I did the Nurburgring 24 hour race.

Here's my latest car. :) Dont worry, I did do the Nurburgring 24hour race, but I did it while I was at school too. So when I got home, it was only 1 hour before the race ended. And just for you non-believers, I wrote savagedrifter, lol...

Picture52.jpg

Who wants me to make a vid of it, and what track?

Anyways, here is some detailed specs of this race. I did it in B-spec mode, so it wont be as much detailed as in A-spec mode. So, the car I used was the Jaguar XJ220 equipped with the stage 3 turbo and all the stuff needed to get to maximum HP. Competition was pretty tough at the beginning of the race because you need to know the right combo for beating the competition. So, I let the game run on Thursday night and went to sleep. The following day, I woke up to get ready for school, went to check how I was doing. Come to find out, I was in 3rd place with the people in front of me lapping me and had it on Fast pace, so I thought to myself I must be sliding somewhere. So I set it on Steady pace and went to school. Came back home, checked on it, and I was in 2nd place with the guy still lapped on me and with 6 hours to go. I studied the game a while and I came up with the strategy of doing a pit stop, doing the 1st lap after the pit stop on Steady pace and the 2nd lap on Cruise pace because of the tires. I start gaining up on him and finally passed him with 2 hours left to spare. Kept doing that strategy and by the end of the race I finished with 203 laps of the nurburgring and 1 lap ahead of 2nd place. It wasn't worth it for waiting, but if it was shorter, then it's deffinately worth it. Now I can pretty much beat the whole game.

Div is back
Why didn't you accelerate the time by 3..?

..............*drumroll*

LMAO. sucks if you had it on 1x the entire time.

Well, I had no way of adjusting that. The car would do automatic pitstops and when it would leave the pits, it would go to spectator view and go back to x1. So, when I go back home, I monitored it and kept on putting it on x3.

savagedrifter
Well, I had no way of adjusting that. The car would do automatic pitstops and when it would leave the pits, it would go to spectator view and go back to x1. So, when I go back home, I monitored it and kept on putting it on x3.

that's what i figured....but you never know anymore. a big congrats on the win though. i'll do the 24hr soon.

Just out of interest, did the car just do the pitstops 'automatically all by itself', or did you have to set something to make it do them 'automatically', if you know what I mean?...

Mookster
Just out of interest, did the car just do the pitstops 'automatically all by itself', or did you have to set something to make it do them 'automatically', if you know what I mean?...

The car will do pitstops automatically. If you just let it sit for about 5 extra seconds, it will automatically use whatever your current settings are.

yeah, i got an orange one.... now to go enter it into that formula gt world.... damn 15 mini-endurance race series!!!... gonna take forever!

donm
The car will do pitstops automatically. If you just let it sit for about 5 extra seconds, it will automatically use whatever your current settings are.

but the game automatically goes back into bumper cam, which is only at 1x, yes?
also leaving the pit stop light on makes you stop every lap.. who wants that?

is there any way to make the car take pit stops only when it needs to? that would be nice.

when your tire wear gets down to red-reddish/orange ... the pit light will come on automatically... and when your car gets back out of the pit the light stays on for a little bit and then turns itself off..... likewise when your fuel gets down to 1-2 bars (depending on the length of the track the pitlight will come on automatically and turn off afterwards....

I just started this a little but ago. I did the 4 hour version earlier and it went by pretty fast. I'm currently at about 1 hour and 20 minutes...yeesh this is slow lol

EDIT: btw...I'm using the Toyota Minolta at full tune (1223 HP). It's absolutely killing the competition :)

AE86OHYEAH
but the game automatically goes back into bumper cam, which is only at 1x, yes?
also leaving the pit stop light on makes you stop every lap.. who wants that?

is there any way to make the car take pit stops only when it needs to? that would be nice.

No, you won't stop every lap. It will do a full pit-stop if you don't hit X. to leave the pit early. The car will only stop when it is out of fuel or the tires are worn out.

Yeah, accelerating the time to x3 would be quicker. You don't have to waste time on sitting in your chair and wait or going clubbing and such. Maybe you could rest your eyes for a bit. I'm doing it right now and by the way, I overlapped them already by using the Chapparal 2J Race car, the quickest car of the 70's. When I first drove it in the game, it was quick as hell. 3 freakin' gears in one car going 210 miles per hour. Wow. I feel I wanna drive that right now... :D

Latest Posts

Back