ILink port question

I have firewire aka ILink on my computer. is it possible to hook up my computer to the PS2? could i just plug it in and like get video? i'm afrid to do it now cause i dont want to fry anything. anyone tried it before??

I didn't fry anything however when I did it the computer asked for a driver to power the "accessory". Since I didn't have a driver to teach it to "read" the PS2 you just get nothing. I am currently looking for a way to view it on my computer as well however I think it will come down to recording the replay to a VHS tape, etc then using the videocard on my computer to record it off a VCR. If anyone else has anything to add I'm eager to find out more too.

Well if you can record to your PC from VCR, then you can probably also plug in your PS2 directly into your videocard (which is what I do, though I have a separate TV card). But the PS2 does not send it's videosignal to it's iLink port, so no, that's not going to give you anything.

I think if you install the PS2 Linux kit (available since last December) there might just be a driver that can do it by now ...

Back