Infenion World Sports

• Thread starter Ram-Rod
  • 27 comments
United States
Texas
Now i plan on starting the 2 hour 45 min. race at Infineon. Im gonna watch the preview before i race being i dont know what car to race. It would be nice if you caould tell me a good one. I will have updates every 30 min. Wish me luck.

Ya but i have to wait about 90 more days until i get the Black cars. If i get the black cars would aMadza 787B do well, and make the race not entirly boring?

Well, I have changed my mind. I am not going to do the race until i get the Sauber. Only because i want a challenge and i want the Sauber.

I used the Toyota 7 Race Car '70. Totally stock on Racing Medium tyres. (TWICE!)
Its a real handful until you get used to it. If you can find a lineup without the Dodge Viper, Corvette C5R or Panoz present, its actually worth reasonable points too. You'll find my write-up(S) HERE
Hope it helps. The Minolta & Sauber will be overkill if you A-Spec it.
:cheers:

I'm afraid all of the cars you've mentioned make this race pretty easy.

The Minolta, Sauber and Audi would blow the competition out of the water.

As a matter of fact, just about ANY Group C/LMP car makes this Endurance easy. The only one that even offers "some" competition is the Nissan 390.

I did it with a stock Black 787B w/NO OIL (715hp) on R1s and won by a lap and a half (IIRC, it may have been more). And I went against the strongest lineup I could find: 92, 89, Jag, 787B and Audi R8.

So I could recommend that one. With an oil change it becomes easy again.

The Chapparal 2J is another good choice. It would be fun but still not terribly difficult. Getting used to the car would take a bit of work though :D

Other than that, just about any JGTC500 ride with a Turbo 3 (and maxed out downforce) might offer a decent challenge.

Ram-Rod
No not the Audi R8 the Audi S4 Race Car.

You mean the Audi A4 Touring Car? :confused:

Yeah, that might just work. Would probably have to go all the way up to a T4 though.

Try some test laps with a T3 and T4 and and tell us what times you're getting.

Ram-Rod
Question. What does T3 and T4 mean again?
I'll answer for jdw. What he's refering to is "Turbo 3" & "Turbo 4." I'd suggest going straight to T-4 however. I tested my AUDI TT Touring Car "Fully Loaded" at the GTWC "Hong Kong" race & got my "Clock Cleaned" :mischievous: I've used two different JGTC cars there & won both times. Unless you're an exceptional driver I don't think the AUDI has enough "Umpah!" (HP) :lol: ...O.G. :D

Hey jdw do you do a chassis refresh on the used Black LMPs before you drive them? Have you any info on how much it affects performance with and without the refresh? Does it increase tyre wear when a chassis goes off?

Smallhorses
Hey jdw do you do a chassis refresh on the used Black LMPs before you drive them? Have you any info on how much it affects performance with and without the refresh? Does it increase tyre wear when a chassis goes off?

Sorry, but I haven't compared.

Actually, I have two sets of black cars now because I oil changed the first set and I've been... umm... doing the points thing. :guilty:

Yes, I did a refresh on it.

Old Geezer
Don't know :confused: You're so busy trying to keep 'er on the Tarmac you can't look at the Tyre Gauge! :lol: ...O.G. :D

Shoot. Now I'm really :scared::scared::scared: :nervous: :nervous: :ill: !
Should find out in a couple of hours time, 11 hours past now, and 1577miles on the odometer...... :nervous:

I have been A and B speccing most of the races. I just lost (4th place) trying to use a 24000mile, oil changed, rigidity refreshed Minolta with R1s in B-spec. :ouch: My b-spec stats are quite good (8019/90/80/79), so that should not be the problem.

Any suggestions for a slightly better car for this endurance race? Or maybe even better settings?

I am guessing that something with similar performance but better grip and/or longer tire life would do the trick. 💡

--

I just run:
- 787B Black, it made 2nd.
- Formula One, it thoroughly trounced the race... by lap 10, after pitting it was still over 35 seconds ahead.

I'd still like a suggestion for a closer b-spec victory.

zPhoenix - Closer B-Spec victory.. Hmm.. Well it's just not possible because it's not even a victory in B-Spec! If you want a close race, get a JGTC-500 and drive it yourself, it's not too hard on good tyres with practice. If you can't do that, run your 787B yourself and you should win anyway because Bob can't drive. If you can't do that then go ahead and kick everybody's ass in with your T4 88C-V on R1s... I suppose it's not my place to tell you what's a good/fair/allowed race.

Er... One more point - 24,000 miles on an 88C-V, surely this is a used car? Where'd you get that?

Dark Elite
zPhoenix - Closer B-Spec victory.. Hmm.. Well it's just not possible because it's not even a victory in B-Spec! If you want a close race, get a JGTC-500 and drive it yourself, it's not too hard on good tyres with practice. If you can't do that, run your 787B yourself and you should win anyway because Bob can't drive. If you can't do that then go ahead and kick everybody's ass in with your T4 88C-V on R1s... I suppose it's not my place to tell you what's a good/fair/allowed race.

Er... One more point - 24,000 miles on an 88C-V, surely this is a used car? Where'd you get that?
1) I think you missed reading part of what I said in my post.... I already A-spec every race (except 24hr endurances which I don't care for) and I already use the weakest possible car/upgrades to maximize the challenge. I **ALSO** B-spec them, and it is with the B-spec that I was having trouble. One thing I have not yet tried is B-speccing that race with a brand-new Minolta. I'ts in my to-do list.

2) No, the 24,000 was not a "used car". In addition to racing I have been car-collecting, so I needed a "cash cow" for it. That Minolta at El Capitan was my cash cow while I slept. :sly:

1) Ok... I read it all but must have misunderstood some, sorry.

2) That is part of my point, are you saying you just run that race overnight on B-Spec to earn money?

Dark Elite
2) That is part of my point, are you saying you just run that race overnight on B-Spec to earn money?
Not this race. In addition to A-speccing all races, I B-spec all races. Some races, like the one I mentioned here and a couple of the Opel Speedster races I already beat in A-spec (and some of those I beat at 200 A-spec points) but have simply not yet been able to beat in B-spec.

The 24000 miles were from something completely separate and have nothing to do with any of the racing aspects of the game... I amused myself buying a lot of cars that I liked (most of them useless for game completion), and that required a lot of cash so I used the Minolta at El Capitan (total overkill) to make the cash while sleeping. I know there is no point to it, but it helps break the boredom when I get tired of "just racing".

Ram-Rod
Ok that helped. But how would a Audi Race Car do for a challenge. Would it be too hard?
May I suggest the Panoz? Yes it is incredibly slow. That is the point. Whether the race is actually winable with it is up to you.

The Esprante? Hmmm, Ani't no way im paying 4 million for it, and i dont know the race that gets me it, ill try it with my GT LM Race Car.

Back