Human Comedy Deep Forest help

• Thread starter Flips
  • 29 comments
Canada
Canada
Looking for some help/advice/tune/car suggestions.

Using a regular ps5 controller

So far I’ve tried Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport 16 Gr4
lancer evolution final gr4
Mustang gr4

Done hard tires, 1 stop 36 laps and always end up a lap behind, best finish 9th so far

Also any explanation on track limits there, I rack up 30-45 seconds a race, yes I might hit a wall once or twice running wide, but I’ve already lost huge, does that also cause a track limit penalty? Also occasionally I get a track limits penalty and the only thing I can think of is in slowing down a single wheel clipped the grass on the edge of a corner, is every blade of grass also a track limit?

Best lap times are around 1:42 or so until I tried the Porsche which I had 1:39’s with until a car drove through me, spinning me costing me at least 20 seconds plus a track limit penalty to boot!

This one is driving me nuts because it’s the only one I don’t have gold in Human Comedy, any/all help appreciated

Using a regular ps5 controller

So far I’ve tried Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport 16 Gr4
lancer evolution final gr4
Mustang gr4

Done hard tires, 1 stop 36 laps and always end up a lap behind, best finish 9th so far

Also any explanation on track limits there, I rack up 30-45 seconds a race, yes I might hit a wall once or twice running wide, but I’ve already lost huge, does that also cause a track limit penalty? Also occasionally I get a track limits penalty and the only thing I can think of is in slowing down a single wheel clipped the grass on the edge of a corner, is every blade of grass also a track limit?

Best lap times are around 1:42 or so until I tried the Porsche which I had 1:39’s with until a car drove through me, spinning me costing me at least 20 seconds plus a track limit penalty to boot!

This one is driving me nuts because it’s the only one I don’t have gold in Human Comedy, any/all help appreciated
Tried the Supra, last lap Inodtroza sends me into a spin on the starting straight and straight into the wall turn 1 final lap, I was cursing up a storm… ughhh another Maggiore type grind I see… the rest of the human comedy seemed quite fair just time consuming to do the 1 race

Attachments

• 928C86B3-E3B9-4E10-BFE0-4C1B8FB3CC44.jpeg
    928C86B3-E3B9-4E10-BFE0-4C1B8FB3CC44.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 228

Most Track limit penalties I saw were for cutting too far left after the right hairping through the tunnel, driving over the green painted tarmac. Sometimes the final hairpin caused track limit penalties for going way off track.

Got 2nd with the Cayman (road version) but was really desperately fuel saving on the last lap - was actually first at the start of the last lap, but the Taycan got past me on the back straight!

Didn’t realise track limits were so strict! I went off quite a bit and cut a few corners and only got 1 or 2 0.5s penalties (I guess I was just lucky! :D)

What difficulty are you using? The difficulty settings are pretty scuffed in Mission Challenge races, Medium is easier than Easy and Easy is harder than Hard

I didn’t think difficulty affected missions
It isnt supposed to, especially not in the way it does.
Though missions (as well as menu books) also suffer from randomly faster AI.
Not as much as you wont possibly beat it, but a lap of mine that is slower than yours still might end up for my gold and your silver rating - just for example.

I used the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT, which is generally OP in the 600-700 range. However, it really needs manual gears, are you able to use manual gears?

Just had a quick go, did 1:35.9 for my 4th lap, but the reason it's so good is it can do the entire race on one tank of fuel, so you can probably just do one stop for fresh RH tyres.

Last edited:
With the Silvia on Hard, got 3rd, lapping 1:36-1:37, best lap 1:36.4, 37 laps, one stop, but Inostroza was so much faster, no real chance.
Without a couple of penalties could went 2nd, but no better than that

Last edited:
I just recorded a run through this race with the DP-100. It's a pretty easy win, I was 84 seconds ahead of 2nd place at the end. I need to correct what I said in an earlier post, though, as it needed 2 stops for tyres, not 1. My fastest lap was 1:32.9. It doesn't need any fuel adding at either stop, so it just gets faster as the race goes on. It will take a while as it's such a large video file, but I'll upload it to YouTube so you can see it.

Here you go. I don't know how it compares to other options as I haven't tried any other cars.

Last edited:
I used the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT, which is generally OP in the 600-700 range. However, it really needs manual gears, are you able to use manual gears?

Just had a quick go, did 1:35.9 for my 4th lap, but the reason it's so good is it can do the entire race on one tank of fuel, so you can probably just do one stop for fresh RH tyres.

I just recorded a run through this race with the DP-100. It's a pretty easy win, I was 84 seconds ahead of 2nd place at the end. I need to correct what I said in an earlier post, though, as it needed 2 stops for tyres, not 1. My fastest lap was 1:32.9. It doesn't need any fuel adding at either stop, so it just gets faster as the race goes on. It will take a while as it's such a large video file, but I'll upload it to YouTube so you can see it.

Here you go. I don't know how it compares to other options as I haven't tried any other cars.

I'm a bit slower, my fastest lap was on low 1:34s region (my DP-100 is stock, except the turbo), the fronts go away after 18-19 laps, even with the braking maxed in the back. Suprisingly even with the right front full red, still turns perfectly fine, done 38 laps, 18+20 laps and was still lapping in low 1:36 on the 20th lap of the second stint.
This car simply feels like cheating

This car simply feels like cheating
Just going to show how bad PP actually is from a balancing point of view.
But it is okay for giving a fallback option to anyone who doesnt finish with a different care for any possible reason, no one is forced to use the "cheating" options in solo play.

Just going to show how bad PP actually is from a balancing point of view.
But it is okay for giving a fallback option to anyone who doesnt finish with a different care for any possible reason, no one is forced to use the "cheating" options in solo play.
Not criticizing, just stating that feels that way. More than the PP issue, is that this car can do the whole hour without needing to refuel and it's tires are still driveable even after a full red meter.

This is the only Human Comedy mission that took me two tries. First attempt was in the Gr.4 Supra and I lost doing a two stopper. I tried again the Gr.4 86 and was about .5 - 1.5 faster per lap compared to the Supra. I did a two stopper again and won, however just nearly. The Tesla was closing in on me fast during the final laps. If I remember correctly I won by less than 8 seconds.

Two words: Lancia Stratos. Use Meythia's tune for it. Ran mid 34's to low 35's the whole race. Fastest lap was 1:34.000. 38 laps. Lapped the whole field.

This is the only Human Comedy mission that took me two tries. First attempt was in the Gr.4 Supra and I lost doing a two stopper. I tried again the Gr.4 86 and was about .5 - 1.5 faster per lap compared to the Supra. I did a two stopper again and won, however just nearly. The Tesla was closing in on me fast during the final laps. If I remember correctly I won by less than 8 seconds.
Surprisingly for me, I completed it with the Supra eventually and then realized I had my difficulty accidentally back on Easy from farming credits instead of Hard 😩

What difficulty are you using? The difficulty settings are pretty scuffed in Mission Challenge races, Medium is easier than Easy and Easy is harder than Hard
Dummy me had left it on east from farming Le Mans and Sardenia, finally completed it with the Supra then realized shortly afterwards I had it on the east instead of hard difficulty 😣

Thanks for all the suggestions, eventually got it with the Supra with lots of blocking on the last lap because dummy me forgot the game was still on easy from farming credits

I thought this were fun races to do, maby i'll re-run a few of them!,
Does anhyone know what the payout is for re-run?, do you even get anything?

I thought this were fun races to do, maby i'll re-run a few of them!,
Does anhyone know what the payout is for re-run?, do you even get anything?
You wont gain any credit for redoing missions unless you can improve your medal standing. Then you would recieve the difference of the new payout.

Finally manage to win. Difficult set to hard. Used Honda RA272’65 Hard tyres. Changed tyre after lap 19. laped averages time about 1.37,5. won with 10 sec

Finally manage to win. Difficult set to hard. Used Honda RA272’65 Hard tyres. Changed tyre after lap 19. laped averages time about 1.37,5. won with 10 sec
This. After trying it twice with the Radical and losing by seconds both times with average laps in the 36’s (Don’t get me started that it takes 30-45 seconds just to 1 stop refuel the Radical while the Taycan’s full stop with recharge is 30?!?! Fire the idiot who programmed that)
With the RA272 on Hards it’s not only enjoyable, it’s fast and built for this (Read: no stops). Too easy really. Looks and sounds beautiful. But watch the track limits as this thing is NARROW.
The last 10 minutes of the race was actually a fun battle with the Taycan over whether I finished a lap ahead of it or not. Only losing said battle when it pushed me off track and I got a 2 second track limits penalty…………… 🙄

That said, if you look at the leaderboard, the Redbull X2014 is clearly the cheater car to use.

Last edited:
So I was not to sure but thought I'd have a go at a suggestion from a Facebook book post reply. They said turn the game difficulty to Hard so I did. I had stopped attempting both Deep Forest and Maggiore Lake after spending hours on them and a fortune on cars people had suggested on different forums.

Here is what worked for me and I won by 13 seconds and with relative ease. I'm no pro i just used a ps5 controller and I averaged 1.36 a lap. Fuel map on 1.
Audi Quattro rally car set up to 620 pp. I can post up the set up if anyone wants it. Traction control on 2. First stint I had the 4 wheel drive system set 10 to the front 90 to the rear to try to save the front tyres. I used racing Hard tyres and did 1 stop with 19 or 20 minutes left to go, my front right tyre was almost completely gone.

Stint 2.
New set of racing Hard tyres on. Fuel map 1. One lap i did change to fuel map 6 but this was a mis calculation as I finished with 2 laps of fuel remaining so could have run on fuel map 1 the entire time.
With the 18 or 19 minutes remaining a calculated to put 13 laps of fuel in, as I said I had 2 laps of fuel left when I finished.

I really hope this helps anyone still stuck on this. Tomorrow I'm going to try my real frustration, Maggiore Lake. I hope my luck works on that as a win will give me gold for all missions in Human Comedy.

Sorry for the long post

I know this is kind of an older thread, but I'm pretty new to the game. I tried this race with the SLS AMG Grp 4, but it was really hard on tires and fuel and had to do 2 pit stops. The SLS was running 1:37.xx pretty easily on FM3, and I could get down in the 1:35s with FM1, but at the expense of a lot of tire wear and fuel use. Finished 7th due to running the last two laps on FM6 to limp home. I figured a lightweight car would be more suitable.

I tried the Bulgari (which requires maximum ballast and minimum power to fit within the PP limit) and was immediately impressed with its balance and economy. It will easily run the whole race in FM1 without needing extra fuel (still had around 1/4 fuel left) and the tires lasted around 40 mins, which meant I was able to pit late (and quickly, as I didn't need fuel) and finish on relatively fresh tires. I ran very consistent 1:36.xx with a few 1:35s in there. It's not quite as arrow-stable as the SLS, but its pretty easy to drive fast. I was able to pass every car except the Taycan before the first round of pits, and then after that car pit, I was in the lead for the rest of the race. Ended up winning by around 30 seconds over the Supra, but it honestly didn't feel that close...I think that car had some late race pace that closed up on me a bit.

These endurance races are genuinely good fun. I wish there was a whole championship of 60 min Group 4 races. Spa, Nurburgring, Suzuka, Road Atlanta, Trial Mountain. My only Gripe is the Taycan is a weird outlier in that it's not competitive. Its either way out front or in the pits, there is no battling with it really. The rest of the field feels pretty balanced, other than that poor, poor Suzuki Swift.

I'm surprised at the BVLGARI car, it's fairly decent! The one thing is you can't set the gear ratios at all, but they found a sweet spot.
The Honda RA-272 might be able to win this race if it can enter. I won it with an engine swapped Suzuki Cappuccino but stable isn't a term I'd describe that car with.

My only Gripe is the Taycan is a weird outlier in that it's not competitive.
That really depends on the car you use.
But then actually at some point no AI is competitive (if you are really going at it), or you find a car that suits its pace perfectly so you can enjoy some back and forth.
Sidenote: The Taycan doesnt pit for its battery but actually for its tyres, I was using a Taycan with a harder compound and wondered how the AI does manage tyrewear this good.

Back