I have Forza Motosport

• Thread starter Gerontius
  • 49 comments
any questions?

i got it yesterday and have been playing it non stop since...

the physics are superb, and so are the graphics... but the game still lacks some depth to beat GT4 - no license tests, no photo mode... better cars though

have you been playing with a controller or wheel?
how much more complex is tuning? How is online racing?

And.. how'd u get it? Is it already released?

Well,since the game hasn't been released yet,he must have gotten it thru illegal means.That's not the point though.Tell us about the game.How is the (oh so famed) physics system?.

I got GT4 5 days early just at Tescos. :)

If you've played the demo, how much better is the real game compared to the demo?

Do the cars sound more real than GT4?

Gerontius
any questions?

i got it yesterday and have been playing it non stop since...

the physics are superb, and so are the graphics... but the game still lacks some depth to beat GT4 - no license tests, no photo mode... better cars though

Photo mode is quite unecessary, I took plenty of photos using my digital camera...

As far as license tests.. are people sick of those grocery shopper car tests? Forza uses the point system so as you score more points, you will be allowed to race higher level tracks and courses.

As for better cars.. I actually think less is more.. over 700 licensed cars in GT4, most of us picked the same 20-30 cars that are our favorite. Granted most of the cars in GT4 are just JPGs slapped onto the same car model and actually handled and performed like each other.. I don't see having more of the same cars just different brands as being "more.."

Forza has just enough variety that you will have atleast some of your favorites in there... Ferraris are there, since GT4 does not have Ferraris as well as Porsches.

By comparing the sound bites used in GT4 and Forza... you can actually hear the Turbo and each car's unique sounds, even environmental sounds are quite realistic. In GT4, does the Skyline GT-R sound like one? Most of the sound bites used in GT4 seem to sound the same, this is definitely one of the weakest feature of GT4. PS2 also has a weaker sound chip than the Xbox, it cannot reproduce certain sounds in terms of clarity and 3D.

In the end, I think for what its worth, it doesn't really matter which game is better, play whichever one entertains you. Don't let the Forza vs GT4 or PS2 vs Xbox rivalry get in the way of enjoying both games.

It's quite amazing that technology has come so far with both games.. but at the end of the day, Forza definitely showed more technology..

Now, let's get started, one by one:

Gabkicks - i don't have a wheel yet, and the only one i can get here in Croatia is the Thrustmaster Modena wheel... and it sucks. I'd like to get proper FF, and IIRC Fanatec is the only one. Tuning is great, and great thing is that you can get automated testing... some sort of simulation telling you about max speed, acceleration and lateral G forces after modifying your car.
Online racing? No Xbox live here in Croatia... but i have some friends with Xboxes sou will hook up a LAN party
As for visual modifications... it's OK, but NFSU2 or Midnight club 3 had way better bumper/sideskirt/hood upgrades

GTChamp - the physics system is great, feels smoother than GT4 and that's logical ( Forza calculates car physics 120 times per second, opposed to GT4's 60 times per second ) - and driving heavily upgraded MR cars is a nightmare
Although framerate is locked @ 30 fps, the game feels very smooth because guys at MGS did a great job implementing motion blur and similar gimmicks.
Great thing is that by changing the game difficulty ( assists, damage, AI ) you can earn more money

Legacy STI - i meant to say that Forza has better cars.. Ferrari, Porsche, Chrylser ME 412.. too bad there are no Lambos or some other more exotic brands. Oh, and although forza has great tracks, i'd like to see some more... GT4 has loads of tracks, including the Le Mans

Welshgtlover - no xbox live here in Croatia :(

Black95Z28 - i love photography, and since i spend much of my time taking pictures IRL, i'd really like to take pictures of cars and experiment with shutter and aperture values, as well as with white balance

he already said they sound amazing... or at least another reviewer i said they sound great. The american muscle cars have a really bassy sound to them unlike gt4. And all the other cars sound better. :) I'm sure this guy probably feels the same way :)

LegacySTI
By comparing the sound bites used in GT4 and Forza... you can actually hear the Turbo and each car's unique sounds, even environmental sounds are quite realistic.

You must be deaf, if you dont here a turbo in GT4.

Driftster
You must be deaf if you don't hear the weed wacker used for the sound of 90% of the cars in the game.

What does that have to do with what he said? Many of the cars in GT4 sound great but look at the scale 700 vs 200.

Another thing I have noticed about the car sounds while playing Forza is when you upgrade the Exaust systems the car sounds much sportier, I won a Honda Accord Euro, could hardly hear the car with standard exaust but put a sports exaust on it and it now gives a real mean roar when you get the revs up.
Also, changing the gears makes a difference, upgrading to sports or high perf gears, you can actually hear the gears whigning constantly as you do on sports cars.. GT4 may have a slight edge with graphics, but the sound on Forza is much better!

Gerontius
i love photography, and since i spend much of my time taking pictures IRL, i'd really like to take pictures of cars and experiment with shutter and aperture values, as well as with white balance
Ahh. Then you'd love this, Photo Mode: No better way to appreciate the rides you love (contains a brief tute), something I've just put up in my little area of ForzaCentral. I'd be gracious if you would give it a read and check the technicals for accuracy. In fact, if you can add anything and explain more, then all the better. Oh and if you're anything like you say; if you have that artistic eye for stuff, then you absolutely owe it to yourself to get a little PS2 and GT4 if it's within your means.

As for me, when Forza comes out, if it's another must-have, then I'll have it. I'll have it and I'll celebrate it just as I'm doing with Gran Turismo 4 (...on ForzaCentral of all places LOL).

What blows me off the road is, when people deprive themselves of something so rich and beautiful all because of brand-loyalty. I can understand the economics: If you can't afford both, then you can't afford both. I totally don't get when ppl refuse to play GT4 out of choice.

LOL That ain't natural, right there. :D

Seems to me that if you love cars, GT4 is a "must" experience. Hell, you don't have to play it. I don't. I don't bother with the given gameplay structure. I live it. I make my own races, spend sick amounts of time making sick pictures of some of the sickest rides to ever appear in a viddy game.

No seriously--I've gonna start framing 'em and see can I sell some at the local thrift market. Heh. That'd be a hoot. :lol: Anyways. Give us a visit if you've ever bored or something. General Driving Games. Small shanty village, young and just getting started.

welshgtlover
Another thing I have noticed about the car sounds while playing Forza is when you upgrade the Exaust systems the car sounds much sportier, I won a Honda Accord Euro, could hardly hear the car with standard exaust but put a sports exaust on it and it now gives a real mean roar when you get the revs up. !

It's very nooticeable in GT4 on many Hondas, upgrade the exhaust and it sounds just like an aftermarket job. But Toca Race Driver 2 had better sounds than GT4 so its not something out of reach to beat.

LaBounti
What does that have to do with what he said? Many of the cars in GT4 sound great but look at the scale 700 vs 200.
You sound like its okay to cut quality for quantity, why not both?

anyone tried drifting in Forza yet? Im curious how the car physics are in the game, compared to GT3 and GT4. I might get the game today, maybe not, too many good games to play, not enough free time.

and as far as sounds in GT4 goes, some of the cars sound amazing, and some of them PD just dropped the ball on (aka my Barracuda sounds weaker than my Integra type R :yuck: )

I might get the game today, maybe not, too many good games to play, not enough free time.

Hehehe. You said a mouthful there, GVan. Crap in a bucket, me I'm more interested in picking up Enthusia Professional Racing. In part simply coz it has dead-nailed 60 fps framerate.

See, I just don't get on well with Microsoft's trend (PGR2 and now FM) of 30 fps weaksauce games. Hell I'm not a grafix whore, I'm a self-professed FRAMERATE whore. :yuck::yuck:

I'll have 'em all three, though. FM, Enthusia, and GT4. I'll own them all coz they're each must-haves for me. But there's just so damned much to do in GT4 alone (you play don't GT4, you live it) that there's actually precious little time for silliness like... Flopza. LOL Ok ok just kidding. But seriously--a man can only play but one game at a time.

:( ... i cant figure out if now's a golden time to be a driving-games lover or if it's one of the worst possible times for the simple fact that we're so hoplelessly deluged with quality.

Ahh.. i'll say... It's a GOOD thing. :D

194GVan
anyone tried drifting in Forza yet? Im curious how the car physics are in the game, compared to GT3 and GT4. I might get the game today, maybe not, too many good games to play, not enough free time.

and as far as sounds in GT4 goes, some of the cars sound amazing, and some of them PD just dropped the ball on (aka my Barracuda sounds weaker than my Integra type R :yuck: )

in some one elses impressions posted here on gtp. they said that drifting was pretty fun in the game and cars were more oversteery but easy to control. I dont remember where exactly. He posted pics too....

so john of FC is AguynamedJohn of GTP. no wonder you actually like GT4. i like GT4 and forza too, but i love xbl more than than photomode or stinky hatchbacks and 70's hondas.

Black95Z28
You sound like its okay to cut quality for quantity, why not both?

Maybe a disc space thing. But yeah it is ok when its on a scale like that. (Pd sound engineer "Hey Kaz we need more disc space, so can we cut 175-190 cars to give 100% real sounds" Kaz" ah just work with what you have and I'll get back to" Kaz " Nah, I think I'll add more cars since you asked, this is not a " real sounding simulater"

:)

Meh. For being labelled as the ultra duper super mega hypher simulator today, M$ didnt even bother developing a decent official wheel for the game. I'll stick with my DFP for GT4 and some pc sim game.

Canon050405062-vi.jpg

This my hooked up EVO FQ-330 with the GIALLA body kit.

Canon050405068-vi.jpg

Forza Edition Subaru WRX STI Spec C

forza28-vi.jpg

Ford GT

dang, both forza and enthusia dont come out here until the 5th. :grumpy: If I couldnt get one I was gonna get the other. Thanks for the link Gabkicks.

Back