Interview and GT4P Movie on IGN

• Thread starter Arwin
  • 16 comments
Originally posted by Arwin
.. but not an interview with Kazunori, but with me. :rolleyes: :lol:
Really, is that you - its quite convincing!

Talk about a kick arse response, well done very informative. One thing I find annoying about the analogue sticks is that you can naver be sure that you are pushing it left precisely at 90 degrees maximizing the most of your turning power. For endurance races Analogue steering all way but for fast laps go the d-pad.

I'm currently downloading the videos posted, two of the WRX and the McLaren at Citta di Aria. I wont get to see them for a while, yes 56k. Anyway a 1:18:163 lap that is fantastic! When GT4:P arrives here it will really hit me how fast you were going, I like the way IGN described it as spanked the crap of Italy 👍

Great driving and an informative interview!

Is it a good thing that you do not own a license or you would loose it on penalties on speed perhaps? :)

Is it possible to upload a incar view version of the lap here? Am I wrong or do gt-drivers prefer this way of racing and therefor also to watch the replay-lap in that way?

Enjoyed the new media a lot, so Thanks :D

Yeah, I read that article too. I always though you name was familiar and you are from DL. LOL, I got your 2 replays (McLaren & STi) on my desktop and I watch it all the time. Very impressive!

Personally, I've played the the game with the steering wheel ever since it was out, and thats the only way I will play that game (except for 2 player games). Therefore, I am really excited that Logitech created the Next-Gen 900 degree steering wheel. I like shifting with the knob and I brake with my right foot.

As an Solo racer in the US, I like to simulate as close as possibly my driving style as much as I can in GT and I must say that game actually helped improving/refining my actual solo driving.

BTW, do you use left foot braking/paddle shift when you use the steering wheel? What about Traction control and VSC? Personally I like turning all driver assist off, so that I will pay more attention to my steering/accel/decel action to be as smooth as possible. However, I do find traction control in some cases will yield better lap times.

Well nice talking to you.

I read that the other week and I was thinking hey Arwin, he's the guy from GTP, but then I thought, no it can't be, he'd have made a topic about it by now, but hey, heres the topic. Nice vids and a nice article.

That's the same link dude ... :P There's just a new article which posts the new capri/hong kong tracks, and some stupid comments by me made at 3-4am which I now retract :D (at least the one about capri being amalfi - the track's probably going to be called costra d'amalfi but is definitely on capri, as someone here already pointed out.

One thing that I did notice is in GTC the when you steer full lock with the analog sticks into a turn the replay doesn't display this, its shows that you turned 45 degrees, but in GT3 it would display that you were turning full lock 90 degrees. Something to notice that the developers improved on to make it more realistic because if you are going 80 miles per hour you don't turn your wheel that sharp (90 degrees) without consequences. It makes me think that maybe they should incorporate some sorta car roll if you turn it too sharp.

Back