Igor Fraga Will Race a GT300 Lexus in the 2023 Super GT Championship

• Thread starter Famine
  • 55 comments
Didn't he start out on Forza, though? I also recall from one of his streams that he's played ACC (though he never posted a video on it).
He may have, but on controller only and not for long IIRC, hence my use of the phrase "pretty-much".

The vast majority was on GT and since he switched to a wheel it would have to have been something like 99%+ of the time.

Last edited:
Congrats, Igor! Keep Pushing!

(While PD doesn't put his car in the game, I'm working on my version of Super Formula Toyota).

S_Company East_.jpeg

Does Fraga have an official role at PD these days?

Is he being funded by PD/Sony?

I wish the guy well, but I'm struggling to understand why PD's social media are essentially acting as his full-time PR team? I have PD & Kaz's posts on notification, pretty much every tweet has been about Fraga's racing exploits, or GTWS related matters. This at a time when there's so much discontent in the GT community and so little info on the future direction of the series. It seems tone deaf to extend so much time & effort on an elite 1% of players, while you completely ignore your mass market playerbase.

Online racing and GTWS winners moving into real world racing should be a cool addition to Gran Turismo. It should not be your entire focus or lead to an inferior single-player product. I really hope Kaz, PD devs and GTWS players with influence are reading on. None of them would have the opportunities they have today without the broader GT playerbase. They need to be given something back or you will see this increasing pushback.

This at a time when there's so much discontent in the GT community and so little info on the future direction of the series.
This has been the state of the community since 2016. I'm surprised you've only caught on now.

Last edited:
It's an SF Lights car, effectively F3 level.

Would be perfect for online racing, then again so would Porsche Cup cars, and various other single-make racers.

But PD don't seem to be in touch with what their own game needs!
So true, the fact that the game has been out for over a year and we have the same 3 high paying races it a total Joke

So true, the fact that the game has been out for over a year and we have the same 3 high paying races it a total Joke
That is disappointing to me too mate.

If we have to grind, which we do unless we have deep pockets, we absolutely need some variety too.

Last edited:
Racing esports will always be a joke until meaningful damage is coded. 90% of the ‘incidental contact’ that racing games drive away from would result in at least a puncture. I’m not sure if any game models this, but I guarantee no current console game does.

This detail alone allows racing games to look stupid if you are after realism. I guarantee Fraga is a bloody sight more careful around other real cars than he was as a Gran Turismo champion..!

Racing esports will always be a joke until meaningful damage is coded. 90% of the ‘incidental contact’ that racing games drive away from would result in at least a puncture. I’m not sure if any game models this, but I guarantee no current console game does.

This detail alone allows racing games to look stupid if you are after realism. I guarantee Fraga is a bloody sight more careful around other real cars than he was as a Gran Turismo champion..!

I do wonder whether a proper, realistic damage model would make online rammers better or worse? Like if you rammed someone yeah it’d take them out of the race, but also yourself too - so would it be worth it?

Maybe if there was some kind of insurance system, like get an AI referee to determine whose fault the crash was, and whoever did it would have to pay for the repair to their victim’s car, as well as their own. Although i think maybe quite a good idea in theory, it would probably make more people stop playing entirely than Sony and PD may want.

I do wonder whether a proper, realistic damage model would make online rammers better or worse? Like if you rammed someone yeah it’d take them out of the race, but also yourself too - so would it be worth it?

Maybe if there was some kind of insurance system, like get an AI referee to determine whose fault the crash was, and whoever did it would have to pay for the repair to their victim’s car, as well as their own. Although i think maybe quite a good idea in theory, it would probably make more people stop playing entirely than Sony and PD may want.

i think the solution for games like GT7 with an economy system is for repairs to cost money/credits. You want ‘realism’ in a game, make the rammers lose credits repairing their totaled car, and if the in game system adjudicates it was their deliberate fault, make them pay for their victim’s damage too..! Make races have a credits entry fee, I guarantee the rammers will be too broke to enter one..!

Obviously, this needs to be a room option, otherwise the game will lose 90% of the player base, but clean room hosts would deter a lot of the trolls by forcing paid repairs on…

Back