I wanna discuss homologation in GT Sport.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 71 comments
Group 1 is definitely loose enough to fit the Group C cars, but i'd still rather have them in their own class. It would be a great opportunity to showcase how prototypes have evolved in the 25+ year gap between the Group C days and now.
It would be great for the casual gamer, but in Sport mode this would mean nobody would use them
That's the way it should BE, but the classic "PROTOTYPES"(Ferrari and Jag) are in Gr. X. I'd live Group sew to be the mysterious Gr. A class. We'll seec in a few days.
I also lament the fact that the Jag and Ferrari are in Gr. X, but honestly if they were categorized in Gr. 1 I would be very vocal at how stupid that decision was, due to the point made above

It would be great for the casual gamer, but in Sport mode this would mean nobody would use them

I also lament the fact that the Jag and Ferrari are in Gr. X, but honestly if they were categorized in Gr. 1 I would be very vocal at how stupid that decision was, due to the point made above
I raced the Vision GT event in GT League. The Daihatsu was actually in it. Plain silly.

I still don't see why a Vintage Group isn't made for those cars. If anything, PD could have grouped the Cobra with them.

I raced the Vision GT event in GT League. The Daihatsu was actually in it. Plain silly.

I still don't see why a Vintage Group isn't made for those cars. If anything, PD could have grouped the Cobra with them.
True. The GT40 would also fit in very well with this vintage group

I agree that the P4 and XJ13 deserve their own class or at least be dumped into N500 if nothing else. A historic race car class could also include stuff like the Chaparral 2D (Can't say how well the 2J would fit in Group 1) and Ford GT40 in any form. Especially the Gulf one. These old cars probably wouldn't fit into Group 1 well. And they'd look out of place in Group 3 even if they were fast enough. I don't know because I'm not saving up 20 million to buy them.

Yeah, I think the VGTs should stay in Gr.X for one-make races in online races, but in GT League, they ought to be further divided depending on their power - a lot like we see with the VGT+ event. Maybe a VGT- event? It could include the Daihatsu VGT, but also the Peugeot L500H VGT.

I think it's just that the XJ13 and 330 P4 are both old AND are race cars, whereas the Cobra and GT40 Mk.I are still road cars. Even if a vintage class was made, idk what else could be put into it other than those two and the GT40 Mk.IV from GT5/6.

Forgot all about that. Cars over one million are out of sight out of mind.
Come to think of it, I think they should make a "Premium Sports Lounge +" for GT League where you do indeed need to use N-Series cars worth over a million credits. I think we have enough cars now to make that event pretty diverse, too.

I agree that the P4 and XJ13 deserve their own class or at least be dumped into N500 if nothing else. A historic race car class could also include stuff like the Chaparral 2D (Can't say how well the 2J would fit in Group 1) and Ford GT40 in any form. Especially the Gulf one. These old cars probably wouldn't fit into Group 1 well. And they'd look out of place in Group 3 even if they were fast enough. I don't know because I'm not saving up 20 million to buy them.
I think if anything, the Chaparrals should be in Gr.X, since they were known IRL for being really overpowered.

I'm wondering if Gr. A will be cars not quite Gr. 2/3, not quite Gr. 4. Such as, the ITR/DTM cars. If the Group C cars are indeed Gr. 1, the rally cars that have been photographed, may still fall within Gr. B.

It's just, the Alfa 155 is awd and too much aero to blend with Gr. 4. As well as too slow for Gr. 3.

Only other cars I would think meet Gr. A, are the CLM GTR, McLaren GTR, Panoz etc. Thing is, do PD bring back those type racers?

I'm wondering if Gr. A will be cars not quite Gr. 2/3, not quite Gr. 4. Such as, the ITR/DTM cars. If the Group C cars are indeed Gr. 1, the rally cars that have been photographed, may still fall within Gr. B.

It's just, the Alfa 155 is awd and too much aero to blend with Gr. 4. As well as too slow for Gr. 3.

Only other cars I would think meet Gr. A, are the CLM GTR, McLaren GTR, Panoz etc. Thing is, do PD bring back those type racers?
My guess is that Gr. A would try to sort of replicate what real-life Group A was. Although, because there's so many variations of Group A I'm not sure what the specifics will be

I'm still quite adamant that Group C cars have no chance chance at Gr. 1 for the reasons I mentioned above

It'll be so messed up if they're in Gr.X.
I would be livid if they were placed in Group X. They share a lot of similarities in terms for performance and speed, it would be sacrilege. However, I would not be surprised if the cars are put in Group X, because you know PD.

Taking from the thread I just created, I'm hoping for the E46 BMW M3 GTR and E92 BMW M3 GT2 to be added to Gr.3 .

Speaking of which, I wonder what PD plans to do with the GT1 cars from past games, like the Panoz and the Ford GT LM cars. It would be interesting to see them included in Gr.2, though I doubt their cornering speeds could match the current GT500 cars.

Taking from the thread I just created, I'm hoping for the E46 BMW M3 GTR and E92 BMW M3 GT2 to be added to Gr.3 .

Speaking of which, I wonder what PD plans to do with the GT1 cars from past games, like the Panoz and the Ford GT LM cars. It would be interesting to see them included in Gr.2, though I doubt their cornering speeds could match the current GT500 cars.
I'm not sure how thr E46 M3 GTR will fit into Gr. 3 as it's a bit too old. The E92 M3 would probably have a chance though

GT1 is rather slow compared to current GT3/E cars, especially the mid-2000 GT1s, let alone GT500

Timef out. Didn't we get a GT3 Championship in GT6? I think we also had the M3 GT2 in that class.

Yeah, and even if we didn't count that, someone told me the Gr.3 Porsche 911 is a GTE car in real-life. (GTE is basically GT2 under a newer name.)

Also, I had a few other things I wanna bring up. Why do you suppose that for both Gr.3 and Gr.4, there are real-world cars in both GT3/GTE and GT4 that aren't in there? In Gr.4, only two cars aren't made-for-game modifications, even though a lot of the cars in Gr.4 have real-world GT4 equivalents. My guess would either be licensing, or that PD simply didn't have enough time to get through the whole process, including legal licensing paperwork, rendering, etc. Looking at the list of FIA GT4 cars, it seems like a lot of them could just replace their GTS equivalents in the next game, unless the differences are really remarkable. Here's the list of GT4 racers that stuck out to me:

BMW M4
Ford Mustang Mk.VI
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
McLaren 570S (could replace the 650S Gr.4, or could supplement it instead)
Chevrolet Corvette C6 (similar situation to the 570S GT4)
Chevrolet Camaro (same)
Nissan 370Z (same)
BMW M3 (same)
KTM X-Bow (would be a fantastic way for KTM to appear beyond the N-Series)
Ginetta G55 (would be great if Ginetta re-appeared in Gran Turismo, as they have quite a few cars that'd fit into multiple classes)

Similarly, I'd replace the following original-for-game Gr.3 cars:
Honda NSX Gr.3 -> Honda NSX GT3 (I'd definitely think time restraints were why this isn't in, as this is said to be the most recent car to be homologated for GT3.)
Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3 -> Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE (Alternatively, the Callaway C7 GT3-R, which was also only homologated very recently - just before the Lexus RC-F, in fact. Though I wonder if maybe that would be better to have under Callaway itself rather than Chevrolet, if Callaway returns in a future game...)

And, I'd also add the Camaro GT3, the newer Ferrari 488 GTE that has the additional front lights, the Ford GT GTE from the past few years, and the newer BMW M8 GTE. Other than that, there were others between GT3 and GTE I'd add in a future game or if certain automakers return, such as Lotus and Bentley, or Maserati in GT4's case. Not to mention that as far as GT3/GTE goes, I think almost any car that was homologated after the SLS-AMG GT3 could be fair game, including stuff like the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 even though we already have the 650S GT3.

Of course, I think some made-for-game racers are really beneficial for some automakers, especially ones like Bugatti, Peugeot, or Alfa Romeo.

Besides all this, I wonder what the leaked "Gr.A" could refer to, and if there is a "Gr.C," what could that refer to? My best guess, if you ask me, would be something to do with various older touring cars. I think the fact that Group B is explicitly mentioned as being modeled on the historic class of Group B rally (rather than being modeled on a newer one with Gr.3, or being quite inclusive like with Gr.1) could give us a hint. We could also take a look at the various race cars that were in GT6, and potentially see what groups could require a new group formation (i.e. Gr.A and/or Gr.C). The other guess I had is that with Gran Turismo's recent relation with Pikes Peak, and that Gr.B is a rallying class, Gr.A could be for newer hillclimb cars that have a higher power, including the Suzuki Escudo or the Pikes Peak cars from GT6. Similarly, Gr.C could be for rally cars from before the real-world Group B, like the Lancia Stratos HF. I could definitely the older Alpine A110 being in this group!

As mentioned in another thread, weird that we had an officially named GT3 CHAMPIONSHIP in GT6, but named Group 3 in GTS.

As for homologated cars, there's also a real 86 GT4 racing in the British GT Championship. An NC MX-5 participated a couple years ago. So, don't know why that wasn't modified to race instead of the Atenza.

As mentioned in another thread, weird that we had an officially named GT3 CHAMPIONSHIP in GT6, but named Group 3 in GTS.

My guess is that it's because Group 3 includes both FIA GT3 cars, but also cars modified by PD, like the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3. The other guess I had was that it could include cars that comply with similar rulesets to GT3, like the Super GT300 class. And given that PD was seen recording a Toyota Prius GT300, I'd imagine that's coming to Gr.3.

As for homologated cars, there's also a real 86 GT4 racing in the British GT Championship. An NC MX-5 participated a couple years ago. So, don't know why that wasn't modified to race instead of the Atenza.

Maybe because the NC isn't in the game? I'm not really sure.

I also had a recent idea lately, and I think it'd be real neat for a potential GT7:

The RM game mechanic could return – it would include both the RMs and Touring Cars from GT6, consolidated as a single "RM" label. This new group could be Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars, and some of the Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars already in GT Sport could also become the results of RMs that are integrated later. For example, you'd need the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car to get the 4C Gr.3. This would allow the Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars with identical real-world equivalents (see: Honda NSX Gr.3 vs. NSX GT3, Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 vs. C7.R GTE) to still have their own sort of quirks, despite not being "the real thing." You could even take the Gr.X version of a VGT to transform into its Gr.1 or Gr.3 equivalent, like the car for Bugatti or Dodge.

And given that PD was seen recording a Toyota Prius GT300, I'd imagine that's coming to Gr.3.
This would be an interesting car to have in Gr. 3. For some reason SuperGT allowed Toyota to keep the Prius' hybrid system in it, along with a new V6. I wonder how it's hybrid system will work (KERS or a permanent hybrid?)
Maybe because the NC isn't in the game? I'm not really sure.
Another interesting is that in the early days of beta GTS, there was a slightly modified ND MX-5 available to the game. However I'm not sure if it's an N-class or Gr. 4

This would be an interesting car to have in Gr. 3. For some reason SuperGT allowed Toyota to keep the Prius' hybrid system in it, along with a new V6. I wonder how it's hybrid system will work (KERS or a permanent hybrid?)

Another interesting is that in the early days of beta GTS, there was a slightly modified ND MX-5 available to the game. However I'm not sure if it's an N-class or Gr. 4
Look at the SFR concept. It screams of GT4. I put RH tyres on it and it fits right in. The RM MX-5 could have translated to that modified ND.

Still, there's the real hard top ND MX-5. Maybe PD modelled that and possibly awaiting its game debut. Maybe.

I had another idea for a topic related to this title. Which cars would you add, for the current list of automakers in GT Sport, insofar that every automaker could be represented in every group? Including each of the N-series classes, and especially if Sport Mode races for the general N-series returns with power/weight tuning prohibited beyond that conducted by BoP. Of course, there are some exceptions where this is impossible, like with KTM - though adding the X-Bow GT4 would be the next-best step in this direction.

Here are some of the more obvious ones I had in mind:
-The Renault R5 Turbo could return for representation in Gr.B. There are also potential Gr.B cars for Ferrari, Daihatsu, Alfa Romeo, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Citroen, and Mazda.
-For Gr.1: Aston Martin AMR-One, and maybe the Chevrolet Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype as well? A lot of other automakers could be posted here, too, like Lamborghini, Shelby, and Ferrari, but that would specifically entail adding various sports prototypes that are much older than most of the current Gr.1 cars, so those may not be the most ideal addition...
-I don't think we're 100% sure of how Gr.2 is defined beyond Super GT500 cars, but if even if that's so, I wonder if Toyota could edge in with a Supra Mk.IV they used in the 2005 Super GT season?
-Let's be frank for a moment. Is there any automaker not already in Gr.3 that can be realistically added? Idk how it'd be done for the likes of Shelby, De Tomaso, or Daihatsu without PD making more made-for-game racers similar to those for Alfa Romeo or Citroen.
-The new Alpine A110 GT4 could be in Gr.4, but I'm not sure what else to say about this group.

I had another idea for a topic related to this title. Which cars would you add, for the current list of automakers in GT Sport, insofar that every automaker could be represented in every group? Including each of the N-series classes, and especially if Sport Mode races for the general N-series returns with power/weight tuning prohibited beyond that conducted by BoP. Of course, there are some exceptions where this is impossible, like with KTM - though adding the X-Bow GT4 would be the next-best step in this direction.

Here are some of the more obvious ones I had in mind:
-The Renault R5 Turbo could return for representation in Gr.B. There are also potential Gr.B cars for Ferrari, Daihatsu, Alfa Romeo, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Citroen, and Mazda.
-For Gr.1: Aston Martin AMR-One, and maybe the Chevrolet Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype as well? A lot of other automakers could be posted here, too, like Lamborghini, Shelby, and Ferrari, but that would specifically entail adding various sports prototypes that are much older than most of the current Gr.1 cars, so those may not be the most ideal addition...
-I don't think we're 100% sure of how Gr.2 is defined beyond Super GT500 cars, but if even if that's so, I wonder if Toyota could edge in with a Supra Mk.IV they used in the 2005 Super GT season?
-Let's be frank for a moment. Is there any automaker not already in Gr.3 that can be realistically added? Idk how it'd be done for the likes of Shelby, De Tomaso, or Daihatsu without PD making more made-for-game racers similar to those for Alfa Romeo or Citroen.
-The new Alpine A110 GT4 could be in Gr.4, but I'm not sure what else to say about this group.
Well...
-Mazda actually developed a Group B RX7 back in the day. Ferrari and Porsche also had homologated cars for Group B rally (although i don't remember which right now) , same with Citroen , with the BX4. I dunno about Mercedes and BMW though.
-Of course , for Gr.2 we could take the current DTM cars , but i think another game has the exclusive licence for it , if i recall Raceroom , so good luck with that.
-I don't remember any manufacturer not being represented in Gr.3 (except maybe brands like Mini or Fiat , for obvious reasons) , but there are plenty of cars that could be added e.g. Ford GT , Chevrolet Camaro , Emil Frey Jaguar , Alpina B6 and many others.
-Same deal with Gr.4. The KTM GT4 would be nice to have , along with the A110 GT4

First, I wanna discuss the classes in GT Sport thus far, and how cars from previous GT games could reprise their appearances as such:

-We know that Gr.4 & Gr.3 are respectively meant to resemble FIA GT4 & FIA GT3. And we also know that GT3 cars often race within the GT300 class in Super GT. So, for Gr.3, the following GT300 cars could be added:
Toyota Prius (and we've seen this one being scanned, too)
Honda CR-Z (the GT300-spec hasn't appeared in GT yet, but you never know...)
Mazda RX-7 FD
Autobacs Garaiya
Subaru BR-Z
Toyota Celica
Toyota MR-S
Lexus IS350
Subaru Impreza (2008 or 2003? Idk which is preferable - though I think the '08 version is more likely to appear.)
Nissan Silvia

Anyway, moving onto Gr.4, it seems like it'd be redundant to add the real-world GT4 cars that already have very similar in-game racers, like the BMW M4 or Aston Martin Vantage. But I do see an opportunity here for KTM to get a representative outside the N-series, as the X-Bow is an actual GT4 racer, as well. There's also the factor that Alpine could be represented in Gr.4 with the new A110 GT4.

-We also know that Gr.1 is associated with cars having 900kg and 1000HP, and only the word "prototype" was mentioned - there does not seem to be an explicit limitation to LMPs, so I wonder if Group C could fit into here? Or perhaps LMP2 racers, or even Daytona Prototypes? All of these would allow a variety of automakers already in-game to be represented in Gr.1, and this includes automakers that only have VGTs to represent them there at the moment. (Not that I mind, personally.) If we look back at cars from various sports prototype classes, we could see the return of the following cars in Gr.1:
Bentley Speed 8
Sauber-Mercedes C9
Toyota GT-One (TS020)
Toyota 88C-V
Peugeot 905
BMW V12 LMR
Mazda 787B
Jaguar XJR-9
Nissan R92CP
Nissan R89C
Audi R8 (2001, or 2005? I'd say the 2005 one has a higher likelihood.)
Audi R10 TDI

-Gr.B is said to resemble the original, real-world Group B rally, and seems to include historic Pikes Peak racers and modern cars interpreted as modern Group B rally cars. I also recall the figure of 500HP was mentioned. I think the WRC license is also out of PD's hands, which could explain the formation of this class, and uses made-for-game rally cars despite some cars in this class having real-world WRC cars. (E.g. the Ford Focus, Subaru WRX STI) As a result, I would imagine older real-world Group B rally cars would come here, including the Lancia 037 that's rumored. Perhaps the classic Escudo Pikes Peak could allow Suzuki to be here, too. But even if we did restrict ourselves to real-world Gr.B cars, the GT series has a few automakers that could appear in this group:
Peugeot 205 Turbo 16
Renault R5 Turbo Rallye
Ford RS200 Rally Car
Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car '86 (I know we already have the Pikes Peak car from the following year, but still....)

However, I do wonder if the more modern hillclimb cars in GT6 (see: Tajima E-Runner, Monster Sport SX4) would fit in here as well? I'd say they would.

-The newer Gr.2 class is known to include Super GT500 cars - but could older JGTC cars (in GT500) be included here, too? And what of DTM racers, especially since Super GT and DTM have been chatting with each other recently? My guess is that FIA GT1 would go here - the Aston Martin DBR9 and McLaren F1 GTR both competed in GT500. Which would likely mean that the following cars from older GT games would go in Gr.2:
Nissan R390 Race Car
Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR Race Car
McLaren F1 GTR (GT6 1995 ver.)
BMW-McLaren F1 GTR Longtail
Panoz Esperante GTR-1

As well as the following GT500 racers:
Toyota Supra Mk.IV (Maybe the 1997 one? The 2000 one known for appearing in Gran Turismo 3? Or perhaps the more recent 2005 one that was the only time a Supra was in Super GT?)
Lexus SC430
Nissan GT-R R35 (2008, before either facelift)
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33) (it was in GT500 for the 2006 season)
Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
Honda HSV010
Honda NSX (1st-gen, 2008)
Honda NSX (1st-gen, 2000)
Lamborghini Diablo GT-1

-I think that the fact that the F1500T is modeled on the classic Lotus F1 racer could have something to do with licensing, though I would really like it for the Senna cars to return in the future. (As well as a bunch of other cars "important to GT," and auto culture, including Andretti's Hudson, the two Leno cars, the SEMA C7 Corvette, the Toyota MTRC, the Nike One, etc...but that's another story!) I'm not sure if it's necessarily related to the licensing of Formula One cars, because the classic Lotus appeared in GT6 whereas the newer Ferrari F1 models from GT5 were out. I think it has more to do with Lotus itself, especially since pre-release screenshots of GTS featured a Lotus Evora in some shots, but the car does not appear in the game. Overall, I appreciate the F1500 as an older analogue to the Formula Gran Turismo, another car that I hope sees a return.

-What classes within GT Sport do you think these real-world classes be placed? Or, alternatively, would they require a new class to be formed altogether? The classes that came to my mind were GTE, and the SP8 class from the Nurburgring 24h. I do recall that GTE is more or less FIA GT2, but that just makes things even more interesting - should this mean something like the Corvette C7R go into Gr.3, or Gr.2, even though the latter is more akin to FIA GT1? I mention the SP8 class because the Lexus LF-A competed in there, and it appeared to look a lot like the Gr.4 cars already in GT Sport. And I wonder what ought to be done with the real-world Group A rally cars, as well? For example, the first-gen Ford Focus rally car, or the Lancia Delta HF? Maybe there's not as much need to include those last ones at all... And what about Australian V8 Supercars?

-I think the only reason why the Jaguar XJ13 and Ferrari 330 P4 were placed in Gr.X is because there isn't a plan to create a class for race cars that are that old. I do, however, get the idea that more cars could come to Gr.2, despite it being only represented with three cars at the moment.

-Finally, if we saw the return of some of the older-made for game touring cars - specifically including the GT5 touring car pack and the GT5 RMs - what classes do you think they'd be placed into? If you ask me, a lot of the cars (in both groups) look like they'd be more at home in Gr.4. I think this would be redundant for some automakers that already have that same model in Gr.4 - such as Mitsubishi and its Lancer Evo X - but I think it'd be neat to see the return of the Corvette C6 RM as a Gr.4 racer.

Some other notes:

-I think that not only should the option to enforce BoP come to creating custom races in lobbies and Arcade Mode, but also should be forced on for the GT League events that use the classes other than the N-series. So this would especially apply to the Gr.1 and Gr.3 endurance events, as well as the Gr.B event in the amateur league. The other thing I want to bring up in this regard, is that I think if an event has a certain N-series class that's recommended, there should be a corresponding enforced maximum power cap - this could be applied to the player and any AI vehicles. Some N-classes for some events could be slightly changed to continue allowing certain cars to compete, such as the Nissan GT-R Cup, and how the R35 cannot be de-tuned to the N-class recommended for that event.

-Finally, as a side note, I've noticed that in some events, when I go to the settings screen, the BoP drop-down menu gets an option, and it says something to the tune of "Road Course (setting enable)". Turning it on seems to just reduce power while not affecting the weight, but does anyone else know what this setting is overall referring to? Does it depend on the car, or track, or some other factor?

EDIT as of Update 1.19:
So with the addition of the Group C racers in Gr.1, we have confirmation that Gr.1 is not limited to newer LMP1 cars, but is indeed open to all sports prototypes. In which case, I think there's tons of potential! If every manufacturer in Gran Turismo 4/5/6 returns in GT7, there are tons of potential Gr.1 cars between the automakers:

-Group C:
Dome S103
TOM'S 86C
Lamborghini Countach QVX
Lancia LC2

-LMPs (note: includes WSC, LMP900, LMGTP, LMP1, and LMP2):
Ferrari 333SP
Ginetta G60-LT-P1
Lotus T128
Alpine A470
Honda ARX-04b
Lister Storm LMP
Chrysler LMP
Panoz LMP07
MG EX265C
Shelby LR-93
Mazda SDR-14 (which could supplement the 787B and the LM55 VGT)
Aston Martin AMR-One

-Daytona Prototypes:
Cadillac DPi-V.R
Acura ARX-05
Chevrolet Corvette (C7) DP
Nissan Onroak DPi (which I think would be a good way to show that the GT-R LM Nismo wasn't the last prototype Nissan ever worked with)

Next, I had a ton of ideas regarding Group B. We know that Group B is basically meant to be like the real-world Group B, with the newer models outfitted for the class just being there as "what-if" sort of models. But even if we just go by real Group B cars, there were a few cars that've appeared in the GT series I forgot about:

Mitsubishi Starion 4WD
Nissan 240RS
Lancia Delta S4

There's that, and there are automakers that did have a car in the real-world Group B, and these models could debut in the GT series within Gr.B:

Daihatsu
Porsche (Also, weren't there plans to have the 959 go into rally? Maybe PD could make a what-if version of the 959 rally car...)
Ferrari (There could be a what-if version of the 288 GTO.)
Subaru
Toyota (How about a what-if version of the 222D?)
Volkswagen
Mercedes-Benz
Citroen
BMW

Hi mate, thanks for your message, but what are you actually asking?

Surprised out thr FF cars, this wasn't given the Gr. 4 treatment.
images

It's a hot hatch, but could be competitive in the class. Especially since TCR are competitive with GT4 at the Spa24H.

I personally think Gr2 is the weakest class in the game thus far. Car count wise.. I would love to see the WEC GTE and IMSA GTLM cars in this group. Just change the Porsche RSR to a GT3R and bump the RSR to group 2. As far as the C7R goes, screw it make a Gr2 as well. Already have the Lexus RC in Gr2, 3 and 4 so why not the Corvette too.. DPi and other prototypes would be good as well. I would just enjoy gr2 cars better myself.

I personally think Gr2 is the weakest class in the game thus far. Car count wise.. I would love to see the WEC GTE and IMSA GTLM cars in this group. Just change the Porsche RSR to a GT3R and bump the RSR to group 2. As far as the C7R goes, screw it make a Gr2 as well. Already have the Lexus RC in Gr2, 3 and 4 so why not the Corvette too.. DPi and other prototypes would be good as well. I would just enjoy gr2 cars better myself.
I think you might want to read back this thread as to why it's impossible to lump GTE/GTLM into Gr. 2. DPi and LMP2 have a chance but not GTE/GTLM. In case you don't know Gr. 2 features cars from the GT500 class of SuperGT, of which there is no Corvette.

Well with the GTLM cards being so much faster than GTD/GT3 cars where else would they go? Obviously the would be BOP to race equaly because they are different spec. I was referring to the C7R in GTE/GTLM not Super GT. I was justifying how you could have so many classes of one model by comparing it to the Lexus.

I think you might want to read back this thread as to why it's impossible to lump GTE/GTLM into Gr. 2. DPi and LMP2 have a chance but not GTE/GTLM. In case you don't know Gr. 2 features cars from the GT500 class of SuperGT, of which there is no Corvette.

Nvm just looked at quali times from tracks WEC and SuperGT both race at. GT500s are much closer to Lmp1 then GTE... Even more so with Dpi/lmp2.. Oh well I guess I was unrealistically hoping to be driving GTLM cars on GTsport. Their my favorite class to watch :)

Back