Imports

• Thread starter supra229
  • 22 comments
I'm only 14 but from what I know of imports is you tune them up and look at them. Most (fortunely) are against street racing but if this is so what do you do with your cars? do you race them on track because I haven't seen many imports racing on track? Or do you just upgrade them for show? My point is - what is the point of import tuning?

Don't forget, most Import Tuners aren't "import tuners". That is to say, most of us who tune imports keep our cars looking mostly stock from the outside. When we race, nobody except us notices. Of course, there's also the issue of the fact that "import tuners", AKA ricers, compose most of the street racers. The real tuners mostly stick to the back roads, the canyons, and the mountain pass.

Originally posted by Takumi Fujiwara
Huh? I don't quite get how that could be interpreted as anything but a normal statement....Much less a rhetorical question.

You trying to persuade others that a real smooth tuna can only be recognized by going to mountain passes? Why did you even say that?

Originally posted by Takumi Fujiwara
When we race, nobody except us notices.

Because you're so slow that it looks like you're just accelerating normally?:P

Just messing with you. I couldn't resist.

Originally posted by Josh
Because you're so slow that it looks like you're just accelerating normally?:P

Just messing with you. I couldn't resist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And VIPERGTSR01, Josh is a mod, he can do whatever the h*ll he pleases. On the board at least.

What is a Mod icon? If you are talking about his avatar, there is no such thing,if you are talking about his title, they can change those as they please.

Originally posted by supra229
what is the point of import tuning?
Does everyone who buys a porsche race?
Most tuners just want to drive a fast car, and using imports is a cheap way to do it - generally
So a better question might be "why do people like to drive fast cars?", which is most people that do drive.

I would ask kid's to not modify their cars and build up a brag list of modifications until they could drive their car to it's full potential, but they would say they know how to drive.

:rolleyes:

Seeing how kids would come out of the high school parking lot, no they don't know how to drive sensibly on the street. And seeing how they drive at the autocros... wait... None of them do show up there. Well, sometimes you'll see some idiot in a riced out Mustang or something, come in halfway through the day, and check out all the cars.

I think once someone is consistantly winning their class in autocrossing, or cannot get any faster at the track, even after trying different techniques, then they can mod their car. Otherwise, they should stick with what they have.

Originally posted by Goomba
I would ask kid's to not modify their cars and build up a brag list of modifications until they could drive their car to it's full potential, but they would say they know how to drive.

:rolleyes:

Seeing how kids would come out of the high school parking lot, no they don't know how to drive sensibly on the street. And seeing how they drive at the autocros... wait... None of them do show up there. Well, sometimes you'll see some idiot in a riced out Mustang or something, come in halfway through the day, and check out all the cars.

I think once someone is consistantly winning their class in autocrossing, or cannot get any faster at the track, even after trying different techniques, then they can mod their car. Otherwise, they should stick with what they have.

Well put, Goomba. I agree with that 100%.

I remember the days of highschool parking lot races. And how lame they would be. We had an on-campus rentacop that would hand out Warnings for aggressive driving, how frightening. :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by toyomatt84
Well put, Goomba. I agree with that 100%.

I remember the days of highschool parking lot races. And how lame they would be. We had an on-campus rentacop that would hand out Warnings for aggressive driving, how frightening. :rolleyes: :D

It seems like kids just try to prove to other one that his prick is bigger than the next guys. We have a cop there, but he's always inside and never hands out tickets.

I guess it'll happen with everyone. I did stupid things in the Hyundai, dangerous things. I just hope they learn the same way I did. Hopefully they'll also realize their Honda Civic is slow.

Originally posted by 19xx
You trying to persuade others that a real smooth tuna can only be recognized by going to mountain passes? Why did you even say that?

Sorry, I phrased it badly. I meant that the true tuners aren't the guys you see on the city streets dragging. The real guys go to secluded spots that almost nobody knows about, and race in the early hours of the morning.

About nobody noticing because we go slow....

Well, sadly, while it isn't true of many, I am pretty dang slow. :lol:

Back