I Got to Drive a McLaren 570S GT4 Race Car (And It Was Amazing)

Well, keep watering this not-so-little-anymore-plant that is your YT channel which will help getting sponsor money, do your racing license and get a team together that competes in the Nordschleife 24h race :) (not necessarily in SP9).

I was lucky enough to experience driving a Clio Cup race car & a Caterham R500 Superlight with no rev or speed limits at Palmersport up at the Bedford Autodrome in November 2009. Driving a car on the road cannot ever prepare you for the loud, raw & brutal sound of a race car, nor the incredible g forces that you feel throughout your entire body. It was one of the most awesome things I ever did. Welcome to the club matey!

👍

I remember driving the nurburgring for the first time. I was overwhelmed and especially tired, because of the non-stop concentration needed with such a long track. Never driven a real track car though and definately on my bucketlist!

Excellent article, and as always thanks for sharing the experience with us! I hope you do get more opportunities to do it again.👍

Reading the article felt like a step-by-step account of my own experience driving a 991.2 GT3 for the first time last year. Granted, not a racing car, but perhaps as near as one could get to being behind the wheel of one.

It's amazing how such an experience can not only push you further than you've gone before, but leave you wanting so much more. Like you say @Jimmy B, it becomes addictive. :mischievous:

Good to hear you enjoyed it. Could well be the first of more to come. 👍

Great article @Jimmy B and even greater opportunity! Thanks for sharing! I've been watching your YT channel long before you joined GT Planet - I love the way you convey the driving experience.

Given your sim racing experience, I'm sure you've considered the following topic: how do you think sims compare to the real thing? What do they get right, what do they get wrong, and of course who does it the best?

Marvellous ..... even I was not there for one reason or another I don't know , I had a smile on my face watching you having fun .
Well done Jimmy B .

I remember driving the nurburgring for the first time. I was overwhelmed and especially tired, because of the non-stop concentration needed with such a long track. Never driven a real track car though and definately on my bucketlist!

Drove 2 back-to-back laps on the Nordschleife back in 2004 in a Pug 307 (2L petrol, 136 HP). The first thing I did after the 2nd lap was to check on the tires whether there's still something left of them. The second: God, where did this headache come from??? I wasn't really tired per se but mentally for sure, got even a headache.

I have admittedly very limited track experience and only with road-legal cars. Besides the Nordchleife I drove 4 times 15 minutes on the Hockenheimring (current F1 version), they were in total not as stressful as those 2 laps in the Green Hell.

I can't even imagine what driving a race car on any track would really mean. Just looking at the videos, it's a total assault on you both mentally and physically. I'm happy for @Jimmy B for his opportunity!

Back