Human Rights

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 2,057 comments
United States
Here to Eternity
TexRex72
However, I do wonder, would it perhaps be smart that if you were looking for a one night stand or a casual fling, might it be a good idea to have a contract or waver? Something saying that all parties consent, are of age and will not hold the other responsible for anything conceived?
Holy hole in a donut, that's hot.

Rallywagon

what a long strange trip
Premium
United States
Michigan
Rallywgn81
Specifically what consequences.
Those consequences you aren't calling consequences. Getting a woman pregnant. Since you pointed out law stuff, by law if you get a woman pregnant, she keeps it, you're on the hook. You know, those consequences.

Danoff

Who is John Galt?
Premium
United States
Mile High City
Those consequences you aren't calling consequences. Getting a woman pregnant. Since you pointed out law stuff, by law if you get a woman pregnant, she keeps it, you're on the hook. You know, those consequences.

That's a consequence of her choice not his. His choice leaves open abortion as an alternative. She chooses to avoid it, and he's responsible for that decision?

Rallywagon

what a long strange trip
Premium
United States
Michigan
Rallywgn81
That's a consequence of her choice not his. His choice leaves open abortion as an alternative. She chooses to avoid it, and he's responsible for that decision?
Legally, yes. That's why I posed the question about the oh so sexy waver.

Novalee

(Banned)
Canada
Earth
Three cheers for these fine folks standing up for human rights and against forced evictions and forced relocation.

everyone of them is a hero and leader in my books .

Looks like its working , power to the people .

That gave me chills and hope . Bravo well done bravo.

This shows the actual size of the crowd that showed up to protect their neighbours from being sent out of the country .

Follow up One the guys gave a interview .

Last edited:

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
Just for those not in the know, the police have nothing to do with the immigration officers looking to evict and deport the two people at the centre of this. Officially, the police were asked by the Home Office, the governmental body responsible for immigration and deportation, to assist in keeping the peace due to large numbers of people who gathered there.

The "Immigration Enforcement" workers are not police officers.

Last edited:

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
Update:

The two men who were to be deported were released after an eight-hour civil disobedience protest. "Immigration Enforcement" had no say in the matter when, due to the number of people involved, it became a police matter, a matter of public order, and police took over operational control of the situation.

Last edited:
TenEightyOne
TenEightyOne
"Immigration Enforcement" had no say in the matter when, due to the number of people involved, it became a police matter

It's more (or less) nuanced than that, this was the Westminster (England) Home Office whose actions were "unwelcome" (Sturgeon's words) in Scotland. Police Scotland became initially involved when a protestor (for that read 'ordinary decent person') crawled under the Home Office van, grabbed on, and refused to leave. As the situation escalated Sturgeon attempted to speak to Westminster but was only able to get as far as "Junior Minister". Amongst other things she wanted, we're told, explanations as to why this enforcement was happening during Eid.

It's an event that started small and quickly grew into a whole symbolic New Scotland .vs. Old Westminster thing. At first reading the Scots come out of this tremendously well, and so they should (imo).

Touring Mars

ツーリング マルス
Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland
GTP_Mars
Yes, the fact that this happened in the First Minister's constituency during Eid al-Fitr were not one but two major factors in play here.

I think the first point is probably coincidental (at least I'd hope it was), but the latter seems deliberate and very cynical.

Either way, they were sent packing.

Novalee

(Banned)
Canada
Earth

But Hamas is the most pathetic excuse for these human rights abuses that have been going on since 1948 by the Zionist settlers .

Here is Paris France , Pro Palestine marchers getting tear gassed for being Pro Palestine ?

But as a counter to Frances failure here is Liverpool is a show of united support .

The paywall on this excellent film showing what went on during the 2014 invasion / punishment by Zionist Israel on Gaza .

Vancouver Canada showing up for human rights

Last edited:
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Figure this is the right place for this shameful story

The footballing world has plenty to say about racial injustice.... except when actual hard decisions need to be made. It's going to be laughably insulting if countries take the knee before matches.

Last edited:
TenEightyOne
TenEightyOne
Figure this is the right place for this shameful story

I've worked on large projects that have taken place in Arab states using workers from nearby states and, most usually, across Asia. These workers are appropriated in huge numbers, barely fed/watered/cooled and it's impossible to get accurate accident/fatality figures from the sites' "handlers". Lots of people know it happens but nobody can prove it without getting in on the ground and that's impossible through the wealth and connections of the parent companies and their owners.

I don't know how much of that is about race and how much is about simple inhumane economics. I think the colour of the workers doesn't matter as long as they continue to arrive in sufficient numbers for feeding anonymously into the machine.

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I've worked on large projects that have taken place in Arab states using workers from nearby states and, most usually, across Asia. These workers are appropriated in huge numbers, barely fed/watered/cooled and it's impossible to get accurate accident/fatality figures from the sites' "handlers". Lots of people know it happens but nobody can prove it without getting in on the ground and that's impossible through the wealth and connections of the parent companies and their owners.

I don't know how much of that is about race and how much is about simple inhumane economics. I think the colour of the workers doesn't matter as long as they continue to arrive in sufficient numbers for feeding anonymously into the machine.
I guess it's debatable the extent race is a factor.

But look at what we are seeing here:

- People living centuries ago being castigated for their involvement (however tenuously) in the slave trade.
- Look the other way and play in stadiums built on the back of modern day slave labour.