If you like Enthusia, you'll also like...

• Thread starter Adam West
  • 5 comments
What other racing games, not including GT series, do you Enthusia-st play often? I just became aware of this little gem: m3-challenge.com. It's a SIM of the '07 M3 and Nurburgring GP circuit.

With the G25 it supports clutch and H pattern shifting. I find the steering a little...weird (too much understeer) but this demo is magnificent. I can play this thing all day.

If any of you guys try it or think of trying it, i'd like to get online for some friendly laps.

BMW_M3_Challenge003.jpg

BMW_M3_Challenge026.jpg

About 80% of my driving time these days is still in Richard Burns Rally. Windows-only, alas, but well worth the $10 or $15 an old DVD copy goes for these days.

There's always Live for Speed, the most-realistic driving simulator available, full-stop. :sly:

lx6driftth2.jpg

About 80% of my driving time these days is still in Richard Burns Rally. Windows-only, alas, but well worth the $10 or $15 an old DVD copy goes for these days.
Depends on where you live.

I had RBR when it came out on the PS2, it was fantastic! It has a better overall physics engine than enthusia, with some superb detail.

If you're stationary in a car and you turn the wheel a little, the tyre sidewall will stretch and the wheel will return to the original position when you let go. If you turn it more than the stretch, then the tyre will move and the wheel won't move back as far when you let go. RBR modelled this, it's entirely pointless but amazingly cool!

I later got RBR for the PC because the improved res helps you see rocks/holes/ruts, and the loading times are way faster (also, the clutch doesn't break from the smallest tap).

LFS isn't the most realistic, but it is slowly getting better. It does have some really nice advanced features, but there is some funny business in the "basic" tyre modelling.

Driver's Republic was going to have the best physics model going, but that project has gone cold recently. It's a massive shame, the demo played excellently.

Back