Intro Car Question.

• Thread starter YoshiXL
  • 7 comments
Ok, this is very picky. You have to have a VERY good eye for this, there is this car im lookin for in the game but cannot find what it is.

In the intro i THINK about halfway through there is a Green compact car that comes TOWARDS the screen and takes a right turn (left to us, but right for the car), you only really get to see the front of the car and looks sooo freakin cool. if tried all the cars and nothing looks like it...

A Prelude with a race-mod maybe?

That's just a wild guess before I even look at the video.

I'll edit this message after I actually look at the video.

Well... Maybe I'll add another followup, after all...

I'm pretty sure you're talking about a 1995 (i.e. "new") Nissan Primera, with race-mod #2 (green with red visor strip and wing). It says "Nissan Castrol" on the hood.

I taped the intro last night so I could play it over-and-over and slow it down and freeze-frame.

This car comes towards you, in a bunch on a night track, closely following a Tijuana Taxi Honda, at about 2:10 into the intro, making the turn as you describe.

SportWagon
I'm pretty sure you're talking about a 1995 (i.e. "new") Nissan Primera, with race-mod #2 (green with red visor strip and wing). It says "Nissan Castrol" on the hood.

I taped the intro last night so I could play it over-and-over and slow it down and freeze-frame.

This car comes towards you, in a bunch on a night track, closely following a Tijuana Taxi Honda, at about 2:10 into the intro, making the turn as you describe.
I Agree with SportWagon. 👍

YoshiXL
no, cant be it, this car is ALL green...
So you're not talking about the race-mod one as I describe it then?

Is it in a day or night scene?

There are very few other green cars which go from your right to your left across the screen; most go from your left to your right (including as someone mentioned the Mazda Lantis, followed by another green car--maybe a 180SX, Fairlady (300ZX) or even perhaps a modern Supra; this second car is never properly centered in view).

Try taping the intro and watching it that way if you can manage it.

Okay there is a daylight scene in which you briefly see a green Mazda Lantis making a turn such as you describe, but it is not the car in central focus. The car in focus is a white FTO, which the Lantis is closely following.

There are several other shots of that same colour Lantis throughout the demo, including a side-view. I always thought that car looked sort of like a tiny minivan from the side, myself....

Back