How young where you.

• Thread starter @nndr3w
  • 81 comments
Phew, I was 5 years old when I was first introduced to the world of GT. My dad bought a PS2 with Gran Turismo 4 back in the day, and we played it together a couple of times. I remember the day when we first set everything up - five hours of testing out and discovering everything in the game. From then on, he got us GT3, and around that time, I had the PlayStation for me all alone. I spent coutless hours on those two games. Then the journey went on to GT Tokyo-Geneva 2002, GT2, and then GT5, GT6, GT Sport. It's definitely the series of games that defined my (and probably loads of others) childhood.

I was introduced to GT3 while playing at my friends house at around the age of 8 or so, then eventually bought GT4 when it came out when I got a ps2 for my birthday.. I'm 24 now.

I also started with GT1 where the Gran Turismo series is concerned... I was 32 at the time.

I still have it, along with my original PSX and memory cards too! I've kept all of them tbh, and revisit GT1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Prologue, 5 and 6 every once in awhile just to keep the nostalgia going.

Cheers

Last edited:
Started on the 1st GT, in 1998. I was 17 yo. Have played them all since them!

And my father also started to play GT at that time. He was 48 yo! And, have played until GT4. But, since my brother and I have left home, get married (not to each other, of course...) and stuff, he has stoped playing. But still enjoys it when he visits me!

I also started with GT1 where the Gran Turismo series is concerned... I was 32 at the time.

I still have it, along with the original PSX and memory cards too! I've kept all of them tbh, and revisit GT1, 2, 3, 4 5 Prologue, 5 and 6 every once in awhile just to keep the nostalgia going.

Cheers
That's awesome! I do not have the games or the consoles anymore other than the PS3 stuff. I do have the memory cards with my game saves for each of the GT releases for just incase.

I was 2 years old when GT1 came out in Europe (born in late 1995), but I was about 4 or 5 years old when I tried GT for the first time. Viper GTS, blue with white stripes on Grand Valley Speedway :cheers:

That's awesome! I do not have the games or the consoles anymore other than the PS3 stuff. I do have the memory cards with my game saves for each of the GT releases for just incase.
Never know, If the Russians cut through our communication network :)

Played GT1 when it first dropped and I was 14. Was a good game but I have matured in my desire for realistic physics and have ventured to other more advanced titles. Still have to give the game some credit as it started my love for racing.

I was in kindergarten when me and my brother would watch our older brother play GT4 on his PS2(this was in the mid to late 2000's). Then come 2012, we got a PS3 along with GT5 and Call of duty Black Ops. I didn't play much of GT5 then but 2 years later I began seriously playing the game. So I guess I began actually playing GT when I was around 12 or 13, which is a bit sad considering I knew the series long before then.

I also find interesting how so many people began in 1998.

Looking at the pictures I think you might be missing one of these... R :mischievous:

As to the question, although there'd been many years of PC racing before that, I didn't get started GTing until No.5, so late 40s. A bit older than your daughter @nnddr3w :)
Now as to where I was?

I was 24 years old when I started in '98. Haven't driven ANY other driving sims since! Talk about loyalty :lol:

I was 24 in 1998, I've played all the main games since and even the PSP one! Either I'm getting better or the games are getting easier or it's a bit of both...

Looking at the pictures I think you might be missing one of these... R :mischievous:

As to the question, although there'd been many years of PC racing before that, I didn't get started GTing until No.5, so late 40s. A bit older than your daughter @nnddr3w :)
Now as to where I was?
Well Spotted. Hope the dog hasn't eaten it :)

My PSX is the original one that I bought in late '97/early '98 and still have 6 or 7 memory cards worth of game saves for GT 1+2 and other games, my PS2 is a "newer" slim version with 4 cards, a "fat boy" 80gb and a 500gb PS3 slim and now my PS4 Pro.

Every time I think of getting rid of the older models, the years of gaming to get those saves to where they are at slap me and ask "WHAT are you thinking?!?" :lol: ;)

Cheers

Last edited:
I think I was 4 when we got a Play Station 1. It was either 2000 or 2001. Gran Turismo 2 was first one I played, but as I was so young I played mostly Arcade, then a few years later I started GT Mode, and since completed it 100% in span of a year or two, as it was at my grandmas house.
I still have both the original save, and the PS1 I used to play with in great condition. I still play on that whenever I can, and I took some photos last week when I started it up on our old TV that barely works.

20171224_134142.jpg

Gaming setup

20171224_150852.jpg

100.91% is cause I passed both Vauxhall and Opel Manufacturer races :P

14 in 1999 when my younger brother traded his N64 to his friend for his PS1.

GT1 was one of the games that came with it. Played it a few times, and didn't like it right away. The handling was hard to grasp as an avid "arcade" racing game player. Once I sorted it out, I was hooked. Owned all the GT's released here in Canada since, and completed them all, except GT6, as my 1st gen PS3 died before i was able to finish it :(

Back