I sincerely hope that Gran Turismo 7's physics aren't carried over from GT Sport.

• Thread starter DefNotJake
  • 63 comments
I havent played GT Sport since a year of something like that en i have the feeling since iam back that the cars understeer allot more as before? And i dont like it its the only thing i hope they do better in GT7....... for the ''Top Gear'' feel i play the Forza games. For online racing i use GT.

But both new Motorsport as Gran Turismo are silenced on the radar so nothing to be exited about for a long time now....

I havent played GT Sport since a year of something like that en i have the feeling since iam back that the cars understeer allot more as before? And i dont like it its the only thing i hope they do better in GT7....... for the ''Top Gear'' feel i play the Forza games. For online racing i use GT.

But both new Motorsport as Gran Turismo are silenced on the radar so nothing to be exited about for a long time now....
It's very likely that they'll both be out around the same time too. Forza for me is very much the same thing, but it has become extremely stale that I'm hoping there's enough effort put into the game this time around to make me change my mind. Still, I wouldn't expect anything from either of these games until late this year or early next year, possibly even later.

Is there anyone that truly wants these physics to return along with GT7? The game just feels ridiculously twitchy, and loose using a controller. Most street cars (usually RWD) feel like all of their weight is centered on the top of the hood. All this does is make the car extremely snap oversteer-y, and just extremely twitchy in general. The oversteer combind with twitchyness in the driving characteristics is kinda fun on tracks with wide-sweeping corners on the Nordschleife, but makes driving on tracks like Laguna Seca with slow and tight corners a massive chore sometimes. The only bandaid fix I could ever find for it is by putting sport hard tires in the front, and sport softs on the rear. It makes the car feel much more balanced, but then the car has too much grip at the rear to the point its nearly impossible to spin out. I also tried turning down my controller sensitivity to see if that helps, but it just makes recovering the slides caused by any oversteer even harder.

I've recently started giving the Gran Turismo 5 singleplayer a playthough for the first time since its release, and I find myself preferring the feel of that game the more I get back into it. Yes, the suspension is a bit too stiff in some cars, but the weight of the car shifts in a more realistic and predictable way, making it much more easier and fun to push my car to the limit and counter any slides without snapping into the other direction... and that's while using the terribly uncomfortable Dualshock 3!

I would like to hear others thoughts on the handling in GT Sport, and how it should be improved in GT7 or why it should stay the way it is. Keep in mind, I'm not necessarily suggesting that GT7 should be more realistic or more arcade.

Here are are a couple of clips I've rushed to put together as examples. Every car is stock, using sports soft tires, with a Dualsense (ps5) controller. Notice how the suspension reacts to me turning the wheel (even at ridiculously slow speeds), and notice how in the Nurburgring clip the quick bodyroll directly impacts the handling of the car. (it also helps me to go around corners way faster than I should be able to in a super heavy Aston Martin)

I know exactly what you mean.

I found it strange that more people didn't realize this. GT Sport physics were totally screwed when trying to slide. RWD cars in GT5 did have a much more realistic and natural behavior than in GT6 and GT Sport, in GT Sport it was almost impossible to hold a drift, the car would just grip mid corner and snap the other way, and wouldn't hold much speed even on throttle, totally unrealistic.

Having played thousands of hours in GT5, I remember playing GT6 for the first time and thinking "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?! THEY RUINED IT", I was back in GT5 after 1 hour, and never played GT6 again.

I can, however, very happily confirm that in GT7 these issues are solved, much to my surprise. I thought it would be like GT Sport and that would turn me off, enough to make me not play the game. But in GT7 rwd cars feel realistic at the limit again, like in GT5 but better. This is by far the best thing PD could have done to me.

To me the game felt amazing, driving the 997.2 GT3 was so much fun last night.

I know exactly what you mean.

I found it strange that more people didn't realize this. GT Sport physics were totally screwed when trying to slide. RWD cars in GT5 did have a much more realistic and natural behavior than in GT6 and GT Sport, in GT Sport it was almost impossible to hold a drift, the car would just grip mid corner and snap the other way, and wouldn't hold much speed even on throttle, totally unrealistic.

Having played thousands of hours in GT5, I remember playing GT6 for the first time and thinking "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!?! THEY RUINED IT", I was back in GT5 after 1 hour, and never played GT6 again.

I can, however, very happily confirm that in GT7 these issues are solved, much to my surprise. I thought it would be like GT Sport and that would turn me off, enough to make me not play the game. But in GT7 rwd cars feel realistic at the limit again, like in GT5 but better. This is by far the best thing PD could have done to me.

To me the game felt amazing, driving the 997.2 GT3 was so much fun last night.
Thank you for sharing this, so good to know. Hopefully they will have improved on other areas too.

Back