Inspiring Drift Video?

• Thread starter Mind SV
  • 80 comments
United States
United States
MiNdChArGeR
I had an idea, to make a video that would inspire people to drift

i would not be able to do this alone, i would like to have 5 others the help( not to many but enough to get enough clips

and if someone wants to be the one to put it together with a good editor, i only have WMM and Virtual Dub (which i dont know how to use)

i want this vid to be unique

who wants be a part in this:) :) :) :)

~Participants~
Perfect Striker (me)
Jap_Taxi
FaLLeNAn9eL
Niels
nightkids4ever
Toyota Drifter
BaTsBR
N35QU1K
TRi

I could supply some clips, I'd Like to be in.....I think my drifting is pretty up there....:nervous:

Let me know if you're ok with this

Edit: Would anyone want to see a BMW drifting on the high speed ring? If so ill upload it and you could include it in this film.....its pretty nice countersteered drifts.

Thats very cool, a video thats focussed on getting people to drift:dopey:
Maybe at the end of the video, direct the viewers to this site and tell them to search and read the stickies:scared:

For me, I have already been inspirated by some videos, just because some of them look so darn good:)

Niels
Thats very cool, a video thats focussed on getting people to drift:dopey:
Maybe at the end of the video, direct the viewers to this site and tell them to search and read the stickies:scared:

For me, I have already been inspirated by some videos, just because some of them look so darn good:)

THATS WHAT IM TALKING BOUT

cmon we need a few more people to get this started

think of some unique ways to do turns or transactions into other clips
example = come out of a drift do a spin stop recording halfway through, the do that again before another , with same camera view, record halfway through the spin and then drift some more

what type of music should we use,

to make a great movie, we need it to go along with the drifting

~Drift King~
what type of music should we use,

to make a great movie, we need it to go along with the drifting

(slowmo in the begining) classical like a piano.. or something then get into something crazy like tecno, trance or rock/metal (normal speed)

FaLLeNAn9eL
i would like to give it a shot, but my drifting isnt that great either :indiff: i could supply crash clips, im good at those :lol:

Me too, I'd like to take part of this but I'm too bad yet
But, crash clips I gotta a lot, ahhahahah]

FBI, TRI and Phanton D are some videos I really take a lot of inspiration
by the way, congrats to this teams

NO SUM41!!!:crazy::lol:

Use 2 different kinds of music. I like the rock, but maybe start out with something not full with guitar and rapid music in the beginning, and then move on to some cool rock, something very good:cool:

Oh damn I got some good ideas. Oh man I need a cap card:crazy::drool: I always get all excited when thinking about creating my own vid:dopey:

ok, i can see your point in not starting a fast paced rock song in the begining

so how bout the starting music is

All American Rejects - Move Along

download it and see if it meets your approval

I think you should put some metallica in the video. Maybe nothing else matters or St. anger. Ride the lightning would be good too.

Just don't put emo in there, because it will scare new drifters.

there is going to be 3 songs in the whole length of the vid becasue of the amount of people we have so make a few suggestions

we still need a name for a vid

and if someone wants to volunteer to do the editing, if no one volunteers, ill edit

then once we have all the stuff to make this movie possible then ,we drift :)

I probably won't be able to help, but if I may make a suggestion:
Use cars that require little/no setup at all- the cheaper the better.

Examples: Lotus Carlton, FC RX-7(D1GP), Ruf Yellowbird, Toyota AE86 S.S. version, etc.

All of those cars are easy to obtain and drift "right out of the box." I think that a new GT4 drifter may find it a hassle/too complicated/a waste of time/etc. to go buy a car, fully modify it, and correctly set it up for drifting(which can take a while if you don't know what you're doing).

one suggestion was to come to this site

or something like

We learned to drift and found good drift settings at GTPlanet

+ most of my cars are slightly tuned, mostly tuned in handling, i have enough money to tune every car but i dont waste my money

Heres a suggestion.......you know how in the need for speed underground series they start u off with like some hot car and ur in like a dream/trance (set by the whitish glow) and then u start with a rubbish car and work your way up. I think we should do it this way, I think there were a few people who said they werent so good at drifting here and wanted to be in the film...they could do the start and gradually progress through the movie till the cars are done up and can drift multiple corners linking and stuff like that. Kinda like a story to how GT4 Drifting started with everyone being new to the physics engine and learning.

Its just a brainstorming suggestion.

Suggestions for songs

Soil Work - The Bringer, Its a slow entrance with slow guitaring and then goes heavy with a good fast tune.

Cradle Of Filth - Hallowed Be Thy Name (Iron Maiden Cover) - Also slow entrance with keyboarding then gets fast and hardcore.

I think Tri already volunteered for editing.

Sorry if you didn't offcourse;) But I know he's very good in editing, you better not forget him!

For the music, metallica would be cool but I really think you should use some non-popular music too.
But I REALLY dont know what music that would be. But I know that it would have a far better effect than just having another song from metallica or something.

Please read these ideas if you like this video idea, I'm sorry it's a long post:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Music Idea 1:

I was thinking of :
Rammstein - Bang bang

It's really hated by some because it's very loud, but honestly, I can already imagine the drift clips popping by with the song in the background. It would give some life to it, some loud action. I would certainly be impressed by it. I always had the thought of making a drift vid with this music.

Perhaps I shouldn't have named that idea, I thought it was a pretty nice idea for a vid of mine, if I would ever get a cap card:nervous::guilty:
But go ahead. It's more fun if the song is used with some very good editing and the right purpose (the "wow:eek:" feel this vid should get). And when you are going to listen it, first set your mind a bit open to listen it;) I did the same with Idea 2 below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Music Idea 2:
I recently got some music from a friend of mine. It was DJ stuff, but I have always been into rock and stuff. But somehow I think one of the songs really fits in nicely with drifting, if done right.
I got 2 songs like this:
Bart Claessen - Playmo (he's dutch I think:dopey::D)
DJ Furax - Power
DJ Furax - Mad Traxx
DJ Furax - Calabria

I'm not thinking exactly of my favorite songs, but the songs that will fit in nicely. These "songs" have a REAL REAL unique touch over them compared to rock and other music types. I really think one of these songs would be very cool. Personally I like DJ Furax - Power in it. It has a very cool end too. Make sure u listen to that ending!
And when you are going to listen it, first set your mind a bit open to listen it. ALLOW yourself to listen to it;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music Idea 3:

Some song I downloaded last week is:
The Doors - Riders on the Storm
It's very slow, and long, but maybe if done right it would give a very unique feel to the video.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music Idea 4:
Now I didn't plan on posting this idea, but my iTunes list just switched to a song I forgot. It's a nice song, not with too much shouting, or weard DJ stuff, or Initial D (WICH WE ARE NOT GONNA INCLUDE, I WILL, repeat I WILL take care of that!).
Some songs that are worth downloading anyway:) I was thinking about U2 too:dopey:

Foo Fighters - Everlong
30 Seconds to Mars - From Yesterday
U2 - Elevation
U2 - Vertigo
Foo Fighters - Wattershed

Just my input though, you dont NEED to pick one of these. But I got carried away for a sec and thought I'd give some ideas of mine:)

ALSO NOTE: you shouldn't base your point of view on ONE song of a certain idea. I'd say download them all if you have some time.
For example Idea 2 can differ, one song could be very bad, and one very good. I dont know, just dont be biased please.

Idea 3 was done by DD awhile back. Worked well for their clip [3 laps at DF on xlink] - but I'm not certain how well it'd work for a compilation video as is planned here. ...it's not really an inspiring song.

I feel much the same about Everlong. Good song, I kinda question how easily it lends itself to drifting though, and it's kind of slow [even by Foo Fighter standards]. To get people excited about drifting, you'll have to pick an exciting song to accompany the clips.

Back