I just realized you can take the Mini Cooper rallying.

• Thread starter Vhp
  • 20 comments

Vhp

Wow. I did the three lap race on Smokey Mountain against the Impreza Rally Car, and I kept pace with it the entire time. I was ahead twice during the race, but it eventually came back and won it by ~2 seconds.

Well the Mini Cooper was a rally legend in its hayday. So its not too suprising its quite good on the dirty stuff. If ya wanna try a suprisingly odd but good rally car try the Lotus Motorsports elise. Actually the Mini is better in the dirt than it is on the track dont you think??

Yeah it is. That's mainly where the Impreza Rally Car was able to get ahead of me, because it's got around 200 more horsepower.

I have heard about the Cooper being a good rally car back in the day, but I figured the Cooper that's available in the game wasn't exactly made for rallying :)

Yeah becuse there is not much for it to do in GT3 being not very powerfull. It was much more usefull in GT2 when there were more cars with equivalent power, also it had a cool racing modification.

Yeh, did ne1 c that film on the other day, "The Italien Job", for those ppl in England?? A classic example of the coopoer's capabilities.

Cooper Rule!!
Turbo-aspirated Turd?

I was thinking of doing a Six player I.Link Race All with minis on the rome Circuit while playing that song "Were in the self preservation society" sorta my GT3 tribute to the italian job!

It's a shame they don't have any cars that you can race a Cooper with... all of the rally cars in the game are around 300hp, and have nearly the same power-weight ratio. It would be nice in GT4 to have a "C-Class" rally... :)

Originally posted by Vhp
Call me slow, but I'm think I sense some sarcasm? :-|

I just felt like sharing, so blah.
im not so sure he was being sarcastic. i didnt read any sarcasm into that.....in case u cared anymore

Man, live a little! There's more to the automotive world than Type R stickers!
allyrbs.jpg

Nothing wrong with FWD...

Did you note my license plates?

there is if you like to drift IRL, sure, you can drift in GT3 w/ FF cars (kinda anyways, at least CudaMan can) but not really IRL, FR or AWD is the way to go, and i like the same in GT3, the only reason i have an FF car is for winning the FF races

A little stiffer rear sway bar, and my Neon gives plenty of oversteer under trail braking. It's balanced very nicely and rotates very well through the turns.

Originally posted by Y2TUSCAN
I was thinking of doing a Six player I.Link Race All with minis on the rome Circuit while playing that song "Were in the self preservation society" sorta my GT3 tribute to the italian job!

Intresting idea....

COUNT ME IN! The Italian Job is one of my favorite movies. I love the bit in the giant sewer pipe, and the part where they drive into the back of the transporter while it's moving. They invented that stunt I believe...

Back