How will you play Gran Turismo 7?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 204 comments
After seeing a few of these streams, I’ll just do all the basic stuff first. Licence tests, circuit experiences and Missions. As much as I can, without having to buy a bunch of cars. Since, (repeating)I’ll already have two Gr.3 cars, the gifted economy cars, plus, the initial one I have to buy, I’ll keep using gift cars until I get stuck.

In GT Sport, a lot of credits and cars are earned, by doing the basic stuff. Again, I’m going to need all that Cr., for tuning & aero parts.

God forbid that a game developer has the nerve to implement a progression system that's linked to completion instead of instant-dopamine-hits of handing out every car like Oprah Winfrey within the first few days a la Forza Horizon!
Where did he say or even insinuate it was a bad thing? He simply said, correctly, that many of the plans and ideas people have in here are not going to be possible.

You can't browse the new car dealership right at the start like someone wanted to do. You can't go straight online. You can't do the license tests right away. Etc etc . That's just the facts.

Where did he say or even insinuate it was a bad thing? He simply said, correctly, that many of the plans and ideas people have in here are not going to be possible.

You can't browse the new car dealership right at the start like someone wanted to do. You can't go straight online. You can't do the license tests right away. Etc etc . That's just the facts.
This guy really went looking for an AI-related reply that was a week old to try instigate yet another pointless argument, am I going to come home to find my pet dog boiling in a pot of water next? Ignored/blocked.

Now that the economy has been updated, can settle in on what I will do.

Been concentrating on race series such as, Touring Car Masters(Australian vintage Trans-Am), Super Taikyu, N2 AE86 championship, GT4, Group A(JGTC/ATCC/BTCC) and TCR. Luckily, I’ve got my core cars for all those series, including parts. Main concern are going to be, building a parts fund for the next lot of cars I acquire. Also, managing acquiring the remaining turn key cars of Gr.4.

On one front, I have some homologated GT4 cars(M4, Mustang, Supra). On the other front, I have road cars being built to GT4 specs. Main reason is, AI tuned road cars do not keep RH tyres to battle the Gr.4 cars. So, I’ve got a full 10 car “homologated” 2022 grid of GT4 spec road cars(replacing the Cayman GT4 with an old 997 GT3 that used to race in GT4).

Anyway, all this to say, many of us that do build these type series, need to have a rethink and prioritise which cars we collect. Do we forego, well we very well may have to, certain cars when the cars we need, show up in the UCD and/or Legendary Cars Dealership(LCD)? How will we manage our time to acquire Cr. before cars disappear or do we wait and see what happens down the road?

At the moment, I’m building a TCM Pontiac Trans Am and I’d also like to get another R32 and A70 Supra(both are in the current UCD). I can finish getting the parts I need for the T/A and still have enough time to get the JDM cars and parts. The LCD is soon to update and it should be interesting what‘s available and what choices are to be made.

Good luck moving forward.
We have confirmed the tires are not fixed?

Working on acquiring necessary GT4 cars as well. Also want an MX5 Cup series but it may not work out if they don't fix the tire issue.

I think I will not until they give us more races, championships or other events. I've played this for a couple of weeks and I feel I'm done. Even grinding for money is not interesting anymore.

After Nine months, we see what the game has to offer. The inclusion of car selling is probably the main missing feature as advertised. Meaning, many of us can get on playing from scratch(especially for players that don't have the 25th anniversary DLC).

Custom Race been my play the beginning. Now, it's all I do. I've only done one La Sarthe race since the car appraisal update.
Other than that, I also set my car at different parts of a circuit. Let the AI complete a race and watch the replay, as if spectating from where I was parked.

After Nine months, we see what the game has to offer. The inclusion of car selling is probably the main missing feature as advertised. Meaning, many of us can get on playing from scratch(especially for players that don't have the 25th anniversary DLC).

Custom Race been my play the beginning. Now, it's all I do. I've only done one La Sarthe race since the car appraisal update.
Other than that, I also set my car at different parts of a circuit. Let the AI complete a race and watch the replay, as if spectating from where I was parked.
I like free lapping on Willow Springs. Looks amazing. I always did that on GT6 already, now it's even better

So I finally bought the game but it was a great offer for 1/4th of the original value. I believe that at that price I have no complaints. It certainly is a good move since there is a bit more content and some fixes applied to the game after this long!

Planning to finish the single player content and just have fun with custom races... Multi-player seems to have failed to copy Sport's successful recipe.

Me and the Wife are finally settling on getting a Renault Trafic(van). Thinking about culling my garage and only collecting all the Renault-Alpine-Nissan-Mitsubishi “alliance” cars. Hence, the “brand loyalty”. Just missed the R8 Gordini, but not like it won’t come around after a good while.
Edit: and I just missed the R92CP. :lol:

Last edited:

I'll have to do that and park at the last chicane at Monza. Some crazy shenanigans in front of me by the AI there in my custom races.

No doubt. It’s also cool to see each car’s behaviour over curbs, overshooting corners, making mistakes. The suspension movements and sometimes, just the poor dampening physics. Looks cool in a caught on camera type of way.

Just to move the convoy here.
I don't play this game at all in the same way, but find it interesting how many different ways there are to play this game, and that's pretty cool really.

I've considered personally dumping a bunch of cars to buy ones I haven't tried yet, but found a relaxing thing to do personally with my large garage is to essentially have a track day where I select a track / layout I haven't spent much time on, and choose random cars over the course of the day. So for the time being I keep one of every car I collect, sometimes multiple of the ones I make permanent mods to so I can still drive them stock if I want.

I was curious, if this game offered better ways to organize your garage, beyond only labeling cars as favorites, would you keep cars around? Like create your own group of 0 mile cars for instance. Additional flexibility there is something I found that would be useful as my garage got to multiple hundreds of cars. Wouldn't count on it ever being added of course but I think it would be cool.
For me, I don’t need a zero mileage car in this example. I would prefer to group cars and lock them away. At the moment, I have 20 Sierras, 20 M3s. My other cars are the 25th Anniversary Red Bull X2019, RX-V Stealth and the GT500 Supra. I‘d place the Red Bull and Mazdas in a lock up that I don’t have to see. I‘d also place the GT500 in a separate lock up.

As it is, when we buy a new car, if we have favourites selected, we then have to unstick that to see the car we bought. Thus, opening the whole garage, which I dislike. We do have options like Manufacturer, Recent purchases, power, drivetrain, etc. I’d like to purchase a car and have an option to place it in favourites or a specific garage or lock up, while I’m in Brand Central.

Just to move the convoy here.

For me, I don’t need a zero mileage car in this example. I would prefer to group cars and lock them away. At the moment, I have 20 Sierras, 20 M3s. My other cars are the 25th Anniversary Red Bull X2019, RX-V Stealth and the GT500 Supra. I‘d place the Red Bull and Mazdas in a lock up that I don’t have to see. I‘d also place the GT500 in a separate lock up.

As it is, when we buy a new car, if we have favourites selected, we then have to unstick that to see the car we bought. Thus, opening the whole garage, which I dislike. We do have options like Manufacturer, Recent purchases, power, drivetrain, etc. I’d like to purchase a car and have an option to place it in favourites or a specific garage or lock up, while I’m in Brand Central.
I've always wanted to be able to create and label different "categories" like the favourites page. Even just two, favourites and "other" for example. The way I play is to try and collect at least one example of every car. I've collected doubles of all the engine swap cars for obvious reasons. Otherwise, if I somehow end up needing a car, I can wait. I pretty much never drive anything without a tune on it anyways, hence my favourites page. I just need a favourites of my favourites page for those extra special cars. lol.

I'm at 350ish cars and I pretty much refuse to do anything in the game other than public/private lobbies. It's particularly awesome because that doesn't count towards the daily workout. /sarcasm.

I too find it super interesting to see the many ways people play. For me, the general idea is to make it so I can just randomly choose to drive whatever I want, whenever I want. However that leads to a pretty cluttered garage...

Back