• 18 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
Yes!!! It's true!!! I'm headed up to Indy this Friday, so I'll get to see qualifying the next day, and then the one and only United States Grand Prix! :D

On Saturday, there's also going to be a big event for vintage F1 collectors, and they'll have them on display for everyone to see! You can read a list of all the cars that will be making an appearance here.

Then, on Sunday before the race, the Porsche Pirelli Supercup will take place, along with the Ferrari Challenge (featuring 360 Modena's...including the one in GTP's logo)!

We've got great seats for the race, the very top row in section J, where we will be able to overview the large majority of the circuit. Man, I'm so excited! I've never been to a real motorsports event, and I've never even seen an F1 car - this will be an awesome weekend! :eek:

And, of course, I'll be sure and take lots of pictures and post them here when I get back... :D

Originally posted by Jordan
Yes!!! It's true!!! I'm headed up to Indy this Friday, so I'll get to see qualifying the next day, and then the one and only United States Grand Prix! :D

On Saturday, there's also going to be a big event for vintage F1 collectors, and they'll have them on display for everyone to see! You can read a list of all the cars that will be making an appearance here.

Then, on Sunday before the race, the Porsche Pirelli Supercup will take place, along with the Ferrari Challenge (featuring 360 Modena's...including the one in GTP's logo)!

We've got great seats for the race, the very top row in section J, where we will be able to overview the large majority of the circuit. Man, I'm so excited! I've never been to a real motorsports event, and I've never even seen an F1 car - this will be an awesome weekend! :eek:

And, of course, I'll be sure and take lots of pictures and post them here when I get back... :D
I wish I could go! Dont rub it in our faces!

Great Jordan, have fun and I will be looking foward to seeing pictures. We will hold the Fort down for ya. ;)

SWEET!:D Have fun Jordan!

Take a LOT of pictures...;)

We'll keep everything runnin' smooth...:D

Bring along earplugs, I went last year and the sound is deafening from the first car out of the pits. My seats are in the Tower Terrace right at the pit exit. Have a great weekend

Sweet move mate - getting to any race is very cool.

I keep meaning to go to a race over here in Europe, but I'm saving up for the full works; VIP passes and everything at Monaco - that's the big one for me...or maybe Malaysia....or maybe Australia.

Should be an awesome race though - I'm exceedingly jealous you're going. My Williams boys should be rocking on that track - check out the BMW Power on that massive curve and home straight. Schumacher Junior and JPM all the way!!

Later

J

Originally posted by Josh
SWEET!:D Have fun Jordan!

Take a LOT of pictures...;)

We'll keep everything runnin' smooth...:D

I was gonna say the same thing... That sounds awesome jordan!! I think I am jealous!! :eek: :D

Jordan, r u gonna get one of those cards for the paddock area like i saw on US Grand Prix View?

Originally posted by ZeroCool85
Jordan, r u gonna get one of those cards for the paddock area like i saw on US Grand Prix View?
I don't have one now, but I will do everything I can to get my hands on one at the race... :)

Well, I've got to to load the bags into the car now... (rub, rub!) :P :D

Originally posted by Jordan
I don't have one now, but I will do everything I can to get my hands on one at the race... :)

Well, I've got to to load the bags into the car now... (rub, rub!) :P :D

Dude, you suck! Just kidding... I'm really happy for ya that you get to go. Enjoy yourself, and when the racers asking you to kindly step out of "their car" try not to make a scene. :D

I hope to be able to go next year, as my first 10 years worth of b-day presents!

FIREdevil.gif

Good morning everyone! I had a really good message typed up last night, and I was uploading some pictures, but the CrapFTP software I was using crashed when my battery started to run down! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm in a hurry now, but let me tell you what's been going on here in Indy. Yesterday afternoon, we pulled into our hotel, to be met with an army of Williams vehicles! And then, there's a William's F1 car sitting in the lobby!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I believe it's probably a replica, since you could nudge the rear wheel with your hand and it moved very easily... :D

Last night, I got a chance to ask the valet guys if any of the drivers were staying here. Sure enough, they said Montoya and R. Schumacher had walked in earlier! :eek: Michael Schumacher was also on the guest list for tonight, but apparently he had a change of plans and stayed somewhere else. :(

Here's some pictures of the F1 car in the lobby. Sorry there's not one showing the whole car, but I don't have time to upload it right now. Go to http://gtplanet.net/images/usgp/day1.

Gosh, I am at a loss for words... This is spectacular! Never, ever have I experienced anything like my first contact with a F1 circuit or the F1 cars.

I have so much to say, and not enough time to say it! I'm going to put up these two pictures for the time being, enjoy!

And yes, that one was taken standing on the track... :D :eek: :D

https://www.gtplanet.net/images/usgp/day2

Back