How to save data from PS3 onto USB?

• Thread starter TheTryHard
  • 8 comments
Bikerxxcore
I've read a few threads in the past and i did not really understand or find the answer i was looking for so.. I was wondering what are the steps of saving data like GT5 or like MW2 onto a USB and how many GBs i would need for a USB to be able to hold them.

I am asking this because i've seen to many " lost data " from their PS3 threads and since i haven't been doing it. I should be saving before it happens to me.

Thanks in advance 👍

You need a usb or external hd in fat32 format, i use a 500gb hd. Then just go to your gt5 save file and copy to the usb. You can also copy to another account on your ps3.

I have gone through 4 ps3s in 16 months so I've done this once or twice. I'm from uk and didn't need to set it to fat32. The only problem I have is I lose half the 400 car pictures in my garage and I have to set them to online to get them back aarrgghh.

BadDoggie
The "Triangle Menu" in the garage also has an option to generate a new thumbnail. This is much quicker than setting to online then offline again! ;)

Especially with the select multiple option (L1)

plug in USB
go to save data utlility
go to desired game
press triangle
press copy
select desired usb device output
???
profit

I did these steps but I still cannot copy my GT5 save game to a USB stick. I can copy every other save game that I own but when I click the copy button on the GT5 save file, my USB does not show up in the menu. Why would I be able to copy all of my other save game files except for my GT5 save?

Back