How will you play Gran Turismo 7?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 107 comments
Australia
The Bronx
From what we've seen through to today, I'm leaning towards Show 'n shine. Will be nice to build some classics into "retro mods", JDM touge monsters and classic cafe racers.

Australia
Australia
I'll still be focusing on the FIA series in Sport Mode as well as racing in leagues - Sector 1 Sim Racing and GTS Oceanic Crew. For me there's nothing that beats close online competition. Unsure if I'll play through the full single-player mode - I might just play through some of it, then find a good race to grind and get enough credits to buy and upgrade all the cars I want to show off in GTSOC! If there are reward cars you can only obtain by playing all the way through, though, I guess I'll do that haha. We'll have to wait and see!

Last edited:
Netherlands
Netherlands
CoopR_26
I´ll definitely check out all the different cars in brand central, ucd and the brighton classics! Next would probably be the license tests. Once I get a car I like, I'll probably hit the Nurburgring quite soon. I want to lap every car I'll have around the Nordschleife, to see which is the best for it and which I like the most.

I also plan on getting a cheap 'project' car, like an NA Miata, Silvia or maybe even an RX-7. I hope it's possible to completely transform any car into a race ready car.

C_Raccoon23

Local Trash Panda
Premium
United States
USA
TPC_Raccooon23
CRaccoon23
Explore all parts of the game so I can get familiar with the menu and see what’s new, then complete all the single player stuff. After that, I’ll focus almost entirely on Sport Mode and FIA.

Malaysia
Malaysia
hdbdp4
Considering that the extra credits would "ruin" the "true" experience of the career mode, it's best to bring a calculator and a notepad for strict budgeting measures.

(For the record, I've only played 2 GT games up to this point, the PSP version and Sport. Embarrassing, I know.)

kjb

United States
Cary, NC
mrbabyboyd
I am going to take those extra credits and scour the Used Car Dealership for some of my favorite cars whatever they may be. I like being able to buy cars right away. I will run out of in game money at some point and will have to grind to get money for more cars because while I do like driving I think I like collecting cars even more. Speaking of collecting cars have they given a size for the garage?

United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Looks like we at least win two prize cars per license - one for all bronzes, and another for all golds. So I think I'll see if I can do those first. But if we're forced into buying a car first, I'll see how many credits we're given at the start, and see what I can buy, whether it's from the UCD or the new cars dealerships. I just hope we're not gifted a car from the get-go, like the Honda Fit in GT6 or the random car in GTS. I could definitely see myself getting a Toyota Corolla Levin, a Mazda Roadster NA, or maybe even something a bit newer like Subaru BRZ. That said, I'd love to get a starter car that isn't sporty at all, like the 2008 Fiat 500, or the Mazda Demio XD. Maybe I'll see how far I can get without each license, and then do each license when the respective necessity for each one emerges.

Otherwise, I plan to stick with my original course, where I get at least one of every car in the game, with the likely chance of getting two of each road car. In that case, I'd get one to leave as-stock in whichever OEM color strikes my fancy, and another to modify, both in terms of adding parts like a rear wing or custom wheels, installing internal stuff like turbo kits, and creating a custom livery. I don't plan to modify any of the race cars I get, either, though that could definitely depend on what sort of modifications are available - though I doubt most race cars will have extensive modification options on the level of the various road cars.

Last edited:

CLowndes888

I want to be monkey
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
fubbletrouble888
On a baby booster seat, facing away from the screen.

What? I'm answering the question the thread is asking.
Well in that case, I'll be sitting in my wheelchair facing the television whilst holding the controller on a pillow.

Keef

Premium
United States
Dayton, OH
GTP_KeefRacer
GTP Keef
My first car has to be an FC and I'm obsessed with finishing all the licenses before I start racing. Never know what useful cars you might be gifted.

Australia
The Bronx
My first car has to be an FC and I'm obsessed with finishing all the licenses before I start racing. Never know what useful cars you might be gifted.
Shhhh... hold on. Not so fast. At game release, I was going to make a thread: "What was the first car you bought?" ;)

Last edited:
United States
United States
Marc30599
I'm going to play it like I played GT3 A-Spec, gonna get into GT Mode and then move to Online mode once I finish GT Mode completely

United States
somewhere near Trial Mountain
oldbusanubis
I'll play it like I've played GT6 and GTS. I'll try to find the easiest and least time consuming methods to earn money. I'll be using the prize cars I earn to my advantage and try to save up enough money so I can buy all the cars that interest me.

I used to do grinding, but I'm an adult with a life and have no patience and time for that, so I'm hoping there will be a similar event to the blue moon bay event with the X-bow. One that takes 10-15 minutes and earns 300k+.

If the micro transactions reappear like they were in GTS where I can buy the expensive 2+ million credit cars from the PSN Store, I very well will take advantage of that.

Last edited:
United States
United States
My first race on the 3 dailys races on GTS I knew I found a place for the kind of racing I want to do on online . My hope is that GT7 will be as good.

Last edited: