Infiniti's Prototype 9 is a Vintage Racer With a Modern Twist

I think it's cool that it's electric. It's an awesome blend of modern meets vintage. I really do hope it ends up as a DLC in GT sport too along with some other vintage Grand Prix cars, it'd be an interesting shootout.

I too think it's cool. Since it's not tearing apart a classic to stuff electric gubbins in (looking at you, Toyota), I've no problem with the old-meets-new approach. The company grille works too.

In terms of games, I wouldn't bet against it showing up in FM7. Forza introduced the Q50 Eau Rouge and Q60 Concept to the gaming world.

Looks fantastic, and so does the simplistic interior. I myself think the electric powertrain makes it even more attractive, but I've always liked electric cars. 👍

This is one of those occasions when manufacturers successfully create a modern interpretation of classic cars and get the styling right, unlike the DB Speedback GT, or, to quote an even worse example, the Growler E-Type. :ill:

A vintage racer with a modern twist...that modern twist being that it's modern and not at all vintage. Having said that, I think it's stunning; though it could use a bit of positive camber in front.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Joe Donaldson (@Joey D) on August 15th, 2017 in the Car Culture category.

Surely the title's backwards... it's a modern racer with a vintage twist.

A 'retro' machine from a company formed in 1989. Top kek.

Not really, Renault (whose alliance is with Nissan ie Infiniti) were there at the beginning of the motor racing scene.

Back