IndyCar IR-18 Reportedly Coming to Forza "This Season"

That's a repost of the same source information @GTPNewsWire shared last week. No new information.

Oh damn. That article popped up in my Google News feed and then I posted it here ... Didn't get a chance to read it through . Maybe the new IndyCar will be a free download, or it could be in one of the 2 new car packs coming out? I was really hoping there would be news of an IndyCar expansion pack but I really think that would have been announced already for the Grand Prix of IMS...... Boo... .

Indy 500 is tomorrow. Not looking hopeful at this point now. What a waste of an opportunity .

Well, they may have decided to piggyback it on the June CU... It's a bit of a waste of a PR opportunity, but on the other hand, they already have two very publicized Bounty Hunter events with the old car running.

And then of course there is the possibility that the information was wrong and the DR18 may be headed for FM8 (something that I assume is a given). Well... We are bound to know which is which, sooner or later. :lol:

Well, they may have decided to piggyback it on the June CU... It's a bit of a waste of a PR opportunity, but on the other hand, they already have two very publicized Bounty Hunter events with the old car running.

And then of course there is the possibility that the information was wrong and the DR18 may be headed for FM8 (something that I assume is a given). Well... We are bound to know which is which, sooner or later. :lol:

There would have been a lot more excitement and build-up with the new IndyCar and the Indy bounty hunter together for the month of May. Maybe it will be part of the June pack, but damn what a wasted opportunity to have an May Indycar pack or something of the sort.

Now that we're in the back half of the season, I'm really wondering about the timing of any IndyCar update.
Since it's confirmed they aren't currently working on 8 and are giving 7 an extra long shelf-life, I'm now wondering if they plan to push a hypothetical Indy expansion to next May to coincide with the next 500?

An IndyCar /IMSA expansion would be amazing!
We've been over this road months ago, we all speculated. It never happened. Don't think it will but who knows, only T10 does. What I think is T10 will continue to support and fix Forza 7 for the remainder of this year then will move on to the next game.

A full Indy car expansion would be pretty fun. Not just new IR-18 cars, but a new track and hopefully some classic Indy cars, too. Bring back the Watson Roadster. How about the STP-Paxton Turbocar, or the Lotus 56 Turbine? So many great cars we haven't gotten yet.

That would be cool a full Indy pack like how they did nascar would be sweet. It’s possible they could do that later this year or at the start of next season maybe even formula e as well and add the tracks to go with it. I don’t think they need a new forza Motorsport 8. Maybe just add dlc like this.

With rummers of Fernando Alonso coming to Indy, and gtr3 video game being a world endurance racing sponsor game. Forza should jump onto Indy for dlc cars, tracks and even formula e.

That would be cool a full Indy pack like how they did nascar would be sweet. It’s possible they could do that later this year or at the start of next season maybe even formula e as well and add the tracks to go with it. I don’t think they need a new forza Motorsport 8. Maybe just add dlc like this.

With rummers of Fernando Alonso coming to Indy, and gtr3 video game being a world endurance racing sponsor game. Forza should jump onto Indy for dlc cars, tracks and even formula e.

Agreed

Still waiting........
I think it’s probably best to just accept we probably won’t be getting an IndyCar expansion any time soon. If anything I’d expect Forza 8 to just launch with the IR-18. Seems like T10 are more focused on fixing the games faults than on releasing an expansion.

Plus we already have the 2017 IndyCars anyway, so I imagine they’ll just be replaced in Forza 8 with updated equivalents.

I think it’s probably best to just accept we probably won’t be getting an IndyCar expansion any time soon. If anything I’d expect Forza 8 to just launch with the IR-18. Seems like T10 are more focused on fixing the games faults than on releasing an expansion.

Plus we already have the 2017 IndyCars anyway, so I imagine they’ll just be replaced in Forza 8 with updated equivalents.

No surrender!

Back