IndyCar IR-18 Reportedly Coming to Forza "This Season"

PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I think 98% of my posts on here have been regarding the IR-18 IndyCar in the Forza game. I have been waiting for this day for over a year, and I hope that I am not disappointed. Fingers are crossed, and will remain that way until the announcement next week.

Good thing they are continuing the support. Although two or three new cars are not much. Lets see how this turns out, but i expect something at the time of Indy 500.

7ee63814-d849-4b75-abf5-894b504c88c7.jpg

Alternate angle posted on FB.

That need to make an indy game just like they do for f1. Make it separate not add on dlc. Like f1 2019 is doing history with senna and f2 races. So they need to make an Indy racing game.

Last edited:
That need to make an indy game just like they do for f1. Make it separate not add on dlc. Like f1 2019 is doing history with senna and f2 races. So they need to make an Indy racing game.

My concern with a stand-alone IndyCar game is who the developer would be. We haven't had a good track record of quality IndyCar games/sims in a very long time. I would be happy with full expansion packs for Forza Motorsport, Project Cars, Asseto Corsa, I'Racing..... Etc.....

My concern with a stand-alone IndyCar game is who the developer would be. We haven't had a good track record of quality IndyCar games/sims in a very long time. I would be happy with full expansion packs for Forza Motorsport, Project Cars, Asseto Corsa, I'Racing..... Etc.....
Although we dont fully know what's in the upcoming IndyCar update but I'm sure with T10 they didnt go all out. And this was their chance to do that. The addition of mid-late 60s indys, late 70s, early 90s and then these modern ones along with a whole robust career mode going from the historics and working your way to the modern 2019 machines. Then a good pack of 3-4 tracks maybe 2 being historics and the other 2 being mid Ohio and belle isle. that would be a proper IndyCar expansion.

Although we dont fully know what's in the upcoming IndyCar update but I'm sure with T10 they didnt go all out. And this was their chance to do that. The addition of mid-late 60s indys, late 70s, early 90s and then these modern ones along with a whole robust career mode going from the historics and working your way to the modern 2019 machines. Then a good pack of 3-4 tracks maybe 2 being historics and the other 2 being mid Ohio and belle isle. that would be a proper IndyCar expansion.

I am not delusional in thinking this is a full blown expansion..... At this point I am just happy to have the UAK18 and a few retro IndyCars. I doubt we are getting any tracks.
I am more surprised that Turn10 has not released any new track dlc in general....

My concern with a stand-alone IndyCar game is who the developer would be.

Codemaster could easily repurpose the eccellent underpinnings of the upcoming F1 2019 to create an IRL game. They wouldn't have too hard of a time with it, either - if they can model 10 different car models every year, they can surely develop two (well, actually just one, now that we have the Universal Aero Kit). And they have already worked with the Indy Racing League (all the way back in 2003, producing a game that was rather well-received, if memory serves correctly).

The problem is that such a game would hardly sell outside of the US, and the gaming press would likely recommend people get F1 2019 instead (as was the case in 2003, when the exclusive F1 title was developed by Studio Liverpool and available only on PS2!). Adding in a well-fleshed out career mode, or maybe a "build your team" mode, would make it a better proposition, but it would still be a terribly niche title overall. I feel the head honchos of the IRL figured out the same thing, and that's why they are licensing out their cars to multiple games instead of going the F1 way.

Personally, I'd take some more Indycar love in the next Forza Motorsport title. Bring back the Indy Lights, add in a couple of tracks, decent physics for the Dallaras, perhaps the option to fit them with the oval kit and see the downforce values change accordingly, sprinkle in some necessary improvements to the basic game dynamics (like a "race weekend" mechanic, better draft and tire degradation models, perhaps animated pitstops)... And it starts to be a very nice package for Indy fanatics.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd take some more Indycar love in the next Forza Motorsport title. Bring back the Indy Lights, add in a couple of tracks, decent physics for the Dallaras, perhaps the option to fit them with the oval kit and see the downforce values change accordingly, sprinkle in some necessary improvements to the basic game dynamics (like a "race weekend" mechanic, better draft and tire degradation models, perhaps animated pitstops)... And it starts to be a very nice package for Indy fanatics.

Don't forget bring back the vintage Indy cars from FM6 and the Coyote from FM5 (and add some new ones).

Still interested to see if we get the red Firestones. Looked as though the Newgarden car may actually already have the AFP piece on it!

Based on the first pictures shown of the IR18, I was afraid we weren't going to get Firestone-branded tires.

Glad to see that fear was unfounded.

Its seems every new racecar has had the tyre branding, even the 911 RSR has it on one of the stream thumbnails and it doesn't in game, so maybe they will be retrofitting some cars too.

Back