Infiniti General Discussion- 2017 Q60 Coupe Arrival

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 159 comments
Looks fantastic, though I see some Sonata in that center stack.

14xl6k3.jpg

sonata-interior-picture-165.jpg

There's a lot of Sonata/Mazda 6 in the exterior though. But it's Infiniti because it's swoopy.

Would look better without so much swoopy.

The front looks like what you'd think the Lexus IS was supposed to look like. What is it with the japanese and these hourglass/carafe shapes?

The front looks like what you'd think the Lexus IS was supposed to look like. What is it with the japanese and these hourglass/carafe shapes?

Agreed, but I think this Infiniti hourglass grill is better executed than on the Lexus.

That front quarter shot screams Maserati Quattroporte to me, but overall I like it.
Reminds me of a new Lexus IS from the front, 5-series from the side and probably something Jaguarish from the back.
Hope to see them letting people into one @NAIAS in a week.

So this is the G37 replacement? It looks gorgeous, I hope it drives well.

I thought the Q50 was the top-line, luxo boat the with the V8? Their naming convention is already far too confusing.

It's not their sports sedan? See, this Q naming is all qucked up.

I wish I had enough money to afford one. I'd walk into the dealership like, "yeah, I want to check out the new G sedan."

"It's actually called the Q50 now, sir."

"You don't make a G anymore?"

"It's been replaced by..."

*walks out*

Q50 could come wiith more engine options
Infiniti’s new Q50, the replacement for the G37 Sedan, goes on sale later this year with two powertrain options: a regular 3.7-liter V-6 and a hybrid system pairing a 3.5-liter V-6 with an electric motor.

These two powertrain options will come standard with rear-wheel drive, although Infiniti will also offer [all-wheel drive as an option.

More powertrain options are planned, though they won’t be offered for another two years, according to Infiniti’s head of global operations, Johan de Nysschen.

Speaking with Autoweek, the Infiniti exec said a turbocharged four-cylinder gasoline engine and a clean diesel engine are planned, though only the gas engine is confirmed for the U.S.

The diesel is intended primarily for the European market, though Infiniti is investigating the potential for a U.S. launch. As previously reported, this engine will likely be a turbocharged 2.1-liter four-cylinder.

Both engines will be derived from units developed by Infiniti alliance partner Mercedes-Benz for its C Class.
MotorAuthority

Q50 Eau Rouge

infiniti-q50-eau-rouge-concept-teaser-image_100448842_l.jpg

That's exactly what you can expect of the Q50 Eau Rouge, which leverages the brand's involvement with Formula 1 world champion Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull Racing for a new high-performance concept car that will make its global debut at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show. The "Eau Rouge" name is, of course, a reference to the famous corner at the Belgian Spa-Francorchamps circuit.

Key changes for the Eau Rouge edition include new aerodynamics and styling treatments, some of which are highlighted in the teaser image above. Full details will be revealed closer to the car's official unveiling.
Motor Authority

Silly name squared on this one.

Still, eager to see what Vettel's influence will be on the car in terms of actual performance. He's good on the track, but can he actually help in the development of a car?

Silly name squared on this one.

Still, eager to see what Vettel's influence will be on the car in terms of actual performance. He's good on the track, but can he actually help in the development of a car?

An Australian will follow you everywhere in the same car but will always get to your destination behind you.

What's a Q50, again? Is that the ungainly crossover, the slightly more gainly one or the full-sized sedan with the five-liter V8?

It's a what? Who's wearing lipstick?

Back