How will you play Gran Turismo 7?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 204 comments
I'll fire up the game, test the AI. If it's not competitive, I'll have to stick to online but I cannot be bothered to plug my wheel and play like a maniac anymore. For me, it all depends on the single player and AI. A good GT game is a GT where you don't go near a Ford GT before at least two or three days of continuous grinding.
It also depends whether the game is called Gran Turismo or Catch the Automated Rabbits.

Last edited:
20211223_153130.jpgDon't know how I'll play, but on March 5th I will....

Try to take it as slow as possible... Carefully select a car that has future potential. Enjoy the first few races and than focus on licenses for the prize cars... After I am done through with single player, then I will give online a try!

Taking a break after GT5 and skipping completely PS4 was the right choice after all! But finally it looks like that we are getting a proper GT title!

With the potential news that we'll have over 600 aero parts and over a hundred wheel designs, I think I'm going to double-down on my plan to have at least two of each model: one to leave as-stock, and one to modify. Potentially, I might even have more than one modified version of the same model, especially if multiple sets of parts look good on the same car, and/or if there are multiple potential regulations wherein I'd like that model to be eligible.

With the potential news that we'll have over 600 aero parts and over a hundred wheel designs, I think I'm going to double-down on my plan to have at least two of each model: one to leave as-stock, and one to modify. Potentially, I might even have more than one modified version of the same model, especially if multiple sets of parts look good on the same car, and/or if there are multiple potential regulations wherein I'd like that model to be eligible.
I may be doing something simiar

Start an offline career, immediately do the licenses, sell a few cars I won't need, use the other cars to grind a little until I can afford a Viper SRT-10 and tune the heck out of it. Then I will grind some more until I can afford my beloved Toyota-7. :dopey:

Also, I haven't been keeping up with the latest news all that well but there was talk about being able to buy any car with 1-2 bucks or so real money? If that's the case then I'll immediately start with a Viper, heh.

Last edited:
People like the pickup trucks? People like the drifting mini-game? 😳
Well, we had two new performance-oriented trucks debut in Sport, with the Toyota Tundra TRD Pro and the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor. I'm personally hoping it'll get rounded out with the Dodge Ram Rebel and either the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 or the upcoming Silverado ZR2. Heck, even with just the Tundra and F-150 we have now, we could still see a return of the "Sport Truck Race" event that was in GT4.

Last edited:
The few past Gran Turismo entries, we've seen special 15th Anniversary and special content via Pre-orders. These bring bonus Cr. and gift cars to help players get a head start. However GT7 starts, will you jump straight into Online or Offline content, to begin your GT7 journey?
I will start with licence and career offline but at the same time I will play daily races and other online events. I love online mode especially when players drive clean.

I may wait a little while before buying (at least until the reviews are in and there is proper feedback on here to read).

Who am I kidding, I say that with every new GT game and then buy it straight away.. :lol::lol:

I'll probably start with the initial Licences and hopefully Circuit Experiences (as I thought the CE was a great addition last time out), then buy a used crap-mobile and work through the first level of career mode events, then move gradually up thr levels when completed.

I am hoping they include single car events and other non standard events to try in between levels.

Basically, what would probably be called the "traditional" GT method.

I've no intention of racing online - it's just not my thing to be honest. Ive tried online in a number of racing games. And only ever enjoyed time trials.

And I hope they dont "force" you to play online (or offline) for exclusive stuff that can't be acquired by other means. Let us have choices please 👍

I'll start with offline mode to get used to the controls.

I have a decent wheel and pedal setup, but if the PS5 haptic controller feedback is good, I might switch to that.

After that, I'll probably jump around between "story" mode, doing driving licenses, circuit experience challenges, and online racing.

I assume the 1 million Cr. is activated by PSN code? If so, I will play the career without it because I want to do the whole GT grind thing. And I'll use the 1 million Cr. towards buying some of the meta cars I don't have for online.

Prob Licence Tests (hoping they're ball-breakingly hard)>Circuit Experience>GT mode>Online.

God it's so close. All we need is the bastard to go gold so they can't delay it!

100% Single Player mode. Will start with licenses/tutorials, then will jump to Career mode, buying and tuning my favorite cars to drive in races. I also like to replicate Best Motoring scenarios, testing various cars/tuning setups on race tracks.

Gonna pre-order the game for the bonus credit and stuff, but I will hold off playing it until I get my new wheel. 1.6 million credit that comes with the digital deluxe edition doesn't seem a lot, so I'll probably 100% the license tests to get some cars and credit, the rest depends on what else the game actually offers.

I may wait a little while before buying (at least until the reviews are in and there is proper feedback on here to read).

Who am I kidding, I say that with every new GT game and then buy it straight away.. :lol::lol:
Funnily enough I'm planning to wait until reviews are in but I expect to spend the pre order credits on, hopefully, a Nissan R390 long tail road car. :):)

Looks like the few moments before that truck had major suspension failure.
Or rather roll-over when the tail gets too loose because of the extremely soft suspension.

Oh wait this is GT, the overly stiff overdamped real simulator.

No problemo then. Let's go we don't even need stiffening the rear roll-bar here!

Last edited:
I think with the new emphasis that car culture and tuning will have in the upcoming title, online drift lobbies/ car meets will be a whole different level of fun, compared to when I was hosting them on GT5/ GT6.

I'm looking forward to the wonderful (and sometimes questionable) range of tuning and vehicle tastes that will emerge once the new title arrives (and once I get a PS5 of course) 🤩

Back