I'm totally confused O_o

• Thread starter Stew2000
  • 8 comments
Stew2000
I got my rank in EL mode to 500 and had a race on the Dragon Range and lost (sadly), and ever since, my rank keeps going down. I'm now back down to 600 and somethin'.
:nervous:

When you lose a race you rank drops. I found it impossible to get to rank 1, i got as far as rank 3 but it wouldnt go any higher no matter how many races i won.

Its been a while since I played EPR but it basically breaks down like this.

Your ranking points are only based on the best nine results over a twelve week period, they are not cumulative.

So you have to be very carful about the odds and therefore the points you score for each race. You can win races, but if the points you get for the win reduce the overall number of points scored you will drop rank.

I suspect that after lossing at DR you took part in a few races with lower odds (and maybe changed car as well), this would have the effect of dropping your rank. Keep doing it and it will keep dropping.

Lost weeks can also cause a problem in the same way if you change car a lot or have to sit out a week from dropped Enthusia points.

Have a read of this post which may help more.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1971658&postcount=39

Regards

Scaff

Stew2000
That is the most strangest points system i've ever seen O_o

Yes it is, and I'm quite sure it did Enthusia no favours at all in a lot of peoples eyes. EPR is a great game, but the entire points system, method of obtaining cars (or not as it like ot do) and the whole menu and interface system is a mess.

Its a shame as I can imagine a lot of people trying EPR out and returning it simply because they don't have a damn clue what is going on.

Regards

Scaff

Scaff
Yes it is, and I'm quite sure it did Enthusia no favours at all in a lot of peoples eyes. EPR is a great game, but the entire points system, method of obtaining cars (or not as it like ot do) and the whole menu and interface system is a mess.

Its a shame as I can imagine a lot of people trying EPR out and returning it simply because they don't have a damn clue what is going on.

Regards

Scaff

It is a shame indeed, but I don't regard the points system as a mess, because it serves perfectly the purposes for which it was designed.

purpose #1 - Anybody with minimum skills can unlock a supercar and win all races against "Not so super" cars. So let's punish those who try to get to 1st spot using that technique.

purpose #2 - Anybody with minimum skills and even without using "cheat 1" can acumulate enough points in a long period. Let's force people to be consistent racers in a shorter period. So it's the 9 out of 12 last results that count.

purpose #3 - Anybody with minimum skills and even without using "cheat 1" and "cheat 2" can learn a track so well that he always chooses, week after week, the same track to race. So, let's change things in the RS races, and create a "calendar", just to make sure that, if you want to be 1st in the rankings, you have to do it:

a) with a car that is leveled with the rest of the grid;
b) with the results you got from your last 12 races;
c) racing in several circuits.

Can this be done in another way? Sure it can (splitting the game in championships, with only a few cars authorized to enter them ... TRD does it) but - in my view - it wouldn't be as gratifying as it is this way, where you are free to do what you want, and to take the consequences of your choices.

Theres a way to 'cheat' that the game can't fix though. Every time you are happy with a race, save the game. Next time you lose or do badly, reload from your last good race, unforunately Enthusia's system can't stop this, but you still have to do the race over, so it doesn't make it any easier, just helps if you are unlucky enough to make a bad mistake in a race, or something about the AI, etc.

I think that Enthusia's point/ranking system is a good idea, but it's poorly explained and rather difficult to figure out on your own. Just win, and let things happen as they may :)👍

Back