Interest Check: Forza 2 Racing Series

• Thread starter TopHat
  • 92 comments
killermrk
KillerMRK2
Ok, after I saw this picture:

bcfe44fa4018407aad08ce7sr0.jpg

I thought: Why not have a GTP racing league?

It would have special liveries, with sponsors, a number, and a racing team name.

It would still have to have divisions, and it would need separate rooms, because there would probably be more than 8 people per division.....

I'm thinking simulation damage on all of the time, full tire and gas consumption, and Horsepower/class restrictions.

We will be actually racing. :)

Track has yet to be determined, and we will be using B class cars.

CURRENT RACERS:

1. BMW318CiC - #3 BMW E46 M3
2. Joey D - #78 Datsun Fairlady Z 432R
3. KSaiyu - #27 Lotus Carlton
4. Rac-Uh.... MistaX- #72 Lotus Elise
5. YSSMAN - #9 Porsche 914/6
6. Dave A - ?????????
7. Tophaticent (Tito The) - #93 Corvette Grand Sport

The idea is awesome, but getting everyone to play at the same time is going to be a pain. That being said, I'll race every race I can.

Aaah. Good to see you Lino. Is the Supra still "Hibernating" this late in the spring? :sly:

Go make it in FM 2. :D

I'll accept your request next time I'm online. I don't spend much time on Xbox LIVE, HOWEVER that was before I got Forza. :D

I wonder if there is a way to check times over XBL, that way if we can't race at the same time we can at least validate times. I'd be willing to participate but at the end of June I won't be around for 6 weeks. But whatever, I'll race when I can.

Aaah. Good to see you Lino. Is the Supra still "Hibernating" this late in the spring? :sly:

Go make it in FM 2. :D

I broke it again... lol... :guilty:

Already ahead of you! I built one just like I want mine to be. It's freaking awesome!

I'm in, that is, if I have enough time to be on Forza when everyone else is.

...The only way I know how to compare times (I think), would be if we did a free run on a given track with a car class restriction, and then after pressing (I think) the X button a time or two, we can see the top friends, or all of the friends, who have driven on that track in that class.

...I think...

After getting hooked online for FM2 I'm all in but I prefer drifting a bit over grip. It's just so fun in this game. tee hee.

I'm only in if we're actually racing on a track together. I'm not in for hotlapping.

I'm in, that is, if I have enough time to be on Forza when everyone else is.

...The only way I know how to compare times (I think), would be if we did a free run on a given track with a car class restriction, and then after pressing (I think) the X button a time or two, we can see the top friends, or all of the friends, who have driven on that track in that class.

...I think...

I think that would be the best way. My work schedule is always random, so I probably wouldn't be able to make it to several races. I'm sending my 360 away Monday, so do you think we could wait a bit until I have it back? :)

Yeah, definitley. Also, it would be actual racing, no hotlapping. Laptimes would be used for determining divisions, Or who races against whom.

I've got a 2 weeks break starting wednesday, and my game should be with me then :D:D count me in

I'd be happy to join, but I don't know how the lag would be racing against people in the US.

I'd be happy to join, but I don't know how the lag would be racing against people in the US.

I raced in PGR3 against a friend of mine in scotland last week and I have a 256kb upload and 512kb down , and he said there was no problem at all ... so I'm hoping I won't have a problem with this and I'm sure you wont :)

I will certainly be interested, but my main focus for the first few weeks will be to finish the career mode.

It'll give me a lot of practice ready for it anyway!

I raced in PGR3 against a friend of mine in scotland last week and I have a 256kb upload and 512kb down , and he said there was no problem at all ... so I'm hoping I won't have a problem with this and I'm sure you wont :)
Thats good to know.

Cool. I'm about to have alot more time to play after this thursday, I have no final on friday, and my next one is the monday after that.

I,m definately interested. I'm not the best pilot and my time on the console is limited, but sign me up!

I'm running a similar series at work with some friends. Right now we are running a ClassD 250HP(Max) Hatch Race series. (5 races - Mugello being the first one - 25 laps). Full race sim, liveries, sponsors (the car's upgrades) and number.

Its pretty fun so far.

I played with Ben (Specialized) yesterday, entirely lagless. But it was only 3 of us (2 in the UK, and me in the US) so it could become worse with many players, but definitely not an issue at the time.

Ok, heres some picture guidelines:

2004801714186449242_rs.jpg

2000997318992578933_rs.jpg

You need to have your name on the car, you need a number, with the header of "GTP". A special livery w/ your sponsors ( Upgrades that you have installed) You also need a fuel sponsor, and oil. You also need full weight reduction, You also need to have the manufacturers logo on the car atleast in one place.

What classes are we going to run? I'm bored so I'll start on my car tonight if I get some guidelines.

I don't know... I personally like to race with lower powered cars. I only used the Porsche because that was the car I was messing around with.

A good balance between speed and ease of control would be B class I think.

What do you guys think?

I say C would be fine, that way the cars aren't overly slow but it will provide for decent racing.

Hmm.... I think that C class would lead to alot of interesting matchups in this series.

BUT. If we were to race D class . I say we ban the Lotus Elan. :P

maybe have a series in every class ? that way we get more people on :) , I'll take the BMW please what ever class its in

I'm fine with either C or B, as I personally like the slower cars overall. If we can get the deets finalized on if we're running hot laps, or actually racing eachother, that would be great.

I have Wednesday off from work, so I should have some time to race (friends, family, and car permitting [I'm getting her fixed on Tuesday/Wednesday]). That is of course, if my brother isn't on it all day...

if we're going to race how many laps ? if were going to hot lap how would we submit our times?

Back