Igor Fraga Offers GR Supra GT Cup Racing Tips Ahead of Series Start

I watched his video, very informative.... still not sure where to find the last 2.5 seconds :( damn aliens!!!!

Yea, it doesn't matter how many tips these guys give me. Somehow they are just able to go flatout much earlier out of turns than me. It's almost like they are using TCS when they aren't. I've dissected these guys video replays and they go foot to the floor right when they leave the apex, I try the same thing and I'm oversteering out of the turn so bad. :banghead:

Last Nations round was a good example, somehow the aliens were flatout through those uphill esses at section 1, no matter what I did I just could not do it, I had to lift a little before every apex or I was losing control.

Yea, it doesn't matter how many tips these guys give me. Somehow they are just able to go flatout much earlier out of turns than me. It's almost like they are using TCS when they aren't. I've dissected these guys video replays and they go foot to the floor right when they leave the apex, I try the same thing and I'm oversteering out of the turn so bad. :banghead:

Last Nations round was a good example, somehow the aliens were flatout through those uphill esses at section 1, no matter what I did I just could not do it, I had to lift a little before every apex or I was losing control.
Predicting the car's oversteer/understeer, and turning the wheel to prevent while at the same time accelerating on the exit of the corner, while being careful not to apply full throttle until the wheel is straight, should give you time.

Never apply full throttle, until the wheel is straight. This way, you will prevent wheel spin and sliding. How early are you able to straight the wheel, depends just on your training and knowing how the car handles.
Sometimes carrying much speed mid corner isnt helpful.

Also, car positioning while entering the corner and mid corner, affects a lot your exit. Try to brake in a straight line and then turn the car in.

depends just on your training and knowing how the car handles.
Sometimes carrying much speed mid corner isnt helpful.

I appreciate the help, like you say training. I imagine the aliens are the guys who played racing games almost exclusively their whole lives. I played Gran Turismo since I was a kid but never cared much about how fast I was as long as I beat the AI as dirty as I could haha.

I haven't touched a racing game since GT5 maybe 8 years ago until I got GT Sport when it came out in 2017.

I appreciate the help, like you say training. I imagine the aliens are the guys who played racing games almost exclusively their whole lives. I played Gran Turismo since I was a kid but never cared much about how fast I was as long as I beat the AI as dirty as I could haha.

I haven't touched a racing game since GT5 maybe 8 years ago until I got GT Sport when it came out in 2017.
ACtually its not just training. A lot comes down also to "physics" preferences. Probably other car game physics suit you more than GTS and you could be as fast as the aliens in other games, you never know. But try to adjust. Its a coded game, its not unpredictable. Try to understand how it functions.

Try to play with brake balance. If you see you are understeering from an apex, adjust BB accordingly for the front end to bite, while sometimes understeering will help you to prepare for the next corner; in that case, adjust accordingly as well.

Try different entry lines. Probably Igor's line won't suit you driving style, so again, adjust accordingly. It's a wax on wax off pattern you need to repeat.

In general i need 10 laps to make a Qualy time that im ok with. After that is just getting tenths down one by one.

Yea, it doesn't matter how many tips these guys give me. Somehow they are just able to go flatout much earlier out of turns than me. It's almost like they are using TCS when they aren't.
I noticed this when I first started playing FM7 and studied the replay of JSR Rayzer JDM, who was ALWAYS number 1 on any monthly rivals leaderboard that he participated in. I was expecting to see some sort of amazing subtlety of throttle control, but no, he just seemed to be at 100% throttle almost the entire time. If I tried to copy his inputs and slam it to 100% throttle when he did, the car wouldn't remain calm and composed. The closest I was able to get was if I used FM7's assisted steering option, so I think it's something about the steering inputs that they're able to do that enables the early 100% throttle, but I still haven't mastered whatever it is that they do.

I noticed this when I first started playing FM7 and studied the replay of JSR Rayzer JDM, who was ALWAYS number 1 on any monthly rivals leaderboard that he participated in. I was expecting to see some sort of amazing subtlety of throttle control, but no, he just seemed to be at 100% throttle almost the entire time. If I tried to copy his inputs and slam it to 100% throttle when he did, the car wouldn't remain calm and composed. The closest I was able to get was if I used FM7's assisted steering option, so I think it's something about the steering inputs that they're able to do that enables the early 100% throttle, but I still haven't mastered whatever it is that they do.
Upshifting or staying in a higher gear, sometimes makes it easier to apply full throttle early, as the torque isnt high enough at small RPM. Also, replays for throttle/brake inputs arent too reliable, sometimes there definitly is a slower/gradual input of throttle than the replay tries to show you. The "most accurate" way to see throttle/brake input is by watching a live stream or screencaped race.

Good lap guide. Plenty of time to digest what he's saying while checking out track details. Subbed.👍

I'd still need 3 arms to drive the soggy, weight shifty, over steery Supra though.:crazy:

Hardworking will probably get you close to the aliens and perfection is impossible,both Igor and Lightning can be defeated,they also makes mistakes so their perfect steering/throttle input isn't perfect all the time.

Their mental strength shocks me though. Sure, they've got a lot of experience leading or chasing top positions but the people they're racing each and every time do too. Add in the more aggressive drivers or knowing one mistake will cost you several positions and you've got coronary inducing levels of pressure in every battle. It amazes me how they don't bottle it more often than they do.

Good to see they're human when they do though. Leaves hope for us mere mortals.:lol:

Hardworking will probably get you close to the aliens and perfection is impossible,both Igor and Lightning can be defeated,they also makes mistakes so their perfect steering/throttle input isn't perfect all the time.
Ha, I guess everyone can dream right?? The list of people that can beat those guys is very small, their mistakes cost them a tenth whereas when us mortals make a mistake we lose much more.

Thank you very much for the messages guys!

For this car the throttle control is crucial. You can see on my fast lap that usually I apply like 50% of trhottle, stabilize the car and then go full. First you must prepare the car (do the weight transition) for really use all the power. If you do it correctly it become much easier to control the the car.

Hoping you guys can improve your times

their mistakes cost them a tenth whereas when us mortals make a mistake we lose much more.

This is why I've given up on trying to be a hero who doesn't use TCS. I recently turned it back on(for certain vehicles) and my pace increased by a second. The myth that TCS slows you down only really applies to drivers like Igor and the rest of the aliens. And even the amount it would slow them down would only be .5 second a lap maybe, which is huge for them, but when you're 2-3 seconds off their pace there is obviously still time to gain even with using TCS.

For my driving style and at my pace the only thing TCS does is save my butt when I accidentally give it too much throttle. I'm not skilled enough to push the car through turns to the point of oversteer and catch it consistently enough. So for now I will use TCS with the cars that tend to oversteer until I have more experience.

This is why I've given up on trying to be a hero who doesn't use TCS. I recently turned it back on(for certain vehicles) and my pace increased by a second. The myth that TCS slows you down only really applies to drivers like Igor and the rest of the aliens. And even the amount it would slow them down would only be .5 second a lap maybe, which is huge for them, but when you're 2-3 seconds off their pace there is obviously still time to gain even with using TCS.

For my driving style and at my pace the only thing TCS does is save my butt when I accidentally give it too much throttle. I'm not skilled enough to push the car through turns to the point of oversteer and catch it consistently enough. So for now I will use TCS with the cars that tend to oversteer until I have more experience.
Don't give up. Typically I'm faster with traction control set to 0. On hard to control cars like the GR3 Ford GT setting TCS to 1 is better for me.

This car sounds good. But is so tail happy. The 97 version is more fun to drive because of this. Anyways great video. Still don’t know how they push so hard I’ll just spin out or
understeer all the time with G29. :D I keep trying to convince myself that if I get a Fanatec csl elite I would improve. But 2+ seconds improve? maybe, maybe not. :(

Back