because what if PD fixes it and takes the 'bug' away? :nervous:

I'll have to check this out tonight!, been too long since I 'hooned' my beater-celica rally car around, this'll be a good opportunity to shake the dust off it. 👍

After some testing, it would seem that dirt tires barely help the cars drive-ability if you are driving on the dirt at big willow, and i also tried RS tires on Eiger Norwand K trail, and they felt almost identical to dirt tires on the same track. Odd.

5. Go race/drive!

The handling feels like what happen when you drive on the gravel on the road tracks. The vice versa seems like on the sports range type of handling.
Fantastic! Now i can see my original wheels on the replays!(not that ugly white wheels)...and is more close to real life...(i don't change the tires of my car when i go to the countryside) Thank you FrzGT!

Fantastic! Now i can see my original wheels on the replays!(not that ugly white wheels)...and is more close to real life...(i don't change the tires of my car when i go to the countryside) Thank you FrzGT!
I just tried this and it doesn't change the rim of the snow wheel. It only changes the tires.

I just finish my first replay in the Eiger K-trail reverse, with my 370Z silver metallic with black rims...[sport hard tires]
I don't know if it's that it doesn't work on snow or the car I was using (Premium Skyline R33 GT-R) didn't work properly, but I'll try it on dirt with the 370Z now.

EDIT: Nope, still didn't work. It only changes the tires for me and still leaves the dirt/snow wheel model. I tried it with stock rims and aftermarket rims, but it still didn't work. I used sports hard tires also.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's that it doesn't work on snow or the car I was using (Premium Skyline R33 GT-R) didn't work properly, but I'll try it on dirt with the 370Z now.

EDIT: Nope, still didn't work. It only changes the tires for me and still leaves the dirt/snow wheel model. I tried it with stock rims and aftermarket rims, but it still didn't work. I used sports hard tires also.
Really strange...Works fine with racing tires too...

Oh...yeah...Not work with original rims...(i just try with a new one 370Z) You must to change the original wheels first.

Oh...yeah...Not work with original rims...(i just try with a new one 370Z) You must to change the original wheels first.
I put custom rims on the 370Z and after it only changed the tires I sized up the custom rims and it still only changes the tires. I'm just taking a wild guess, but maybe it's the US disc/download version of GT6 that is the fault.

Here some of the OP updates mainly for those who confused:

- There is some artificial grip made specifically for those dirt/snow tires.

- Only the 15th Anniversary and racing/tuner cars has the rim changed. The base model does not.

Pitcure:

15 Anniversary:
Silverstone The Stowe Circuit_2.jpg

Silverstone The Stowe Circuit_3.jpg

Base car:
Red Bull Ring Short Track.jpg

Last edited:
I put custom rims on the 370Z and after it only changed the tires I sized up the custom rims and it still only changes the tires. I'm just taking a wild guess, but maybe it's the US disc/download version of GT6 that is the fault.
I think that i find the way: install the racing brakes(i try with the all original Scion FR S and works even with the original wheels)

I think that i find the way: install the racing brakes(i try with the all original Scion FR S and works even with the original wheels)
I'll make sure to try that 👍

EDIT: I put the race brakes on both tune sheets and it still only changed the tires only. I give up :grumpy::lol:

Last edited:
I used to have little interest but just now I thought to try dirt with lower grip. Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible, comfort hard was not clearly slower than dirt tyres. Setting: A110 '72 at Toscana.

Back