[Interest Check] Super Touring Car ChampionshipDraft 

England
Haywards Heath, West Sussex (i think)
MMR_LukeMitchell
BTCC-1996-Thruxton.jpg

The Super Touring Cars were an era of touring cars between the early 90s and early 2000s, most famous for the British Touring Car Championship. The cars used were generally saloon and estate cars and are considered to be the golden age of the BTCC.

Anyone up for a series on GT6?

A lot of the actual cars and liveries were playable in GT2. Virtue of almost any car having a race modified version or two.

Race '07 with DLC on Steam has a few of the cars like Volvo 850 Estate but they are European or World editions, not the British Touring Car Championship ones. It was very cheap in the Steam Summer Sale and I'm really enjoying it, even with keyboard. As it's a 10 year old engine it runs effortlessly on modern hardware.

Is this series specifically for GT6? Would you run it in Autumn/Winter so people don't have to decide between outdoor Summer things and indoor gaming things? Also gives people without PS4 something to look forwards to.

A lot of the actual cars and liveries were playable in GT2. Virtue of almost any car having a race modified version or two.

Race '07 with DLC on Steam has a few of the cars like Volvo 850 Estate but they are European or World editions, not the British Touring Car Championship ones. It was very cheap in the Steam Summer Sale and I'm really enjoying it, even with keyboard. As it's a 10 year old engine it runs effortlessly on modern hardware.

Is this series specifically for GT6? Would you run it in Autumn/Winter so people don't have to decide between outdoor Summer things and indoor gaming things? Also gives people without PS4 something to look forwards to.
Race07 is absolutely brilliant fun. There's a mod for these on NoGrip called Super Touring Reloaded that has most cars from '95 (?) to '98 and they're so much fun on the Swedish circuits.

I'm thinking of kicking off in September/October whilst avoiding major GTP & GTS events, (And other stuff most drivers would be involved in) probably on Sundays. This is a GT6 exclusive series.

Latest Posts

Back