[I]Gran Turismo[/I] for Motorcycles

Philippines
Quezon City, Philippines & Las Vegas, NV
GTP_VanishingBoy
Vanishing Boy
Since the dawn of videogames, no one could come up a good Motorcycle simulation game, licenced motorcycles. And PD is letting this chance go along the way. In fact there one who atempted to make motorcycle sim with licenced manufacturers (I forgot the title, it was on PS2, Riding Spirits or something), but as what I have researched it didn't go well. Its not just motorcycles, ATV's, and everything that covers the 'motorcycle' category.

I'm not a hardcore bike-fan, I'm just curious.

What do you think?

It appears no one is interested.

1. I like bike games.
2. I have made suggestions about huge additions to GT4/5.
3. I also realise that the bigger the changes, or heaps more cars, or heaps more tracks or more vehicle types the risk is that the overall quality diminishes.

On the PC I like Superbike 2001 by EA Sports. It is not like a Gran Turismo though.

The rally section is still somewhat weak in GT3 compared to the rest. They either need to improve/finish that or remove it. So adding another group may not be wise unless they can increase the size of their development team.

Having thought about this a lot and being hammered for my 1 game fits all views here is my latest thought.

Have more than 1 Gran Turismo title or add ons that are worked on separately.

eg GT4 main program and standalone game. Add on packs for Openwheelers, rally, bikes

or separate standalone games.

Hmmmm... difficult to say but I would prefer it if they would use the available disk space for cars and not for bikes. I mean, when I think of GT then I just have to link it with cars, it just wouldn't be the same!

what would be the point of motorcycles in the game? Really, i think it would be pointless. It would be like putting the escudo in a motorcross game

People may be missing the point here.

Most motorbike games have decent tracks. GP500 for the PC had the Grand Prix tracks and the Superbike (SBK) games had all the superbike tracks. They were single series simulations.

The MotoGP games have some/maybe all the tracks but are still (as far as I know) single series simulations.

The following questions need to be asked of these games.

Do they enable you to change tyre compunds ?
Do they enable you to race a bike on the test track or super speedway ? Apricot Hill ? SSR 5 and 11 ? etc
Do they enable you to modify your bikes ? Are their tune up options as good as GT ?
Are they as realistic as GT ?
Is there some form of quasi career mode ?
Can you own various models of bikes in your garage ?

The only other PC game I can think of is Harley Davidson ....... where I think you can buy upgrades to your bikes.

The moral of the story is that if Gran Turismo was a single series simulation it would probably still be better than all other games out there. It is much more than that and no other game comes close. So motorbike gamers don't get this goodness.

Maybe GT is not the game to do this but how about a bike game made by someone else that makes use of some of these game design ideas.

Back