Infiniti General Discussion- 2017 Q60 Coupe Arrival

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 159 comments
I still can't get over the kink in the rear windows. On the one hand, my god, it just looks dumb. On the other, if it weren't there, there wouldn't be a distinctive element there to separate it from the other luxury coupes. Overall, its a good looking car, but I don't think its going to expand the shopping base for the brand. If anything, I've become far less interested in Infiniti these past few years, and I still have yet to put my finger on why it is.

I still can't get over the kink in the rear windows. On the one hand, my god, it just looks dumb. On the other, if it weren't there, there wouldn't be a distinctive element there to separate it from the other luxury coupes. Overall, its a good looking car, but I don't think its going to expand the shopping base for the brand. If anything, I've become far less interested in Infiniti these past few years, and I still have yet to put my finger on why it is.

Because it looks like the design template melted in the sun before they hit production? Or that the cars are made of saltwater taffy? Or they're all named after f*Q-all?

Q60 Black S Concept.
infiniti-geneva-black-0001.jpg

infiniti-geneva-black-0002.jpg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/infiniti-q60-black-s-revealed-mark-renault-f1-partnership

I think it looks incredible :eek: The aero package complements the design of the Q60 IMO.

An interesting addition for a car I completely forgot was still on the market... a color-shift paint option, Black Opal Metallic, will be available on the Red Sport trim. Thanks to a shimmering iridescence, the Black Opal Metallic paint color shifts between blue, green, purple, and, of course, black, depending on where the viewer is standing, and what portion of the paint the light is catching.

1674587047294.png

1674587054846.png

The Q50 is now 10 years sans-facelift. In this segment, that's gotta be some kind of all time record, right? The E46 was around quite a while, but it got a facelift

Considering the Z platform is not, nor ever has been used for any SUV, not sure how you expect it
🤔

The Q50 is now 10 years sans-facelift. In this segment, that's gotta be some kind of all time record, right? The E46 was around quite a while, but it got a facelift
Current IS is nearly as old, but Lexus facelifted it a couple years ago. The E30 and E36 both lasted a long time without any real changes, but they basically had no competition beyond the oddball Pontiac or Alfa (in between dealer visits).

Last edited:
The Nissan Skyline, (the Japanese version of the Infiniti Q50), is getting a Nismo edition with 414 hp. Only 1000 will be made in Japan only

1691521661282.png

1691521609361.png

1691521623818.png

1691521633658.png

1691521645389.png

1691521689556.png

The suspension is "specially tuned" to reduce roll, though Nissan doesn't share exactly what's different. Sticky tires are mounted to exclusive 19-inch Enkei wheels that are lighter, wider, and stronger than those used on other Skylines. That allows for slightly wider tires at the rear, and when it comes time to stop, upgraded brake pads and a retuned ABS system shorten stopping distances.

Similar (but not identical) to the recently revealed Nissan Z Nismo, the twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 now makes 420 metric horsepower. That's 414 in SAE speak, and torque is also up to 406 pound-feet (550 Newton meters). In the electronics department, there are sport and sport+ driving modes to make the most of the engine and suspension changes. The performance modes also change the shifting behavior of the Skyline's seven-speed automatic transmission.

Nissan says the Skyline Nismo will launch in September, and only 1,000 are planned for production. Two trim levels will be offered – 900 in standard guise and 100 Skyline Nismo Limited versions that receive gunmetal wheels and special branding. It's a homage to the classic S54A-1 Skyline GT from 1964, but they won't launch until later in 2024. Prices start at 7,880,400 yen, which converts to approximately $55,000 as of August 2023.

Last edited:
I mean... props to Nissan for at least putting out a somewhat decent product, but good god the Skyline/Q50 is ancient. If someone told me this car was unveiled in 2014 I wouldn't question that for a second.

2025 Infiniti QX Monograph prototype has been unveiled. It previews the design for the next-gen QX 80, which is rumored to look just like this concept.

https___www.carscoops.com_wp-content_uploads_2023_08_2023-Infiniti-QX-Monograph-Concept-Pebble...jpg

https___www.carscoops.com_wp-content_uploads_2023_08_2023-Infiniti-QX-Monograph-Concept-Pebble...jpg

Still applies
The entire Infiniti brand in 2024 is just Big Altima Energy, for buyers with subpar credit who aren't even close to getting approved by other luxury brands, but are slightly less poor and get bigger tax returns. A new Infiniti Q50, for example, is a genuinely cheap car (at least in my area) after all of the discounts and incentives applied because it takes ages just to move them off dealer lots. The upcoming QX80 is the brand's only future product that's been confirmed- I wouldn't be surprised if the production versions of the electric concepts the brand previewed about a year ago get delayed as far as 2027 or 2028 or even cancelled altogether.

Last edited:
It's sad how Infiniti slowly fell from around Renault Nissan alliance, but especially in last 10 years. On the other hand even before alliance Infiniti was not selling that good. If MID4 was produced under Infiniti that would help the brand identity IMO which would attract people to other models.

Back