I think GT7 will have the SAME graphics as GT Sport. Not a bad thing.

• Thread starter enthusia
  • 63 comments
United States
United States
enthusia-pr
My theory: As you may have already noticed, GT7 graphics/gameplay looks almost identical to GT Sport...even though the PS5 being a next gen console would allow for better. I believe it's because of content...

Since they plan to triple the content similar to the massive traditional Gran Turismo sizes with Used Cars and such for example, their focus is not improving graphics but rather, cohesion, balance, and experience. Making sure that ALL cars get the same level of detail as GT SPORT requires a **** ton of resources I assume. I assume Kaz truly wants to give us a great game so to be smart, since he already has a god-like template, why not build on that, next gen or not...I'm sure we all remember their past stint with "Standard Cars". I believe the cause was time plus yup, lack of resources or failure to effectively distribute them or in other words, developing what they can within the limits of the hardware.

If we recall the title before Gran Turismo 5 and prologue, we had GRAN TURISMO HD. Straight up gorgeous game...but that title had like 20 cars to it's name. BUT you know what....the graphics were actually superior to GT5 and GT6 despite it being an older game. Again, the reason they have gameplay footage so readily available for a next gen game today to me is because....it's already done if you get me.

Also with Kaz befriending the monthly free DLC rollout, he doesn't need to have everything in there at launch. Kaz would give us the world in a console if he could but we're no where near that. So in essence: GT7 = Refreshed but classic Gran Turismo format and content with GT Sport Graphics. Sounds cheap on paper but GT Sport looks unreal and realer than real life, Gran Turismo Car Lists are always insane, the experience is always rememberable, sounds like a recipe for success to me so having the same graphics is "hardly" a price to pay. In the history of gran turismo, it's never been done before and gran turismo sport is the best Gran turismo has ever looked. I assume we gonna get something really good here bois.

Honestly I'd be fine with GTS graphics base. All they really need to do is increase the map sizes from what I'm assuming is 1024x1024 to something more like 4096x4096, add higher levels of anti aliasing and increase anisotropic filtering to 16x and I'd be satisfied.

Last edited:
To me they have to rump up the terrain textures detail and vegetation since on GTS they are pretty bad (especially in some tracks).
Also i hope that cars will have better lod when ingame,the downgrade between menu (sometimes even photomode ) and ingame models sometimes it is massive,some cars are really horrendous when you go on track

Photomode and ingame:

YWsKb0B.png

K4S3MZH.png

The low res shadows and reflections also need to be fixed

Last edited:
To me they have to rump up the terrain textures detail and vegetation since on GTS they are pretty bad (especially in some tracks).
Also i hope that cars will have better lod when ingame,the downgrade between menu (sometimes even photomode ) and ingame models sometimes it is massive,some cars are really horrendous when you go on track

Photomode and ingame:

YWsKb0B.png

K4S3MZH.png

This is basically the improvements I want to see. It would be awesome to have all the cars in a race to be scape quality models. I hate looking at other cars online and seeing their wheel wells consist of only 15 polygons. :boggled:

Edit: Also noting, this screenshot with the BAC Mono shows some lower resolution textures on labels and some lower polygons on the left side of the image.
EaVCeD4X0AIZ6bH.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly, I would be okay with similar graphics base, as GT Sport looks great. Sure it's easy to point out some flaws and lack of detail here and there, but in motion, it looks super in my opinion.

If we get considerably larger grids along with dynamic time of day and weather and VR support, I'll be more then happy with a slight facelift of the current GT Sport base.

I thought we were all aware of the better reflections in the GT7 gameplay trailer at this point? It's been available to watch on YouTube for some time now.

Either way, GT Sport is already incredible when it comes to graphics so I think more focus should be spent on increasing car counts, working on improving single-player etc. (which seems to be what they're doing anyways).

Below are statements about GTS prior to it's release.

"It takes six months to create a single car. It’s over-specced for PS4 Pro”, Yamauchi told Finder. “So we are building for future versions of the console rather than the one we see today".

Clearly, Yamauchi means that the assets created for GT Sport could very well run at 8K on PlayStation 5. Based on these statements from Yamauchi, it’s safe to say that Polyphony is future-proofing its Gran Turismo assets for future Gran Turismo titles on PS4 successors.

So I believe based off that is that the cars and tracks we have now can be easily be ported over to GT7 and look better than ever. I guess with the release of the PS5 today we will see how much an improvement that makes. Although the PS5 doesn't support 8k resolution out of the box as of now based off some reviews.

Last edited:

Photomode and ingame:

YWsKb0B.png

K4S3MZH.png

If GT7 looks like GT Sport photo mode plus ray tracing and dynamic weather we are golden.

I would be totally fine with the graphics being more or less the same. The main things I care about are frames per second and more detailed physics.

The only graphical issue I have with GT Sport is the sky box textures, with a 4K monitor the low resolution of the skies really shows the image grains, maybe with GT7 if it implements dynamic time & weather this may be just a thing of the GT Sport .

Let me put it this way, Gt sport is a type of gt7 prologue or demo. It makes sense if they release the game in first half of 2021. WhileThey were working on gt7 they put few cars and tracks together and launched gt sport. Since gt sport was incomplete they market it as an online/esport focused version of gran turismo. It's the same scenario that we had with gt5 prologue and gt5.

Let me put it this way, Gt sport is a type of gt7 prologue or demo. It makes sense if they release the game in first half of 2021. WhileThey were working on gt7 they put few cars and tracks together and launched gt sport. Since gt sport was incomplete they market it as an online/esport focused version of gran turismo. It's the same scenario that we had with gt5 prologue and gt5.
GT Sport was never anything but an online/esport focused version of Gran Turismo. It was always GT Sport and was always focused on online and esports. It certainly isn't GT7 Prologue and it certainly didn't become GT Sport due it being "incomplete".

Last edited:

If that were true GT7 would've come out a couple of years afterwards and GTS wouldn't have got all the updates it did. That was planned, whether we like it or not.

If it means saving dev time and resources (e.g. time/budget) and then having it get re-allocated to other facets (e.g. audio), then I'd be fine with GT7 having very similar graphics to GTS. Keep in mind that the game still has to run in 60fps - I believe this is why dynamic time/weather was in GT5 and GT6, but not GTS.

I'm no game developer but I do think Raytracing takes up the space for them to create new shaders, for Example Demon Souls devs said Ray-tracing would have taken up space.

Spiderman Remaster is somewhat similar to GT Sport with Ray-tracing but has some more advancements we have not seen with GT7 yet.

However, I'm more impressed with Forza Motorsports so far looking CG like.

I'm no game developer but I do think Raytracing takes up the space for them to create new shaders, for Example Demon Souls devs said Ray-tracing would have taken up space.

Spiderman Remaster is somewhat similar to GT Sport with Ray-tracing but has some more advancements we have not seen with GT7 yet.

this forza video is far from real gameplay, you can compare it to first 60 seconds of gt7 trailer

I've read the same, I think that Ray Tracing is quite memory intensive, but there are perhaps people on this forum who know more about that than me.

I'm very much reserving judgment on Forza Motorpsports graphics, we've not seen any gameplay yet. Yes it was all rendered "in engine" but none of it was gameplay and there can be a vast chasm between how good you can make something "in engine" with how good it may look during gameplay.

Hopefully it will look that good, but I am reserving judgment unti I've seen gameplay footage.

Last edited:
Same car modeling and detail level of cars yes, but same graphics... no way.
PS5 is much much better and much more powerful, therefore GT7 graphics WILL be much better, at 4k resolution and 60 FPS perhaps or somewhere around it

Last edited:
This is basically the improvements I want to see. It would be awesome to have all the cars in a race to be scape quality models. I hate looking at other cars online and seeing their wheel wells consist of only 15 polygons. :boggled:

Edit: Also noting, this screenshot with the BAC Mono shows some lower resolution textures on labels and some lower polygons on the left side of the image.
EaVCeD4X0AIZ6bH.jpg
Man, I'll be fine if we get a replay camera option like that.

If there gonna keep the graphics the same...

They really should improve the Simulation with new physics now with their capable CPU.

Tyres popping after no change, or tyres touching physics. Actual Mechanical damage which can suspend you after a fatal crash.

Or maybe your car can breakdown after no servicing from GT Auto especially ones from Used Car dealership which high mileage.

Visually damaged cars from Used car dealership which have cracked windows or dents and scratches. Can be repaired in GT Auto.

They still call it "The real driving simulator" but lack compared to other preferred Simulators like Asseto.

I just want to see Gran Turismo 7 continue to improve the car physics, there is always room to make racing sims more realistic, no matter what sim it is you are playing. Raytracing, and better lighitng/shadow effects, and more cars on track would be great too. Would love to see the car count get pushed up to 50+ for some tracks, so we can recreate more realistic real life races, like in NASCAR, or endurance races.

The point we've reached in graphics is such that it's getting harder to see the differences without seeing the real thing running, with no compression and with the full framerate and colour gamut. Keep in mind GT7 is expected to have greatly improved reflections and dynamic time and weather, and may run at framerates above 60, besides better foliage I don't see much room for improvement.

I think not a huge gap from Sport visually, but still reasonable improvement thanks to ray tracing illumination, better cockpit, draw distance, more better textures and bigger detail and reflections. So final product might like better than sport by a noticeable margine, but still not huge though.

Increase the grid opponents number per race from 16 to about 24-30 for every race would be amazing. No need for more than 30 or would be a mess in most of the tracks

Last edited:
Back