How will you play Gran Turismo 7?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 204 comments
From what we've seen through to today, I'm leaning towards Show 'n shine. Will be nice to build some classics into "retro mods", JDM touge monsters and classic cafe racers.

I'll still be focusing on the FIA series in Sport Mode as well as racing in leagues - Sector 1 Sim Racing and GTS Oceanic Crew. For me there's nothing that beats close online competition. Unsure if I'll play through the full single-player mode - I might just play through some of it, then find a good race to grind and get enough credits to buy and upgrade all the cars I want to show off in GTSOC! If there are reward cars you can only obtain by playing all the way through, though, I guess I'll do that haha. We'll have to wait and see!

Last edited:
I´ll definitely check out all the different cars in brand central, ucd and the brighton classics! Next would probably be the license tests. Once I get a car I like, I'll probably hit the Nurburgring quite soon. I want to lap every car I'll have around the Nordschleife, to see which is the best for it and which I like the most.

I also plan on getting a cheap 'project' car, like an NA Miata, Silvia or maybe even an RX-7. I hope it's possible to completely transform any car into a race ready car.

Explore all parts of the game so I can get familiar with the menu and see what’s new, then complete all the single player stuff. After that, I’ll focus almost entirely on Sport Mode and FIA.

Considering that the extra credits would "ruin" the "true" experience of the career mode, it's best to bring a calculator and a notepad for strict budgeting measures.

(For the record, I've only played 2 GT games up to this point, the PSP version and Sport. Embarrassing, I know.)

I am going to take those extra credits and scour the Used Car Dealership for some of my favorite cars whatever they may be. I like being able to buy cars right away. I will run out of in game money at some point and will have to grind to get money for more cars because while I do like driving I think I like collecting cars even more. Speaking of collecting cars have they given a size for the garage?

Looks like we at least win two prize cars per license - one for all bronzes, and another for all golds. So I think I'll see if I can do those first. But if we're forced into buying a car first, I'll see how many credits we're given at the start, and see what I can buy, whether it's from the UCD or the new cars dealerships. I just hope we're not gifted a car from the get-go, like the Honda Fit in GT6 or the random car in GTS. I could definitely see myself getting a Toyota Corolla Levin, a Mazda Roadster NA, or maybe even something a bit newer like Subaru BRZ. That said, I'd love to get a starter car that isn't sporty at all, like the 2008 Fiat 500, or the Mazda Demio XD. Maybe I'll see how far I can get without each license, and then do each license when the respective necessity for each one emerges.

Otherwise, I plan to stick with my original course, where I get at least one of every car in the game, with the likely chance of getting two of each road car. In that case, I'd get one to leave as-stock in whichever OEM color strikes my fancy, and another to modify, both in terms of adding parts like a rear wing or custom wheels, installing internal stuff like turbo kits, and creating a custom livery. I don't plan to modify any of the race cars I get, either, though that could definitely depend on what sort of modifications are available - though I doubt most race cars will have extensive modification options on the level of the various road cars.

Last edited:
My first car has to be an FC and I'm obsessed with finishing all the licenses before I start racing. Never know what useful cars you might be gifted.

I'm going to play it like I played GT3 A-Spec, gonna get into GT Mode and then move to Online mode once I finish GT Mode completely

I'll play it like I've played GT6 and GTS. I'll try to find the easiest and least time consuming methods to earn money. I'll be using the prize cars I earn to my advantage and try to save up enough money so I can buy all the cars that interest me.

I used to do grinding, but I'm an adult with a life and have no patience and time for that, so I'm hoping there will be a similar event to the blue moon bay event with the X-bow. One that takes 10-15 minutes and earns 300k+.

If the micro transactions reappear like they were in GTS where I can buy the expensive 2+ million credit cars from the PSN Store, I very well will take advantage of that.

Last edited:
My first race on the 3 dailys races on GTS I knew I found a place for the kind of racing I want to do on online . My hope is that GT7 will be as good.

Last edited:
If things go right, first on the PS4 knowing my luck with getting a PS5 and when one materializes out of thin air, then onto that platform.

Biggest things for me will be:

Career Mode: An actual career mode and not just one that exist purely to shut up people's whining, obviously I was gonna do that. Just hoping for actually challenging AI, though I won't hold my breath.

Livery Editor: GT Sport has pretty much gotten me addicted to this and I am loving it so expect that for GT7, especially now that window banners are a thing (Which means more series replicas and fictionals). Just hoping for a far less strict requirement when it comes to uploading decals

Tuning: Now that I've finally decided to git gud with setups, the return of this means I get to do something that I weirdly only enjoyed in GT5 and GT6: Recreating cars that aren't already in the game.

Last edited:
The few past Gran Turismo entries, we've seen special 15th Anniversary and special content via Pre-orders. These bring bonus Cr. and gift cars to help players get a head start. However GT7 starts, will you jump straight into Online or Offline content, to begin your GT7 journey?

Offline first.
Wil grab my G29, start getting licences, coffee breaks and some races with weather change.

I will begin my journey in the offline Career Mode and stay there for a long time mate :).
If it ain't broke, don't fix it; this has been my approach for the last almost twenty years of GT games, so I'll be staying with it.

Since GT4, my starting car has always been a Honda EK9 or CR-X Si-R, regardless of pre-order bonuses, so in keeping with tradition... 🙃

If/ when enough spare currency is lying around (although I did pre-order 25th anniversary edition), then the drift cars start getting bought, tuned and trialled 👌🏼

Last edited:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it; this has been my approach for the last almost twenty years of GT games, so I'll be staying with it.

Since GT4, my starting car has always been a Honda EK9 or CR-X Si-R, regardless of pre-order bonuses, so in keeping with tradition... 🙃

If/ when enough spare currency is lying around (although I did pre-order 25th anniversary edition), then the drift cars start getting bought, tuned and trialled 👌🏼
I think the Career Mode for GT7 will be the Best just ahead of GT4 Mode, and I have also pre-order the 25th anniversary edition.

I think the Career Mode for GT7 will be the Best just ahead of GT4 Mode, and I have also pre-order the 25th anniversary edition.
I want all the content that was packed into GT4, like the One Lap Magic races for example (please no Mission 34 tho). I'll be playing offline exclusively for many months until I get just about every car bought. Then I'll tune a few cars so I don't get destroyed when/if(?) I do go online.

Jerome

I want all the content that was packed into GT4, like the One Lap Magic races for example (please no Mission 34 tho). I'll be playing offline exclusively for many months until I get just about every car bought. Then I'll tune a few cars so I don't get destroyed when/if(?) I do go online.

Jerome

I think a lot of players would want all the content from GT4 in GT7, and mission 34 that is the only one I hated for some reason out of all the Missions Jerome, and I only got 4th and no better. I only played GT4 with a controller back then and now I am very good with a wheel, perhaps I buy a wheel if I can get one for PS2.

I am still going to spend a lot of time in the career mode tuning up cars in GT7, and Jerome I take it you are going to open a Garage for GT7 ? and I know I am going to open one.

Last edited:
I think a lot of players would want all the content from GT4 in GT7, and mission 34 that is the only one I hated for some reason out of all the Missions Jerome, and I only got 4th and no better. I only played GT4 with a controller back then and now I am very good with a wheel, perhaps I buy a wheel if I can get one for PS2.

I am still going to spend a lot of time in the career mode tuning up cars in GT7, and Jerome I take it you are going to open a Garage for GT7 ? and I know I am going to open one.
Eventually I think so, time dependent. I probably won't tune as many cars since my kids no longer take naps :lol:

Jerome

Like always, I'll start with licences and track experiences if they return, but I plan to try out online on my first login as well. I really enjoyed the sports mode and I still have fun logging in gts from time to time and jump into a clean open lobby (and yes contrary to popular belief they exist and arent that hard to find).

Back