How's everybody doing so far? SLS AMG event

• Thread starter R063R
  • 514 comments
Northern Ireland
N. Ireland
R063R_GL4560W
I'm currently sitting on a 1:17.3s lap time - how are the rest of you doing?

1:17.097

There is still much to improve, especially the last sector.

But damn, so annoying to restart the race all the time:(

1:19 something.

Restarting ad-infinitum has made me very angry so I quit and turned to the wine instead.

DAMMIT! I thought I was a good driver...
Can't even get Gold.

So you are number one here in Sweden, damn, I must beat you. Prepare to fight!:lol:

Hopefully I'm still number two, good enough.
I guess! I won't have time to play any more until the weekend, so you have plenty of time to beat my time! :)

Edit: important thing is, I beat Coulthard by 0.06 seconds!

1m18.104 with ds3 . I know where i need to make it up but can't seem to get a clean lap. Doesn't help that i have to keep restarting because the red time won't reset even though I've not cut any corners

to the guys running 1:17s or faster, what's your wheel setup? or if using a ds3 what are your settings? 'just wondering...

Got the gold, but only just with a 1:17.8.. lots of places to improve... but then again, I have no delusions of grandeur - I won't be troubling the leaderboard! :)

My record is 1:17.989, (in Cockpit view) which Im quite pleased. I got the gold trophy.

When I looked those laps who did it in 1:15 - 1:16.
They are "cheating", they are cutting the chicago very badly, and they gain about 1.5 sec on that.

This is one thing that I don't like Top Gear test track very much on GT5, because its full of "glitches". i.e, you can drive straight from follow through to the finish line and make a J-turn and cross it and its still counts as a lap.

Could someone tell me what the cut off for the top 10 is now? I set a 15.9 early today but I'm not near my ps3 for the rest for the rest of the week. I'm expecting some of the aliens to get to 15.0

Just watched the current leaders replay - and he cut the corner by the tyres and into Hammerhead. :censored:ing marvellous!

:banghead:

Dr. P
That what I said too,

I wonder did DC cut on that corner...

Not on the 1.16 lap he didn't, the other laps yeah but he'd screwed tyres by then so didn't matter.

PD really need a report button next to times to weed the cheaters out, otherwise these leader boards are a waste of time. I can see why PD haven't put them in yet - quite frankly we don't deserve them if this is the 🤬 we are going to pull constantly.

15.8XX Sofar. But already 2 major cornercutters so pointless running more...
Oh and active steering allowed.

1:16.394, was 15th when I set it but haven't attempted it since. I'm struggling with traction out of Hammerhead and then I take the next corner too slow because I just understeer off. I'm amazed at how the top guys make it look so easy to drive.

Depending on how good you are at Gambon, try this little "cheat" for the first lap:

Go round Gambon slowly, then reverse up to the cones at the end of the start-finish straight. Don't touch them! Then just peel out from there. I was able to start the lap much faster than if I had done Gambon properly, but then I'm not the best driver on here, so it might not help you.

I got a 1:17.3xx using a DS3 with TCS5, ABS1.

Does anybody else have huge orientation problems on the Top Gear track? I played that track only 2-3 times before this event. Now I played ~30-50 mins and I still got a problem to find brakepoints and the driving line because everything is so empty... Especially the 3-4 last corners...

I did an 1:18. something...

Ok first corner and the exit of that one through the cones is impossible. I notice DHolland had steering correction force on full and has the fastest time ATM, so something to try out.

1:17.1
Plenty of room for improvement.
Also, I'm shocked at the cutters - and even more shocked that one of the cutters is an extremly fast guy. :/
Sometimes a spot on the board is more important than beeing a clean racer.

Could anyone tell me where to find this event? I checked the seasonals and I checked in the specials and there is no new events anywhere on my system.

Did it with my G27 in the begining, but could only attain a silver in the 1:19.40'ies. Even spun out an awful lot, so it took some time to get it as well.

Then i switched to my DS and got a time of 1:17.55 on my second lap within minutes. The comfort tires are much more controllable with the DS in my opinion, oversteer is way easier to handle. At least for me at this point.
Should be able to get it under 1:17 with more trying, since my run was far from flawless. Might give it another go.

alex l
Is the Event Europe only?

Yes. The Stigs American cousin got that infuriated by the concept of right hand corners Mercedes Benz UK(!), which hosted the event, had to pull the seasonal from all regions other than PAL territory. Reports from Asia said troubled fans hurled rocks at the PD office because the seasonal featured not only no MX-5s but also was not held at Tsukuba.

Back