IGN's input on gt4p, pal version

• Thread starter cobragt
  • 52 comments
You can move it yourself can't you?

I'm still not expecting to see Ferrari or Porsche but this way I won't be disappointed, or may just be pleasantly surprised.

I'm not really expecting to see Ferrari or porsche in aswell, but..... I'll put it this way, if they both are in, I wont be surprised, if they aren't in, I wont be really disappointed. Hey, atleast we know the Fiat Pandon is in :lol: I just learned that in 6 months, EA's rights to Ferrari and Porsche expire. The Nov release makes sense now.

Originally posted by Eagle
Actually the license doesn't expire until 2005 from what I've seen posted.
According to a Farrari representative at the international car show, the contract expires in late November. He seemed pretty accurate and knew an extensive amount about the GT series and his company's interest in the game. Hopefully he was correct and the possibililty of seeing a Farrari in GT4 is higher than previously expected.

And the rights for porsche go out in Nov, we might all be surprised. I'll love to drive a Enzo on the Nurb. That would make sense, if you think about it. PD pushed gt4 to Nov and the EA rights to Porsche and Ferrari go out in that month. Hopefully, my assumptions are true :)

If it's just an Enzo at Nurburgring your after, get yourself PGR2.;) :lol:

You could have go of a Porsche Carrera GT as well.:)

Nice article on IGN though.

Originally posted by redhed17
If it's just an Enzo at Nurburgring your after, get yourself PGR2.;) :lol:

You could have go of a Porsche Carrera GT as well.:)

Nice article on IGN though.
No I disagree, PGR2 is too arcadey and I would much prefer driving a PD Enzo on a PD made nurb.

Anyway I would love for Ferrari and Porsche to be included but I honestly won't be that disapointed if they are not included.

I've just had a look at the Gallery of pictures on the Prologue DVD. Haven't watched the features yet.

There are a lot of Ferrari's and the odd Porsche. If they're not in, we can get a class action and take them to court under the "trade decriptions act".:lol:

After seeing so many pictures of Ferrari's, they've got to be in. Although I'm not that bothered, I've got them in PGR2.:)

I don't see GT4 dropping this year - well for PAL regions anyway. I'm expecting it to be released in early 2005, and that will open the door for the inclusion of these two car brands. :mischievous:

Ferrari would be a dream come true but why are so many people hung up on the Enzo.Sure its a great car but in my opinion too "alien "looking as the F50 is too "Miami" looking.The older 250GTs,Daytonas and espesially the 288GTO get my blood boiling.That thing looks like Magnums Ferrari on steroids.The essence of what a Ferrari should be.

Thanks for the feedback guys! (you did realise it's me writing those columns, I hope? :D)

Since Tyrone (IGN Cars Editor) only took a few of the pictures I sent in and oddly enough none of the Ferrari's, I'm posting a few for you here:

pf1.jpg

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f7.jpg

f8.jpg

Either Porsche and Ferrari will be in GT4, or PD will have their work cut out for them for GT5, so we could expect a quick release of GT5, since many cars have already been tested for it, as we can see.

Thanks for the pics Arwin!..... did you realise that the first picture (silver car with black wing) is an S2000?..... just wondered if you confused it with a Porsche as the rest of the pics were of them?

Originally posted by Ev0
Either Porsche and Ferrari will be in GT4, or PD will have their work cut out for them for GT5, so we could expect a quick release of GT5, since many cars have already been tested for it, as we can see.
I doubt they are already starting on gt5, ps3 wont hit til 06 :(

Originally posted by cobragt
I doubt they are already starting on gt5, ps3 wont hit til 06 :(

Well knowing PD and many other game makers they'll be starting on GT5 before Gt4's Release. Because many many game developers are already starting of PS3 games the same as XBOX2 games, so yea all this data will most likely be used for GT5 also with any new models released within this time. So if these two giants (Ferrari and Porsche) are going to be in GT5 why not test the hell out of them now "just in case" ya know... But im not expecting them to be in GT4 because even though Ruf isnt Porsche we atleast still ahve the look. But if they are in then i'll be happy but right now im not seriously all hoping for them. Because there are many other cars i'd like to test drive before I finally get to them or for that matter save up the money to buy one...

Arwin great read over at IGN and thanks for posting the pics.... But with them most showing Ferrari's and Porsche's I wont just to conclusions but they do get you thinking though.... eh oh well..

If PD is testing Porsches and Ferraris for GT5, then why did they put them in a movie as a part of GT4P, which is a sort of introduction to GT4?
It seems pretty pointless (not the fact that they are testing them, but the fact that they are shown in GT4P). On the other hand Yamauchi said that Porsches and Ferraris won't appear in GT4, so this whole "let's put these cars in a GT4P movie" thing doesn't make any sense.
Either they are playing a very dirty game with hard-core fans, or they think that putting these cars in a GT4 related movie and then NOT putting them in the game itself will make us all happy and enthusiastic. :irked:

Good point proburazitelj. That would be mean of them to show us them testing those cars and we can't get them. Maybe, he said they wouldn't be in to tease us. The ferrari rights held by EA do go out in Nov.

All those Ferraris and porsches mmm..........!

Wouldnt the prospect of that be really exciting.

Would be a damn shame not to see them now theyve shown us the extensive test they done.

With Kaz categoricallystating that hed delay the game for Ferrari and Porsche a while back, maybe this is all we are waiting for, And if the licenses do expire in novemeber no wonder PD were so confident when they announced the November realease date.

You are right gtx, I doubt pd would show us those amazing cars and not let us gave them in the game, that would be so mean of pd.

It is a possibility they just can't say anything until the EAs license is completely gone.

On the other hand Forza motorsport developers have had no qualms about saying everything about it.

Hmmm I again have a little hope.

damn

Back