I'm a car moron and need help.

There, I said it.

Now, I have a major problem with a few really nice cars (Mostly MR cars). What are some beginner friendly things to make an MR car oversteer less? Should I spend 50 000 Credits on TCS and ASM? I have every other part for all my cars, so why not a few more (actually, I have over 50 cars on my current working memory card, which would make this task a real pain. The other one has all my "Special" cars, like the Cusco Impreza, Escudo, the many racing Skylines in GT2, etc.).

The best tool to correct oversteer or understeer is the Limited Slip Differential. My mind has gone blank at the moment, but i sure it is able to be fitted to a MR. Adjust the settings to the right (when the diff is fitted) and the oversteer should disappear. Be careful to make small adjustments at first though. It can radically change the handling characteristics of the car 👍

An LSD helps an MR car, but learning to ease back on the throttle and easing onto the throttle when decelerating and accelerating might help out. Also, try increasing the rear damper bound and rebound settings...not maxed, but higher than 5/5 or 5/5 or whatever the cars start at.

I don't reccomend the TCS or ASC at all. They make the car handle worse, or take away some of the "road feel" of a car that's loosing control.

TCS can be used for high-powered rear drive cars and basically it's supposed to minimize wheelspin. I don't use it too often, but sometimes it helps. You can adjust it fully to the right so that you get almost no wheelspin (hardly any smoke off the tires) or you can shift it more towards the left to make your car a bit more ....exciting.

ACSC or whatever doesn't seem to affect FR cars taht much, but seems to help MR cars, especially high-powered ones. It seems to help a lot with braking in my experience, especially if you're braking into a corner and don't want to lose all your speed, yet you're having a problem with sliding. It's not a wonder drug, though. It won't cure all your problems..it's more of an aid. Automotive game purists tend to shun these 2 devices, but I say give them a try if they'll help you win.

heres a simple tip to reduce oversteer some. but note that it might reduce handling a little. just get sticky tires in the rear like super soft or soft slicks, and get hard slicks or sports tires in the front. (ive never tried it so im just guessing here)

Korndawg
heres a simple tip to reduce oversteer some. but note that it might reduce handling a little. just get sticky tires in the rear like super soft or soft slicks, and get hard slicks or sports tires in the front. (ive never tried it so im just guessing here)

Yeah, it works. I used to do this with FR cars in GT1 alot. Nowadays, I tend to do the opposite (stickier tires up front) which makes the car drift and slide more. Sometimes with MR cars, I'll use the sticky tires in the rear, though.

Korndawg
I use that system for GT1 and it works so it should work in GT2. The FR & MR cars still slide around but with corrective steering you can get the front sliding as well.

Latest Posts

Back