I picked up my copy of GT Concept!

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 16 comments

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
Okay - I'll be getting this puppy home this evening after work and getting some miles - first impressions later.

Sounds good to me! (: More like $34.99 I'm sure. Which seems a bit steap for something that is mearly an addon. I would like to get behind the wheel of the RX-8 LM though.

~LoudMusic

Okey dokey. Got it, played it.

List of impressions.
- force feedback through the GT3 force-feeback steering wheel seems a little heavier and more realistic for track racing. Conversely, there's less feedback in the rallying sections, but it seems as if the surface is 'heavier', like driving through thick dusty dirt
- why are the rallying sections HALF of the game?
- graphics in replays seem smoother and a touch more detailed. Reflection and smoke effects are better.
- better differentiation in engine sounds from car to car
- the handling is a bit more 'arcadey' in that it seems to be easier to catch snap oversteer. I've provoked a couple of the cars severely and still been able to catch them
- the game's pretty easy to complete, I'm at 72% after about an hour and a half of work. The gold times for the licenses are pretty easy. Any one at 100% in GT3 should be able to knock this over in two hours or so.
- it's great to see Autumn Ring back. It does need a couple more tracks though
- great range of cars that actually makes the game worth it
- the VW W12 supercar is an absolute beast
- the dream cars are much more extensive and more imaginative - love the 350Z LM car in the old Nissan GT-P colours!
- you can go off in the license tests and not get failed!
- the Pace Car is a pain in the arse and gets in the way
- the AI seems a bit better. I saw a Falcon put a good outbraking manuever on an Astra. Also, if you make a decent pass, the AI doesn't hit you on the way out. It seems less inclined to just
'ram' you out of the way.
- starts are a bit more realistic, in that the computer cars do spin their wheels, so there's a bit more tyre smoke about the place
- I think it's fantastic Hyundai are in there. The Gran Turismo series is a great place to start reinventing your image.

I would recommend the game, if only for the range of cars in there. The big thing I take from the game is that it bodes very well for GT4 - the designers are moving the game forward, it isn't just GT3 arcade with different cars.

Good summing up vat_man, thats what I'd say too... I agree about the W12 for sure - its an animal!

I love the range of cars, and the return of Autumn Ring, but I dont consider it a game of its own - more like the second disc of GT3... :D

Its going to be great for I.link battles but I have to convince some of my friends to get the game. The only other person I know who has GTC is Keeno_uk :mad: . I want to have a Toyota Pod vs Ford Ka vs Honda Jazz race on autumn ring :D

uh.... anyone gonna get a pic for me of the :vw: W12 i never knew what it looks like, and since im an american im not gonna see GTC for awhile
[lrmarquee]GTS-R_MAN[/lrmarquee]

Uhhhhhhhhh....

I'm not sure where you win the W12 but i think it's Autumn Ring II

and to get a pic of the W12 i think it's been scrapped but try www.supercars.net

Originally posted by GTS-R_MAN
uh.... anyone gonna get a pic for me of the :vw: W12 i never knew what it looks like, and since im an american im not gonna see GTC for awhile

VW pulled the pin on this last week. Here are some shots to remember it by...

vw_w12c_1-1.jpg

vw_w12c_2-1.jpg

vw_w12c_3-1.jpg

vw_w12c_int-1.jpg

vw_w12c_eng-1.jpg

Back