How To: Apply Racing/Sports/Comfort Tires on Dirt/Snow Track and Vice Versa! (+Pictures!)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 60 comments
I just tested it earlier.

IT WORKS!!!!!111111
600x400senna,0.jpg

I need a way better explanation on this, do I need to have each tire in a different setup? or do I just buy all of them and then change cars? Im so confused HELP!

I need a way better explanation on this, do I need to have each tire in a different setup? or do I just buy all of them and then change cars? Im so confused HELP!

1. Buy a car
2. Go to the tuning setup
3. Buy dirt or snow tyres
4. Go to tuning tab A
5. Set the tyres to dirt or snow tyres
6. Go to tuning tab B
7. Set the tyres to comfort, sports or racing tyres.

When you go to dirt tracks and want to use tarmac tyres, make sure you have tab A selected before you enter the event. Then go into the tuning setup and select tab B. Don't touch any other settings or driving options, just go straight to the track.

When you want to use dirt tyres on tarmac tracks, do the same, but have tab B selected before you enter the event and then select tab A once you're in.

1. Buy a car
2. Go to the tuning setup
3. Buy dirt or snow tyres
4. Go to tuning tab A
5. Set the tyres to dirt or snow tyres
6. Go to tuning tab B
7. Set the tyres to comfort, sports or racing tyres.

When you go to dirt tracks and want to use tarmac tyres, make sure you have tab A selected before you enter the event. Then go into the tuning setup and select tab B. Don't touch any other settings or driving options, just go straight to the track.

When you want to use dirt tyres on tarmac tracks, do the same, but have tab B selected before you enter the event and then select tab A once you're in.
i actually just figured it out thanks!

Has anyone tried to set this up for an online-lobby ?, I won't get to play until later today but I am curious if it works for open-lobbies, i.e. can the room be setup to allow other tires beyond dirt/snow ? - and will the glitch work for people who join with a 'prepared' setup ?

I can answer my previous question, that, this does not work for online-lobbies. The game reverts your car to the appropriate tires regardless of any setup tricks.

I've tried, a lot. Comfort and Racing tires, instead get these wheels and gave up because it was two in the morning. I'll see if I can try again later.
In order to change these ugly white wheels, just install the racing brakes...(if don't work, don't exit, just uninstall the racing brakes...This is the trick) I try with my Scion and works fine.

So if you use the Comfort/Sport tire on dirt/snow would it actually have less grip on those surface? I always feel the snow tire in the game is too effective.

I should add that, in most of the cars, the rim may be not what you desired on gameplay. But once you save the replay and play it on the gallery, the rim changes.

Sorry for the delay, guys. I recently tested it.

Is there a grip difference? Like will driving Daytona with dirt tires allow you to run the infield like a dirt track with better grip?

Once again this proves that the "normal" rims can be used on these tracks. Why the hell are we limited to those stupid OZ racing wheels on dirt when using the "proper" tires? :banghead:

Has anyone tried to set this up for an online-lobby ?, I won't get to play until later today but I am curious if it works for open-lobbies, i.e. can the room be setup to allow other tires beyond dirt/snow ? - and will the glitch work for people who join with a 'prepared' setup ?

I can answer my previous question, that, this does not work for online-lobbies. The game reverts your car to the appropriate tires regardless of any setup tricks.
I can confirm as well that this does not work online. It just makes you switch to a road tire, which for me seems to always be comfort softs.

Latest Posts

Back