IndyCar Series 2023 - The Official Game

• Thread starter er185es
  • 50 comments
Spain
Spain
Miami, FL – July 15, 2021 – Motorsport Games Inc. (NASDAQ: MSGM) (“Motorsport Games”), a leading racing game developer, publisher and esports ecosystem provider of official motorsport racing series throughout the world, announced today it has entered into gaming and esports licenses. The esports license was entered into with an intent by the parties to the license to form an exclusive relationship to develop official esports INDYCAR SERIES events. The debut title is expected to launch in 2023 on Xbox and PlayStation consoles as well as PC. The partnership additionally includes an esports agreement that could kickoff as early as this year. Details on competitions that will feature NTT INDYCAR SERIES athletes are expected to be announced at a later date.

“Motorsport Games and INDYCAR are thrilled to provide fans with a long overdue dedicated gaming experience,” said Dmitry Kozko, CEO of Motorsport Games. “After decades of world class racing, we cannot think of a more deserving league for a video game franchise. INDYCAR shares our commitment to bringing authentic experiences to motor racing enthusiasts. Fans can anticipate the NTT INDYCAR SERIES to meet the same level of excellence and immersive gameplay they expect from Motorsport Games.”

“Our partnership with Motorsport Games will bring the fierce competition of the NTT INDYCAR SERIES to a global gaming audience hungry for quality motorsports content,” said Mark Miles, President & CEO, Penske Entertainment. “Like the talent and depth of our field, INDYCAR’s universe continues to expand and grow rapidly. Motorsport Games is an industry leader with a track record of innovation and we know our fans will have 2023 and the debut of this new NTT INDYCAR SERIES video game circled on their calendars.”

Motorsport Games’ relationship with INDYCAR will produce a brand new franchise that has been eagerly anticipated by racing and gaming fans alike. INDYCAR’s bold, audacious and unapologetic style of racing is primed for a video game franchise built entirely around its expanding brand. North America’s premier open wheel racing series features a growing roster of rising young stars and talented veterans with global name recognition. These daredevil athletes compete across a uniquely challenging and diverse set of ovals, road and street courses.

“I am super excited our fans will be able to bring the NTT INDYCAR SERIES into their homes with this new video game franchise,” said Arrow McLaren SP driver Pato O’Ward. “This is such a great opportunity for fans to connect to our series even more, from watching us on the weekends to playing as us on their favorite tracks whenever they want.”

For more information, please visit: https://indycargame.com/

https://motorsportgames.com/motorsp...to-bring-the-official-indycar-game-to-market/

Motorsport seems to really care, looks like the genre is getting a breath of fresh air this gen.

Last edited:
Looking forward to finally playing a dedicated Indycar game again. Glad to see that this and BTCC are getting back into games since they're my two favorite motorsport series.

I'm starting to worry these Motorsports Games titles will just be shovelware that misses a lot of the finer details involved in each of the disciplines they are targeting.
Motorsport seems to really care, looks like the genre is getting a breath of fresh air this gen.
I haven't seen anything that indicates they care for anything besides money.

I'm starting to worry these Motorsports Games titles will just be shovelware that misses a lot of the finer details involved in each of the disciplines they are targeting.

I am very concerned about that as well. There are a lot of nuances to modern IndyCar racing, i'm very curious to see if they can pull it off. Regardless, I sincerely can't wait until this releases.

I have been waiting decades for this. I am literally so jacked up right now. Can't wait to get my hands on this game! Waiting is the hardest part.....

Nah I'm optimistic, I think if they didn't care they would probably have just ported over the HEAT series' assets to next gen, update the rosters and would have just called it a day. This video breaks it down best.

Last edited:
Nah I'm optimistic, I think if they didn't care they would probably have just ported over the HEAT series' assets to next gen, update the rosters and would have just called it a day. This video breaks it down best.

None of that changes the fact they now will be releasing at least 4 games in a span of 2 years with 3* of the featured series' undergoing major changes in that timespan (NASCAR has a new car next year, WEC has an influx of manufacturers set to enter in '23 plus new LMP2 regs in '24 and IndyCar has a new engine formula for '23 followed by a new chassis in '24, plus an insane turnover rate for tracks).

The workload combined with the fact these deals seem to be exclusive very much makes me wonder just where the games will be quality wise. It doesn't help that their parent company doesn't have the best reputation.

*I don't follow BTCC so I'm not sure what their status is as far as regulations.

Last edited:
None of that changes the fact they now will be releasing at least 4 games in a span of 2 years with 3* of the featured series' undergoing major changes in that timespan (NASCAR has a new car next year, WEC has an influx of manufacturers set to enter in '23 plus new LMP2 regs in '24 and IndyCar has a new engine formula for '23 followed by a new chassis in '24, plus an insane turnover rate for tracks).

The workload combined with the fact these deals seem to be exclusive very much makes me wonder just where the games will be quality wise. It doesn't help that their parent company doesn't have the best reputation.

*I don't follow BTCC so I'm not sure what their status is as far as regulations.
Well we better hope they have multiple teams in place assigned with each license then. In the meantime why don't you give this song a listen.

Last edited:
TBH, I'm personally not expecting this to be a monumental game. Indycar (for a top-level series) has what feels like a pretty niche audience, so I don't expect this to be a game that is super successful or make waves. Hopefully it's at least fun to play and relatively faithful beyond the tracks, teams and drivers.

All that being said, I'm extremely excited just to potentially have a chance to drive on my local street circuit, albeit virtually. :D

TBH, I'm personally not expecting this to be a monumental game. Indycar (for a top-level series) has what feels like a pretty niche audience, so I don't expect this to be a game that is super successful or make waves. Hopefully it's at least fun to play and relatively faithful beyond the tracks, teams and drivers.

All that being said, I'm extremely excited just to potentially have a chance to drive on my local street circuit, albeit virtually. :D
Yeah Barber's is about 90 minutes south of me so it would be kind of cool to be able to drive that track.

They have at least 3 development teams under them, 704 Games, Studio 397 and their own dev team in the UK doing the BTCC.

I think they're aiming to be like a Ubisoft/EA type thing where Motorsport Games is the overarching company looking after smaller individual developers who work on the projects.

BTCC's NGTC regs have stayed largely unchanged for the last 10 years. The main change for 2022 is the addition of hybrid power.

The point @Northstar was making when he said that they only care about money was that Motorsport Games is a business, and the sole purpose of running a business is to make as much money as possible from what the business sells. All these current racing game developers/publishers? They only want to make a profit from their games.

That being said, high-quality games are what sell generally (yes, there can be exceptions). I don’t think anything groundbreaking will come out of a game based on something as niche as IndyCar; if IndyCar fans and sim racing fans want a game my guess is it will probably sell anyway.

I do have quite high hopes for this. Could be a series that challenges and pushes Codemasters/EA with the F1 series too.

I can imagine this IndyCar game, along with a lot of the other titles coming out by Motorsport Games will probably draw quite heavily on the strengths of earlier CM games as Steve Hood (F1 series) and Paul Coleman (DiRT Rally) appear to be leading the development on these games.

Whereas Codemasters games have been stagnating for a while now and with Motorsport Games looking to start on a fresh foundation using Unreal Engine and not to mention having the benefits of rFactor 2s physics engine, if they can combine those elements with a in-depth and immersive career mode with solid online reliability then they will be on to a real winner with their upcoming games.

Seems we might get some info this weekend. I'm not expecting anything of substance, but who knows, maybe the 🤬-off investors have managed to pressure them into turning their act around... Ah who am I kidding, I'll be genuinely shocked if we get anything more than an interview with one of the developers giving us nothing more than generic marketing talk.

Seems we might get some info this weekend. I'm not expecting anything of substance, but who knows, maybe the 🤬-off investors have managed to pressure them into turning their act around... Ah who am I kidding, I'll be genuinely shocked if we get anything more than an interview with one of the developers giving us nothing more than generic marketing talk.

Not holding out much hope myself, have gone from automatic "Must pre-order" to I think we're going to have us a very sceptical wait and see here.

From what I've seen from guys who've been along, it's rFactor 2 as their "preview".

Images-emerge-of-2023s-IndyCar-video-game.jpg
Indycar-game-does-exist-hopefully-1536x864.jpg
Indycar-game-email-interior-1536x864.jpg
Motorsport-Games-Indycar-Newsletter-1536x864.jpg

Considering Ignition also debuted with some rather nice screenshots I find it really hard to get excited about these pics. I wonder how long it will be until we get a heavily edited gameplay video featuring one line from a song we'll have to hear a thousand times before the game launches.
Out of curiosity, where did you get these from?
There was a QR code at the booth they had at the track and upon scanning it they email the pics to you.

On a side note I definitely believe the disclaimer on the bottom of the page as that dude does not shy away from pointing out how terrible Motorsport Games has been thus far.

There was a QR code at the booth they had at the track and upon scanning it they email the pics to you.
Ah. That makes sense. I'd have probably seen them from somewhere if they were online.

The QR code from the Tweet worked, still.

Last edited:
They've now posted those pictures on their Twitter. More promo for a game coming out in 2023 than the BTCC game.

Arent they behind all the terrible nascar games?(Geniunely asking)

Edit: Ive did some light digging about this company and I give this zero chance. If you are the kind who smirks at others misery, look up their stock price graph.

Last edited:
Back