• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 15 comments

Small_Fryz

But why is the Rum gone??
Premium
Australia
QLD, Australia
Small_Fryz
now i got this device, and it says i need a usb flash drive, well i have usb device with 128mb of storage yet the ps2 doesnt reckonise it, the next thing i have is usb to usb cable, can i directly transfer saved games from ps2 to computer using this cable, of course i have the software that was included with AR action replay, I have 7 days to figure this out otherwise i take it back and get my money back and try to find a max drive.

my thing i got is this http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=9197

Stupid Australia, find things for simpleing transfering data from ps2 to mem card is soo dificult. No gamesharks,sharkeports,max drives to be found anywhere, if this doesnt work i will have to buy online somewhere.

how bout now? by the time this thread gets read now i will be 777years old

The only way to transfer a save from PC ro PS2 is via a MaxDrive or an Xport 2/Sharkport 2 though I belive there may be another USB device available, though I can't remember what it is called. MaxDrive (in my opinion) is the most reliable, though I have had to reformat the USB flash drive that came with it though it does seem happy with the 128 Mb drive I also have.

Play-Asia have the PAL Max Drive available:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-q-77-1-15-max+drive-70-9qf.html

They are a reliable importer, I have used them on a number of occasions for stuff to the UK. The price works out at 34.68 Australian Dollars including postage.

ultrabeat
I have the AR2 Max as well:)

Didn't the USB come with it?

theres 2 packages you can get, one with the USB drive and one without, the one without is alot cheaper.
i bought the one without as the other one was $50AUD more.... :scared:

Max Drive is the software that will allow saves to be transferred to the PC. This is not to be confused with the ARMax code software. I have an up to date ARMax so I can check what it says about the USB drive. I thought it could only be used for transferring the codelist, but I could be wrong.

from what ive seen the Max Drive is the actual USB pen drive that comes with the ARMax (the software) which can transfer saved games aswell as updated codelists etc.. i use it to make my hybrids (except i dont have the Max Drive, just a generic USB drive)

The Max Drive actually come with its own software. The MaxDrive software will work with my Memorex 128 Mb drive.

I'll have to check out my ARMax to see what it can do.

ultrabeat
How can you get hybrid with AR2 MAX?

transfer my save game onto my USB drive, and edit it in MK's program. simple. (well you have to convert the .max file to a .xps file first), then once im done, convert it back to a .max file, then put it back on the memory card. thats just a basic rundown, but you get the idea.

thanks for the help guys, as i said in a nother thread in gt3, ive got myself a AR replay and ARmax drive from play-asia

Back