I dont know which wheel should i get for GT sport?

• Thread starter Klik
  • 45 comments
Denmark
Denmark
So i had t300 and it was great until it broke down. Then i tried g29 and new g923 for a few days. They were terrible, weak, noisy honestly just bad. I really don't know what to do, 99% time i play GT sport. T300 is 7years old tech and im scared it will brake again. T-GT is unavailable everywhere. Also, tgt and csl elite are almost 4 years old, im sure something else will come this year.

Maybe i should get used cheap g29 and sell it later? If i get csl now or find tgt i would probably be pissed if they release(and they will) new wheel this year.

Last edited:
I must admit I’m in this position myself having considering to buy a CSL Elite sometime this year once I’ve paid our holiday off. Having seen that CSL Elite has been pulled from the Fanatec website, an sales on eBay have gone astronomically high, I mean people bidding at £750 for a wheel an pedal set when they were £499 before Christmas from fanatec!

Like you say, the CSL Elite is coming up to 4 years old, an with fanatec themselves pulling the wheel off of their website, I’m assuming something is coming out this year that will replace it.

Last edited:
So i had t300 and it was great until it broke down. Then i tried g29 and new g923 for a few days. They were terrible, weak, noisy honestly just bad. I really don't know what to do, 99% time i play GT sport. T300 is 7years old tech and im scared it will brake again. T-GT is unavailable everywhere. Also, tgt and csl elite are almost 4 years old, im sure something else will come this year.

Maybe i should get used cheap g29 and sell it later? If i get csl now or find tgt i would probably be pissed if they release(and they will) new will this year.
I have the same problem now, have actually a G29, but either T-GT or CSL Elite not available, which would be my choice. So I don’t know, waiting for new wheel series, as I read, thrushmaster will bring anything new, and fanatec in the second half, too, but it could be that they postpone it after news of the many racing game delays to 2022.. Or buying anything used.. However, now I will play through COVID lockdown...

Last edited:
I must admit I’m in this position myself having considering to buy a CSL Elite sometime this year once I’ve paid our holiday off. Having seen that CSL Elite has been pulled from the Fanatec website, an sales on eBay have gone astronomically high, I mean people bidding at £750 for a wheel an pedal set when they were £499 before Christmas from fanatec!

Like you say, the CSL Elite is coming up to 4 years old, an with fanatec themselves pulling the wheel off of their website, I’m assuming something is coming out this year that will replace it.
I don't think the pulled the wheel as if its not gonna be on sale anymore. It just says available soon, i guess they sold everything

I have the same problem now, have actually a G25 and using CronusMax Plus adapter , but either T-GT or CSL Elite not available, which would be my choice. So I don’t know, waiting for new wheel series, I contacted Thrushmaster about the Stock issue in north America and this is what they said

We thank you for your choice of Thrustmaster products and for reaching us regarding your issue.

The commercialization of our products in Canada is one exclusively through our network of retailers. For a list of them select your country in the first drop-down box and leave all the others unchecked.

We cannot assist you with a direct purchase.

Our North American stock has just been replenished which means that in the following week, probably by the middle of March, the product should be available for acquisition with most of our Canadian partners.

We rest at your disposal for any other inquiries.

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).

Without a response from you, your request will be automatically closed after 30 days and considered resolved.

Kind regards,
Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Octavian
http://support.thrustmaster.com

But then again the CSL Elite is a really good wheel too, I mostly play GT Sport and just stated playing Assetto Corsa Competizione ( on pc and ps4) and my G25 is days are number.....

I copped the black friday CSL...best decision of my life. I can see why people invest in these rigs and curved monitors.

I was tripping i thought when I couldnt find it on their site thanks for confirming its not me...lol

I think they have the still have the club sport which is pretty dope

I didn’t have the choices that you have today for simulator driving . There is a plenty of wheel setups that are good . I personally think you have to look at the pedal set up as the reasons for your pick of wheel. The load cell brake investment will help you be a better driver. I drive with a T-GT wheel and T-LCM pedals they are working great for me

If GTS is your software for online racing , the load cell brake is a must for your simulator . There are lots of options to chose from . I race with Thrustmaster T-GT with a Sparco R383 option wheel and a load cell T-LCM pedals set. I found great sale prices at the time so it was easy to make my choices . Unfortunately the supply and demand now is going to be different for anyone in the market today for building a simulator. Paying the price for having fun is never easy.
Sorry I just repeated my last post

Last edited:
If GTS is your software for online racing , the load cell brake is a must for your simulator . There are lots of options to chose from . I race with Thrustmaster T-GT with a Sparco R383 option wheel and a load cell T-LCM pedals set. I found great sale prices at the time so it was easy to make my choices . Unfortunately the supply and demand now is going to be different for anyone in the market today for building a simulator. Paying the price for having fun is never easy.
Sorry I just repeated my last post

can you give some more feed back on how the load cell T-LCM pedals set work with gt sport ???

Can anyone explain what's bad about the G29? I was thinking of getting one since it's both PC and PS4 compatible.

It isn't "bad" as such, but it and even the new G923 are pretty much the same as the G25 which must have come out a decade ago, if not more ?
The force feedback is done by a gear system so it rattles and chatters about and vaguely does the job but its somewhat agricultural.

If its cheap, its worthy of consideration - when I got mine is was £160 (now £220). The other options are a thrustmaster T150 & T3PA pedal upgrade - probably better pedals that the logitech but imho the wheel is somewhat cheap and doesn't provide hard mounting points, just a big clamp.
Thrustmaster T300 was double the price of the logitech and wasn't sure how much I'd use it - there were reports of unreliability too.

The thrustmasters are belt driven rather than gear, so meant to be smoother and generally better for force feedback. Not had a go with one myself, but have a friend with a T150 and over the mic I can hear his wheel whirring while mine clatters and bangs away - there is quite a difference.

If the G29 suits budget then I say go for it, I think I'd be tempted to save a few more bucks for a T300, also as per my earlier post I would maybe wait and see what fanatec come up with this year (has anyone seen any more news?).

can you give some more feed back on how the load cell T-LCM pedals set work with gt sport ???
I've only used mine for a couple of short sessions so far due to wrist problems stopping me from using my wheel but in those sessions they've performed a lot better and more consistently than any of my previous pedal setups (T3PA Pro with brake mod, T3PA Gt Edition with brake mod and then with a Ricmotech load cell).

Because these pedals are adjustable on PC and those settings are saved to the pedal base they operate outside of the normal game parameters so they don't suffer the issues of the other TM pedals. Once you set them to your liking they stay set.

I've noticed on PCars 3 when I plug my wheel in and go to in game adjustments the wheel is there with all the normal settings but the pedals show as ''Not Applicable'', or words to that effect, so it seems it's the same for this game as well.
If the G29 suits budget then I say go for it, I think I'd be tempted to save a few more bucks for a T300, also as per my earlier post I would maybe wait and see what fanatec come up with this year (has anyone seen any more news?).
Good advice imo. 👍

Can anyone explain what's bad about the G29? I was thinking of getting one since it's both PC and PS4 compatible.

After upgrading to a T300 from one, I've been kicking myself for not buying the T300 first. The wheelbase is firmly in the mid range when you compare it to the G29 and to me, it easily justifies the cost.

My first add on brake set was the T3AP -PRO it was a big improvement over the two pedal that came with my T300RS . I will be tweaking my T-LCM when I get my PS5 to complete the update of my Sim Rig. Right now I am happy with out of the box factory set up looking for my baseline and muscle memory this will take some time . I can say without firmware updates and the spring changes T-LCM feels good for my staring point.

After spending all weekend fiddling around the csl settings, it’s pretty easy to tune any wheel to “work” with however you like to play. I think the actual seat and arm positions/ posture set ups are really more important than the type of wheel. Being completely relaxed and comfortable is key IMO, it reminds me how in skateboarding people think different boards set ups or brands actually make you a better skater

After spending all weekend fiddling around the csl settings, it’s pretty easy to tune any wheel to “work” with however you like to play. I think the actual seat and arm positions/ posture set ups are really more important than the type of wheel. Being completely relaxed and comfortable is key IMO, it reminds me how in skateboarding people think different boards set ups or brands actually make you a better skater
I've been changing my position recently and have noticed this also. Position matters. Even tiny things like monitor position or chair angle.

Another thing, I'm on a G29 with a home made rig. I used to have a table top, wheel locked with the front clamps. Now I'm bolted in under the wheel. And the FFB is at least double strength. It's too much now, I made it too real. So I'm working on changing it back. :lol:

All you people bashing the G29, what DR are you? I just want to know the perspective of your criticism, if it's "realism" or FFB accuracy for performance.

I have a G29 (mostly 2/2 ffb settings) and can't say I'm super happy, but I have nothing to compare with and I can feel weight transfer and grip loss clearly enough.

All you people bashing the G29, what DR are you? I just want to know the perspective of your criticism, if it's "realism" or FFB accuracy for performance.

I have a G29 (mostly 2/2 ffb settings) and can't say I'm super happy, but I have nothing to compare with and I can feel weight transfer and grip loss clearly enough.
I don't see anyone really bashing the G29. People can be fast with any device and that's why it's been mentioned that if you're on a budget the G29 is still a good option, which is closer to what has been said in this thread rather than bashing.

Due to the gear driven nature of all of the G series wheels the points about this wheel being very old tech and it's more agricultural feel are fair. The other wheels mentioned are belt driven so they offer a much smoother feel and can deliver a far clearer FFB sensation. The belt driven wheels are far quieter as well.

Not that rating has much to do with this but here's mine for my wheel use profile, https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1046678, but I've been away from GT for a while due to ongoing health issues, and looking back at my profile it's hard for me to believe it's been that long :(. At least I've still been busy with my DS4/DS5 profile on quite a few games though :)

I've been changing my position recently and have noticed this also. Position matters. Even tiny things like monitor position or chair angle.

Another thing, I'm on a G29 with a home made rig. I used to have a table top, wheel locked with the front clamps. Now I'm bolted in under the wheel. And the FFB is at least double strength. It's too much now, I made it too real. So I'm working on changing it back. :lol:

Now and days when I watch sim racers I look at their body language, some of the set ups don't look that aesthetic or comfortable for tall people (Im 6'3"). And all those plugs and wires... Not to mention where i live in California we have notoriously expensive rates. I'd say my rig is home made except the steering pedal frame- which is adjustable, got a 32" low end gaming curve monitor from Frys (RIP). With the wheel/pedals, Audio system, and VR im at the limits for wires, best part is at least I dont have to move the wheel or chair when not playing.

I don't see anyone really bashing the G29. People can be fast with any device and that's why it's been mentioned that if you're on a budget the G29 is still a good option, which is closer to what has been said in this thread rather than bashing.

Due to the gear driven nature of all of the G series wheels the points about this wheel being very old tech and it's more agricultural feel are fair. The other wheels mentioned are belt driven so they offer a much smoother feel and can deliver a far clearer FFB sensation. The belt driven wheels are far quieter as well.

Not that rating has much to do with this but here's mine for my wheel use profile, https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1046678, but I've been away from GT for a while due to ongoing health issues, and looking back at my profile it's hard for me to believe it's been that long :(. At least I've still been busy with my DS4/DS5 profile on quite a few games though :)

Agree, it's a bit notchy feeling, especially so when the ffb max torque is turned up too high, at or beyond the clipping limit. But I've read that the belt driven can be notchy too, so...

The only thing that bothers me sometimes is the lack of ffb feel (detail). I'm just not sure if it's the wheel's fault or GT Sport.

The only thing that bothers me sometimes is the lack of ffb feel (detail). I'm just not sure if it's the wheel's fault or GT Sport.
You're running extremely low FFB values, that certainly plays a part. Bump up at least the sensitivity, preferably the strength too, and things will change.

You're running extremely low FFB values, that certainly plays a part. Bump up at least the sensitivity, preferably the strength too, and things will change.

Thanks, but I've tried. With higher settings the wheel is constantly heavy - ffb clipping, I guess. I'm simply slower that way since I can't feel where the edge of traction is or what's going on with the suspension.

What settings do you recommend?

I'm quite new to the game and 3-4k from DR A+. (Real life motorcycle driving helps though.)

I've used strength 4, sensitivity 10 with good results. Anything more and it indeed becomes constantly heavy. Sensitivity makes the most difference, with low values it's pretty much the tyre forces and nothing else, and very little of anything near the center.

Agree, it's a bit notchy feeling, especially so when the ffb max torque is turned up too high, at or beyond the clipping limit. But I've read that the belt driven can be notchy too, so...
I've only ever owned belt driven wheels myself and only ever felt anything notchy when the wheel is turned off and even then it was only a very slight amount on my old T500. I have had a couple of short blasts with DFGT's, G27's and a very quick go with a G29 and the notchy feel on them is far greater.
GT Sport isn't the best for FFB detail so the game is part of it. It lacks a lot of the settings most of the other games have. Try something like Assetto Corsa or the newer ACC. These games will give you a better feel on pretty much any wheels.

Last edited:

After 3 years on a G29, the FFB on a T300 is a few levels above it in GTS and is much easier to work with plus it can sustain the feedback a lot longer than a G29 too. Don't get me wrong, for £200, you can't go wrong with a G29 (still got mine) but if you want crisper, more detailed FFB, you've got to spend more.:(

I was saving for a CSL Elite but then I saw a used, mint condition T300RS GT on Gumtree for £250 less than two miles away... Now I'm saving for a CSL Elite again as after feeling the difference between my first two wheels, I'm kinda excited to see what the Fanatec can do with feedback but that will be my last wheel. Wife said so...

...I won't remind her that she said that after my first.:mischievous:

Back