Interview with limited GT PSP info

• Thread starter eclipz
  • 6 comments
Canada
Winnipeg, Manitoba
1UP: Finally, can you give us any update on Gran Turismo PSP?

KY: We are in the works. It is going forward. It does exist. We’re working on it. We don’t have a release date, of course. A question for you is do people out there really have high hopes for a GT version on PSP?

1UP: I think so, yeah. Back when it was first talked about, people got really excited. I guess it’s kind of fallen off the map because it hasn’t really been talked about since then, but it’ll be big news.

KY: Another question. Which do you think would you or the users would like to have first: a PS3 version of Gran Turismo or PSP version of Gran Turismo?

1UP: I guess the PS3…but what you could do is have the PSP version around August and then hit the PS3 launch in November…

KY: [laughs]

Link

Yeah, see when the 1Up guy said he should release GT for the PSP in August and GT5 for the PSP in November and he LAUGHED?

Bad sign...

I still say there's no way we'll see ANY new GT product for any console in 2006.

No GT Mobile for PSP
No GT5 for PS3
No GT4 Online version for PS2

no way, but at least it's nice to know that it still exists. I was really having my doubts there for a while...

Sorry but I don't see any talk of GT5. I see a PS3 version. Wouldn't GT4 work on PS3?

I would still buy a PSP version after I would get a PS3 and GT for a PS3.

Thanks for the link eclipz- sounds like PD is a little unsure of the next step. Although I find GT-mobile to be of interest, I’m certainly hoping that PS3 is the primary focus at this stage.

Full Article

it's a fair point to ask whether people are really interested, though. the analog stick on the PSP is too sucky to play even Initial D very well, so gawd knows how bad it'd be for GT4. and GT just really doesn't fit the whole portable gaming style either, you really have to play it for more than five minutes at a time. i dunno if I'd even buy it for PSP. i'd rather they worked on GT5...

Yeah. The game will still appeal to me, but it will be very hard to play. The analoge stick is quite sensitive and is hard to be precise with it, and the buttons aren't pressure sensitive, so it's either full throttle or none at all. I can see cars becoming very hard to drive unless PD sorts something out (I haven't a clue what it will be). In Toca Race Driver 2 this isn't noticable too much, but you do miss being able to do half throttle/half breaking. You have to tap the buttons instead, but even that doesn't work that well.

Lemminkainen
Yeah, see when the 1Up guy said he should release GT for the PSP in August and GT5 for the PSP in November and he LAUGHED?

Bad sign...
Not really, he laughs a lot in all his interviews.

Back