In what platforms will you want GT4 game???

• Thread starter pokerapar
  • 18 comments
PS1 couldn't handle GT4, period.

As for PC... the breakdown is pessimistic. PS2's main rival is the Microsoft X-box. The same Microsoft that does Windows 2000/Me/XP. The same MS that was accused and convicted of monopolistic business practices. Think about it...

Originally posted by viper_maniac
I would really hate if Microsoft tried to get GT4. Monopoly bastards. I would switch to Linux so fast.

Yeaaaaaa ....... and what exactly would you do with Linux?

~LoudMusic

Uhh... learn interesting expletives?

Just remember that Linux's delete is permanent, and it won't ask "Are you sure?" unless you tell it to ask you.

I would like to see it on the PS3 console! But if the wait is just too long, I can be more than satisfied seeing it on the PS2 console. If memory serves me correctly, the GT Series is proprietary to the Sony Console systems . . . . . therefore, regardless what we would "Like" to see it on, Sony has this one in their pocket. Which, IMHO, is where it should be. :D

Originally posted by viper_maniac
I would really hate if Microsoft tried to get GT4. Monopoly bastards. I would switch to Linux so fast.

Relax - Sony themselves own Polyphony Digital and the Gran Turismo series, not some third party developer. Unless of course Microsoft buy Sony...

Originally posted by vat_man

Relax - Sony themselves own Polyphony Digital and the Gran Turismo series, not some third party developer. Unless of course Microsoft buy Sony...

They've got the money :lol:

But yeah, not gonna happen

If the GT4 is to appear on xbox (i can see it happen...) the role of polyphonyD would be that of a third party developer...duh:P

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
If the GT4 is to appear on xbox (i can see it happen...) the role of polyphonyD would be that of a third party developer...duh:P

No - what I meant was that Polyphony IS Sony - the GT series is an in-house production. And I can't see Sony doing stuff for the X-Box

Originally posted by vat_man

No - what I meant was that Polyphony IS Sony - the GT series is an in-house production. And I can't see Sony doing stuff for the X-Box

I see...but I wouldn't be too sure since Sega also signed quite some games to xbox and are in their first stages of co-operation with Sony. But then again, Sega isn't doing very well in europe for instance in the contrary to Sony. Ahh Sony Schmony! Sega Schmega! :weird:

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001

I see...but I wouldn't be too sure since Sega also signed quite some games to xbox and are in their first stages of co-operation with Sony.

Yes - that would be because their platform (ie. the Dreamcast) fell over. As long as Sony are producing the Playstation platform (in whatever guise) the GT series will be exclusive to Playstation.

I would suggest that if (God forbid) Sony terminate the Playstation series they would sell off their development houses rather than produce for other platforms.

Sony's main source of revenue for the Playstation platform is software licensing fees, charged as part of the cost of each game sold, including third party produced software - which is why the Sony platform has had such a wide range of developers and games.

If they stopped making Playstation, that source of revenue would be gone, and I suggest so would Sony's interest in the computer enterainment industry. There simply isn't the money in software development to hold their interest.

GT is made by Sony, so it should only go on thier stuff. They should make a deal that if you buy a Sony PC, you get a GT4 add on or something that you can only get with the computer.

But I hope they don't do this, I got a new Dell, I won't be able to get it.
:(

Originally posted by MazKid
GT is made by Sony, so it should only go on thier stuff. They should make a deal that if you buy a Sony PC, you get a GT4 add on or something that you can only get with the computer.

But I hope they don't do this, I got a new Dell, I won't be able to get it.
:(

If that were so, do you know how easily people could crack that? Think of it this way:
I found several working versions of 3d Studio Max, all easily worth more than 3K US dollars. Think that if they could crack that hardware search, somebody wouldn't be able to crack one for GT4?

Back