I Need a Question Answered

• Thread starter Psimmet
  • 3 comments
Hi, I just joined GTP today because I need a question answered. I recently bought GT3 and I'm having an issue with it. I used to own the game a while ago, and decided to get it again. I pretty much just started a new game. I have a Toyota Celica SS-2, and a Mazda RX-7 type RZ. I was going fine for awhile and winning races. I tuned my Celica to about 230 or so horsepower, and my RX-7 to 331. But the cars don't seem to be going as fast as i remembered. I went to my garage and noticed in the specs of both of my cars, that the torque were both down in the double digits, ex:23 lb.ft and 33 lb.ft. At first i thought it was some tuning that i did on my celica. But then I bought the rx-7 and it automatically dropped as soon as i got it (from about 236 lb. ft to under 30). I have no idea why this is happening, and if anyone could help me and send me either an e-mail or just post something up, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thnx
Psimmet
simm6731@hotmail.com

The torque figures given in the garage in the North American NTSC version are wrong. They are the metric numbers but the English units. However, the actual torque is correct.

I suspect it's your memory that is faulty... ;)

Welcome to GTPlanet!

What Duke is trying to say is that in the garage, polyphony changed the text after the numbers from kg/f to lb/ft, but they forgot to calculate the torque figures from kg/f to lb/ft. I forget the conversion factor, but all you have to do is multiply the numbers by a figure and you get the actual torque in lb/ft. someone may eventualy drop by here with that Figure. I think it's like 7. something.

"7" will do nicely. 7.231 if you want to be more accurate.

Latest Posts

Back