Hybrid Concept car update HELP NEEDED!

• Thread starter Boz Mon
  • 12 comments
Well I busted out the GT2 again today to go after my never ending quest to do Red Rock Valley in under a minute in my 900hp Concept car (not the LM). So far everything is going pretty smootly I went from 1:05:xxx and now I'm down to 1:02:xx. I think part of my problem is the car hopps when I go around the corners. Mainly the back end. Is there a way to fix this? The car is 4wd and thats about all I remember about it. Everything is fully customizable as far as suspension and tranny etc. Any help is greatly appriciated 👍

Update: I am down to a 1:01.559 I actually just beat my old record about 5 minutes ago by.045sec. Any advice? Ironically, I have manily been messing with gears. The damper adjustments didnt do anything, as well as the toe :grumpy: I dont know what to do? Once again any help is greatly appriciated :scared:

Heres what I can remember about the car and the setting:

it has an I-6 (probably from a Supra or Skyline)
it weighs 1900lbs
958hp and 817ft/lb of torque
4wd I'm pretty sure that it is from the FTO LM

and settings:
front/rear
spring rate 13.5/13.5
ride height 85/85
damper bound 5/5
damper rebound 6/6
camber 1.9/1.5
toe -.10/.10
stablizer 1/5

brakes 13/22

gears are perfect

downforce .38/.60

LSD int 9
Accel 36
Decel 16

Thats all I got.

Use lower damper or
use half spring rate or
use 1/1 stabilizer

I prefer lowering damper, as it affect acceleration less

Your spring rates and dampers are too high for such a light car. Also, it may be too low to the ground. Raise it 10 mm and try raising the front even more to make weight transfer to the rear. This is optional (the ground clearance trick) i don't know if it'll actually work. But for sure, those springs and dampers have to be weakened...i'd go down about half way on all of them and see where you're at.

Finally, get rid of all that toe. Toe has been proven to slow you down massively in some of our setting threads. It may seem as though your car will be harder to control, but after a few laps, you'll notice your lap times should be falling, especially if your steering and braking is well-rehearsed (which i assume it is).

My all-time record at Red Rock was 1:03ish in a Ford GT40 MKIII (the one you buy in other words). It had approximately 250 to 300 hp less than your Concept Car. I cranked this out DURING a race, too...so you should be able to make out even better than me since you're doing time trials.

Parnelli Bone
Finally, get rid of all that toe. Toe has been proven to slow you down massively in some of our setting threads. It may seem as though your car will be harder to control, but after a few laps, you'll notice your lap times should be falling, especially if your steering and braking is well-rehearsed (which i assume it is).

I have the toe to help add some oversteer. The car tends to push a lot on large corners. I'll try it though. My goal will be met. Thanks for the info guys 👍

Boz Mon
I have the toe to help add some oversteer. The car tends to push a lot on large corners. I'll try it though. My goal will be met. Thanks for the info guys 👍
Using toe will reduce cornering and straight grip, so, use other setting if its still possible.
When tuning, I don't mind few hop if it can make the car faster (like my recent mini & starlet in apricot hill, it really hop :) )

I tried all combinations of lowering springs, dampers, etc and I was struggling to pop off a lap better than 1:04:crazy: I dont know whats going on here? Back to square 1:dunce:

Boz Mon
I tried all combinations of lowering springs, dampers, etc and I was struggling to pop off a lap better than 1:04:crazy: I dont know whats going on here? Back to square 1:dunce:

Hey man, i feel ya. You'll figure it out.

Try using wedging (ride height min/max) and use lowest final drive.
For handling use highest damper. For speed use highest spring rate.

Alright guys I just figured out that maybe my gearing was too low. I withdraw my perfect gearing comment from earlier. My record is down to 1:01:559. Hopfully under a minute will be soon :) 👍

Boz Mon
Alright guys I just figured out that maybe my gearing was too low. I withdraw my perfect gearing comment from earlier. My record is down to 1:01:559. Hopfully under a minute will be soon :) 👍

Very cool! OH by the way...my all-time record during a REd Rock sim race was NOT in a GT40...it was in a Jaguar XJ220. My bad.

Back