How to turn off driving aid's

Discussion in 'Tourist Trophy' started by sunnybwoy, Feb 5, 2006.

1. sunnybwoy

sunnybwoy

If anyone out there can translate how to disable driving aid's, please post it in the translation thread. I want to love this game, it's just the computer kickin in on every bloody turn is starting to get real aggrivating.

2. the Interceptor

the Interceptor Premium

Don't you just have to switch to professional mode to turn off the driving aids? I played around with the options yesterday, and the moment I switched to that mode, I fell from my ride every time I gave it the berries in the corners, in second and even in third gear sometimes. And you can do a burnout.

Regards
    the Interceptor

3. Sambert

Sambert Premium

Aaargh, so many wasted hours.[​IMG] I’m testing the pro controller handling model as type, hoping that TT finds a permanent position in the Japanese PS2!

{Edit}
    Erm, the Interceptor, are you able to perform wheelies/stoppies in pro controller mode?

[​IMG]

4. livemusic

livemusic Premium

Isn't the game in Professional Mode by default?

5. Sambert

Sambert Premium

Not in the Chinese version. Felipe, are you able to perform monos/stoppies when using pro controller mode?

6. livemusic

livemusic Premium

Well, now I'm not sure if I'm using the Professional Mode or not. Some bikes can perform monos and stoppies, others can't. I'll change the playing mode when I get home to see if it gets harder to play.

7. Speedy Samurai

Speedy Samurai Premium

I thought I was using pro mode to begin with, but just found out I wasn't. Switched it now, and my back end kicks out sometimes.

8. livemusic

livemusic Premium

Okay, so the Japanese version is not in Pro Mode by default?

9. chihchou

chihchou

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

The default for Vibration is ON.

The default for Professional is OFF.

The default for " Harder Rules" is OFF.

10. Speedy Samurai

Speedy Samurai Premium

this game just got a hell of a lot harder.

11. Speedy Samurai

Speedy Samurai Premium

Samberto this is for you!

starting to power over..
    [​IMG]
    powering over...
    [​IMG]
    some burnt rubber..
    [​IMG]
    and over I go...
    [​IMG]

some more power over induced loss of traction and rubber...
    [​IMG]
    and over I go...
    [​IMG]

and then some fun.
    [​IMG]
    I pulled that stoppie out too!

and a wheelie through the first 3 gears...
    [​IMG]

I was tempted to start again using the pro mode but, man, is it ever hard!

12. livemusic

livemusic Premium

R1 is a fun bike to play with. :)

13. chihchou

chihchou

I don't think setting the controller to "Pro Mode" will turn off the driving aids.

In Pro Mode, you can control front brake and rear brake separately. And you have to lean forward by yourself.

Am I wrong?

14. the Interceptor

the Interceptor Premium

Well, at least TCS is being turned off, as speedy samurai just showed. :tup:

Regards
    the Interceptor

15. Sambert

Sambert Premium

Just thought I’d pop in to explain the stoppie/wheelie problem, as it was unrelated to the pro controller mode. It seems that the harder rules option curbs the stunts.

Chih, I can understand why you feel that the TCS remains, as bikes are somewhat limited from a standing start. However, at higher revs, one is finally able to break traction mid corner.:)

16. Speedy Samurai

Speedy Samurai Premium

I tried a burn out and while I can get that rear tire to spin there is, sadly, no smokeshow.

17. red7

red7

:) Spinning the rear, getting sideways. Phew! I was afraid pd left this detail out. Can front or rear tire be physically and/or visibly locked up in these modes?

18. chihchou

chihchou

Yes, I agree with you now. It does feel we got less traction at higher revs when set it to Pro Mode. I think I will start a new game with "Pro Mode" and "Harder rules" ON when I have time.

Thanks for the finding.:tup:

19. 8400RPM

8400RPM

This is great news. Thanks all for finding this out, I'm now even more excited to get my copy later this week.

20. amar212

amar212 Premium

Pro mode is a HC stuff. Will take som time to master. :(

21. livemusic

livemusic Premium

I got used to it in about 15 minutes. Way better in Pro Mode. :tup:

22. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn

The pro-mode, tire-spinning setting is very welcome news. I might be able to go without a PS3 for quite a while now ...

23. the Interceptor

the Interceptor Premium

Even if you might not, it's not like you got a choice, or do you? :D :p

24. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn

I expect the PS3 will come out sometime this year, and it'll probably take me longer than that to exhaust TT and MotoGP4.

25. 180bandit

180bandit

i feel a lot better now about getting the game now. i'm glad you guys figured that out. i was gonna be really disappointed if i couldn't break the rear loose on the exit of a corner.
    cheers to who ever figured it out...now lemme see some pics with smoke on corner exits. get that girl sideways!

26. franz

franz Premium

its really hard to master pro mode
    I fall off the bike so many times
    maybe using DFP can help to master

27. livemusic

livemusic Premium

I think it will be even harder using DFP. There's no secret in Pro Mode, you just have to get used to brake with square+R2 (and learning not to use R2 too much or you'll go down), use L2 to lean the pilot on straights and corners (sometimes you gotta let that go too on the corners or you'll fall), and get enough gas when exiting corners, but not too much on high-powered bikes or you'll fall again. :lol: But that's pretty much it, the main differences from regular mode.

Pro Mode also made me realise how good the controller configuration they came up with is. I don't like to use two fingers on each of the shoulder buttons sides, and although you use all four shoulder buttons on the game you never use R1 and R2 togheter, nor L1 and L2. After all you're not gonna brake when gearing up, and you better brake into a corner with the pilot standing to stop faster. :tup:

28. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn

One thing I'll say for the Xbox: the analog triggers are great things for moto games (it's too bad the THQ games are so awful but pretty), and with TT, I've been hoping I'll be able to do all the essential accelerating/braking/steering/leaning with the DS2's analog thumb sticks. Is that not correct -- will I have to use (ugh!) buttons?!

29. livemusic

livemusic Premium

No, you can gas/brake with the R3 and steer with the L3 just like in GT4. But as I said, the leaning button by default is L2. Although I like to use X and square both on TT and GT4. And on GT4 I also use the D-Pad to steer, on TT I prefer the L3.

30. zonekill

zonekill

With L3 or R3 you mean movement with left or right analog stick up or down?

The L3 and R3 buttons is when you press on the analog sticks.