• Thread starter tm2003
  • 23 comments

is mk the man

• yeah he is the man

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • no not really

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
mk you rule man. you deserve a medal from polyphony for prolonging the games repittion life. also the m,akers of the x-port or sharkport should pay you for sales profits;) ;) ;) ;)

Yes, he deinitely is da man. Beyond that though, I doubt that polyphony is ready to give him any medals. The game creators are most likely unhappy about their game being hacked. All they really care about is sales anyway, and I doubt that the sales of GT3 increased much because of hybrids. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that the sales of sharkports and GS2s did increase.

Originally posted by Heydu
Yes, he deinitely is da man. Beyond that though, I doubt that polyphony is ready to give him any medals. The game creators are most likely unhappy about their game being hacked. All they really care about is sales anyway, and I doubt that the sales of GT3 increased much because of hybrids. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that the sales of sharkports and GS2s did increase.
sales were not hampered by the fact the games price is now $20 US either

Its not really like that at all (most of the time). When your actually with the crew working on the game you have a fun time and are around alot of fun people...

Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
Its not really like that at all (most of the time). When your actually with the crew working on the game you have a fun time and are around alot of fun people...

I'm not really sure what this means, at least as it pertains to my post. My point was that they game creators don't like others hacking their creation. If this was not the case we would still have GS Pros.

Also BTW, he goes by MK, at least he does on his home board, HGT, and whenever he posts at GTH.

I'm not really sure what this means, at least as it pertains to my post. My point was that they game creators don't like others hacking their creation. If this was not the case we would still have GS Pros.

Also BTW, he goes by MK, at least he does on his home board, HGT, and whenever he posts at GTH.
If there were no hackers game sales would not be near what they are now. The object is to beat the game, not get frustrated an use u r palm alot

Originally posted by Masterblaster
If there were no hackers game sales would not be near what they are now. The object is to beat the game, not get frustrated an use u r palm alot

I don't buy that! I don't think many people buy games based on whether or not it's been hacked. Sure, hacks may extend the enjoyment of a game, but they don't greatly increase sales IMO.

But we sure have gotten of the topic of this post though!:D

I was pertaining to you saying that the Developer's only care about sales. They dont really. You get to meeta bunch of fun people and have fun making and developing the game. Then we usually get to play trail parts amongst ourselves :). If its not fun, we fix it...

I was pertaining to you saying that the Developer's only care about sales. They dont really. You get to meeta bunch of fun people and have fun making and developing the game. Then we usually get to play trail parts amongst ourselves :). If its not fun, we fix it...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it

OK, well I didn't realize that U were a game software creator FP, but from everything I've ever read, they hate their games being hacked. As far as being sales driven, I should have been more clear. I was refering to the software company,(PD) not the actual developers. Yea, I would imagine developers can have some fun coming up with this stuff.

Im not a software creator, I just worked on a few games (one of many people). If I made a game I wouldnt really want people messing with it. Imagine you started a car company and you made what you thought were very beutiful cars and handled well. But everyone always took out the engine and replaced it with another engine and changed the styling a little. Wouldnt you be angry?...

Im not a software creator, I just worked on a few games (one of many people). If I made a game I wouldnt really want people messing with it. Imagine you started a car company and you made what you thought were very beutiful cars and handled well. But everyone always took out the engine and replaced it with another engine and changed the styling a little. Wouldnt you be angry?...
People are all the time altering THEIR autos, an the reason why ? To make theirs different from all others like it... After you PAY for it then its yours to alter as you see fit... The very same applies to a game...think about it

People are all the time altering THEIR autos, an the reason why ? To make theirs different from all others like it... After you PAY for it then its yours to alter as you see fit... The very same applies to a game...think about it

Read it again, I said EVERYONE changes your car COMPLETELY to where there were no stock versions of your car anymore and you thought it was a great car. In real life this doesnt happen. Yeah there are millions of Civic Clones but there are still stock versions. If I made a game and everyone always messed with it I wouldnt like it. If they dont like the game how it is, they shouldnt buy it. I wouldnt feel like making games anymore either since nobody likes it how it is...

Read it again, I said EVERYONE changes your car COMPLETELY to where there were no stock versions of your car anymore and you thought it was a great car. In real life this doesnt happen. Yeah there are millions of Civic Clones but there are still stock versions. If I made a game and everyone always messed with it I wouldnt like it. If they dont like the game how it is, they shouldnt buy it. I wouldnt feel like making games anymore either since nobody likes it how it is...
You can't plzzzzz none of the people all of the time

You can't plzzzzz none of the people all of the time

Maybe U can't totally plzzzz anyone, but 99.9% of the people that bought GT3 would have been extremely pleased with the game play even if there were no codes at all. I know I would have been.

Maybe U can't totally plzzzz anyone, but 99.9% of the people that bought GT3 would have been extremely pleased with the game play even if there were no codes at all. I know I would have been.
I got in when the price was right $19.95 as an Greatest Hits title, prolly won't wait til GT4 goes GH though, am jones in 4 it to be released here in the states... MC II was another let down too:irked:

If I may interpret, I had to read it a few times before I figured it out I think, But I believe what MB means is that no matter how good a product is nobody is ever 100% satisfied with it. So for instance I think GT3 is the flat out best video game I have ever played, and I am very pleased with it, but i wish some of the cars had race mods like in GT2. So U see I am not 100% happy, and perhaps nobody is.

If I may interpret, I had to read it a few times before I figured it out I think, But I believe what MB means is that no matter how good a product is nobody is ever 100% satisfied with it. So for instance I think GT3 is the flat out best video game I have ever played, and I am very pleased with it, but i wish some of the cars had race mods like in GT2. So U see I am not 100% happy, and perhaps nobody is.
Exactly the intent of my point Du... No matter how great the game may/IS be for most of us, there will always be that 0ne % that wants to whine about some small detail, that to most of us racers, makes absolutely no difference....Period

Latest Posts

Back